Acne at 22 still

>Acne at 22 still
>Used accutane a couple years ago already and it gave me bad joint pain
>no hope

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836431/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cheer up bud it's not all bad. go see a derm again; there are plenty of options besides accutane.

worst case just wait another couple years and if you're a man the acne will just naturally disappear. then you can get your scarring treated

you might not be able to control your acne but you can control how you feel about it

What are the chances it goes away... and besides I cannot afford laser scar treatment

it goes away for most men not sure %. the disease lasts about 8 years for most people

there are a lot of options available for scars eg microdermabrasion, some topical retinoids, hydroquinone. save up for a good derm

Try being as healthy as possible. Drink plenty of water and cut out crap foods. Hit the gym. Go hardcore and i wouldn't doubt you'll see some form of improvement. To rule things out you're gonna want to cut out a lot. Theres a lot of stuff out there you can be sensitive to. So for starters cut out sugar, gluten, and dairy. If you're serious just fucking do it. Cut out anything overly processed. Drastically reduce your caffeine intake. Don't eat oily foods. Reduce your meat intake. Get plenty of exercise and water. Another important one is relaxing and eliminating stress. Find something that really relaxes you, smoking weed is acceptable if that works. Also try not to jack off, if you can't get laid restrict it at least. I know a lot of it is genetics, but those genetics could just be affecting your sensitivity to things. So again its worth cutting things out to see if it makes a difference. Sorry if that was a lot of bro science, but that stuff has helped me a lot personally.

Godspeed

Do keto.

Poor user, hope you find something my dude

Cycled off accutane last year, worked for me haven't had severe acne since. The pills made me depressed af though

Don't bank on it going away on its own. I'm 25 and I still have acne. It started at 16.

me too user

I just go to the dermatologist once a year, start a regimen, acne clears up, and then slowly comes back. It'll stop eventually i think

This. I'm in the same boat as you OP. I've suffered of acne since I was 16. Took treatment for years with a few ups and downs. Last time I took it was around a year, in the mean time I've had seasons were it comes back lighter but still sometimes I get bad acne for weeks. During the December holidays it came back, I didn't paid to much attention to my diet, but as a New Years Resolution I started to eat clean, workout, getting enough sleep and trying to be less stressful. I'm doing great, I've been getting just a few minor pimples and they seem to be less as time advances.
Cut sugars, I think this is the one that has worked out most for me and drink lots of water.
We are all gonna make it.

there's other medication out there now.

I just got taken off roaccutane by my dermatologist a week ago and have this brand new cream thing that doesn't have any of the shitty side effects

What cream?

i am wondering if you swam daily if that would help? it dries out the skin

I used accutane and it fucked my liver, though it cleared me up. Now I'm left with nasty scars and pits on my cheeks. What do you bros use for scars? I can't afford laser.

Chlorine destroys hair tho

25, still have acne, but I have it under control with benzoyl peroxide + retinol for fading scars quicker and getting pores smaller. Both, especially in wrong doses, cause peeling, you need to exfoliate(with mild acidic masks), use sunscreen, but besides the

make some money gains man its worth it to do laser

it might help dry out your skin, most acne is hormonal though, so there is a chance all you'll be doing is drying your skin out and not really effecting your acne much at all. however i do suggest swimming since its such a good way to get your cardio in, with minimal joint impact meaning its probably the least detrimental form of cardio for your body can't really go wrong swimming

Try zinc

Isn't that really hit and miss?

22 is still young lol

I'm 25, still acne, and it's normal. There are things to reduce it but don't stress over it, that makes it worse

>dont jack off
im pretty sure injaculation works as an alternative but i could be wrong

Dude try this. Wash your face in the shower with some kind of scrub. When your done taking a shower turn the temperature to the coldest to the point where it's freezing. Dunk your face and hair in it for a few seconds amd then pat dry your face. What that does is close your poors right after washing them. So there's less likely of a chance of infection or acne. I started doing it and it works like a charm. Best of luck bro

Not OP but I get spots on my neck and my shower's coldest setting isnt that cold, any advice?

Shut the fuck up and stop peddling pseudoscience.

Literally nothing you mentioned has ever been proven to have any fucking affect on acne. Not only has it not been proven, there isn't even the slightest shred of evidence. Yeah, I know, "everybody knows it" - shut the fucking fuck up.
>but muh personal anecdotes
You know where you can shove those?

Chronic acne is a medical condition, not a hygiene issue, and not a diet issue (with the exception of a slight correlation with dairy consumption). It isn't caused by jacking off. It isn't caused by having a dirty pillow. It isn't caused by lack of exercise or dehydration. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFESTYLE. It is caused by a bacterial infection, which in turn is caused by overactive sebaceous glands, which in turn are caused by your genes, and not by your diet or lifestyle.

The only cures are medical. Nothing you can do at home will help.

im also 22 and i still get a few on my face and a bunch on my neck, it sucks, but ive kinda gotten used to it. my sister is 31 and still has it pretty bad all over, so i just hope that isn't the way things go for me. lucky for her she's still good looking other than the acne, and she's good with makeup.

