Movie set in the Middle Ages

>Movie set in the Middle Ages
>Everyone is unwashed and has dirt on their face

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GkcsLFSAS30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Movie is set on acient times
>Everyone speaks english

>ppl speak english when speaking with someone of the same language, only with an accent
>when some dude enters the picture who speaks a different language, that dude speaks an ancient version of his language while the other two start speaking their own ancient language instead of english
>somewhere down the line everyone says fuck it and they all speak english with different accents

>Movie is set in 18th century
>Interractions between different people in English instead of French

dude enlightenment revisionism lmao

>movie set in the middle ages
>everyone is talking about religion and God in a secular sense instead of being fanatic fundamentalsits

God I hated Kingdom of Heaven for this

This

Medieval Christianity was more extreme than present day Islam

This is a big one,i don't think they realize just how seriously medieval people took their religion.

>movie set before late 19th century
>film wasn't even invented yet

Kingdom of Heaven was such bullshit, good god.

>movie set on ancient greece
>men aren't fucking each other

>im a dragon!!!11one :D
>you know what fuck this shit

>All the unnamed extra's soldiers are wearing proper Armour
>main character moderately strikes the extra, on his armour
>he dies instantly

>movie set in middle ages
>there isn't widespread rape

>movie is set in the middle ages
>the earth isnt flat

>Two people who are both foreign in a world where modern English exists start speaking in their own language but then for no reason, or the discussion gets more serious, decide to speak in English
I'm thinking of Man in the High Castle here, The Japanese speak Japanese to each other but then it gets serious and they switch to English.
It's akin to the British during the Empire, being in India and suddenly switching to Hindi

Pleb service. Plebs when paying ticket price for Bread&Circus don't want to have to read. Subtitles are for avante-garde dorks. Ask any producer and they'll tell you the same.
Pleb service. Moderps need to believe they're better than Derps from hundreds of years ago.

>film set in China
>they use koreans

They all look alike

definitely one of the recent examples I reacted to as well

Korean facial features are more appealing to westerners than chinese facial features.

They can get away with this because they won't get accused of racism/cultural appropriation. That only happens when whitey plays non-whitey. SJWs have no attention span for racism not involving white people in one way or another.

>film set in France
>they use Anglos