>”STOP PEDDLING PSEUDOSCIENCE!!”
>proceeds to peddle his own science which, in turn, is quite pseudo

You should take a slurp of your own medicine. It’s clear you haven’t done your research. There is a ton of support for both dairy and sugar as harmful for your skin. Not so much gluten.

Besides, even if not all of what that poster said is true in terms of altering the severity of acne, none of it is bad advice to employ if you want to be less of a bag of shit in general.

I'm going to be generous and comprehensive with this reply (and much less vulgar), even though what you are saying is mostly untrue.

For decades, the great majority of the research done on acne failed to find any significant correlation between diet & chronic acne. We've known for some time that there's a slight (and it is slight) correlation between dairy consumption and acne. It is true that in the past few years several studies have come out alleging a relationship between high-glycemic diets and acne. This research is quite new, and the link, if it exists, is not very well-understood. This research also does not exist in a vacuum; it doesn't nullify the previous studies that found no significant link. It's also unclear exactly what KIND of relationship there is, assuming it exists. A link being found between sugar consumption & acne doesn't necessarily mean that reducing your sugar consumption will noticeably improve your acne. No, stop - I can hear you rushing off to google to find studies suggesting that reducing your glycemic load might improve acne. Sure, you'll be able to find them. Everything I wrote above applies to them as well, as regards the studies being new and insufficiently well-understood to enter the realm of accepted wisdom yet. I'm not pooh-poohing them, that's how medical research works.

If you want to accuse me of presenting one side (my side) of an active conversation in the medical field as though it's the only side ... okay, guilty. It's true that I'm skeptical, and that's because I know that there are other experts who remain skeptical, but it's an area of active controversy, fair enough.

cont'd; for now, this is a pretty good link to read if you want a summary of the diet/acne conversation. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836431/

cont'd If you want to write a post saying "There's growing evidence that sugar may exacerbate acne, and cutting it out might help, but we're not sure of that; but reducing your sugar intake can only improve your overall health, so what the hell, right?" then be my guest. But nobody ever fucking does that in these threads. They always write
>Drink plenty of water and cut out crap foods
>Cut out anything overly processed
>So for starters cut out sugar, gluten, and dairy
>Don't eat oily foods
>Reduce your meat intake
I'm sorry, but that's bunk. And that's just what he wrote about diet; it's mixed in with a bunch of other shit about hygiene and exercise and even abstinence and feeling good vibes, man, virtually all of which is unsubstantiated. Sorry folks, the sugar link *may* be real, but as far as the rest goes, it may be good for you in general but as regards acne it just doesn't work. The post I quoted was not a position reached after investigating the medical literature. It was somebody peddling bullshit because it "sounded right." I'm tired of it, which is why my post before had so many "fucks" in it, people pushing shit because it sounds right as though it's EVER possible to will away a BACTERIAL INFECTION by thinking good thoughts and not masturbating. Most of it may be OK advice in general (minus the jacking off thing) but as far as skin care goes it's harmful, because it leads to incidences of massive ignorance like we have now, where you have hundreds of thousands of people who literally believe in sympathetic magic, who believe that "cutting out greasy foods" like pizza will improve your acne, pretty much because ... your skin feels greasy when you have acne, and pizza is also greasy.

So, now that the dust has settled, and I've walked back and clarified quite a bit (I admit I overreached and oversimplified before, but sometimes I get really frustrated with people purveying commonsensical wisdom that's in fact a bunch of tripe) -- do you really disagree?

Last thing I'll write because I know I've already wall-of-texted you, but there is something I want to make clear: although I admit I shouldn't have been so definite about there being no link whatsoever between diet and acne, that correlation is found in POPULATIONS. If You, Personally are dealing with chronic acne that shouldn't quit, and you're tired of it, DO NOT FUCKING MESS AROUND WITH BULLSHIT DIET ADVICE, feel free to cut out sugars if you want to, but do that in ADDITION TO ... you know ... going to the doctor. Who won't prescribe accutane right away; they'll prescribe antibiotics. You know, to deal with the infection.

If that doesn't work accutane might be next on the table, but if you're like the OP and the side effects are too rough (they aren't for most people but some have stronger reactions), there are other options they'll be willing to consider, and unlike 99% of what you'll read online, they actually work.

Get Veeky Forums while you can even if people think you might be roiding

I’m at work phoneposting right now so I can’t give you the lengthly reply that such a thorough explanation of your stance deserves.

Thanks though for willingly trying to educate people on the topic even if I do *disagree* to some degree, based entirely on anecdotal evidence. My acne personally comes and goes, and has a STRONG CORRELATION in my own experience with my diet and excercise regiments. I am, however, willing to acknowledge that that is simply allowing my body to work better to fight infection causing the acne in the first place.

It is definitely an interesting argument. I’ve never been on accutane. My sister is currently on some topical cream at the moment though I don’t know which. It does seem to be working much better than putting a fresh towel on your pillow case did for me at her age.

Are you by any chance a legitimate dermatologist? Or just someone who thoroughly researched something affecting them?

Cheers for the reply either way my dude. We could use more intelligent discussion like this on these threads.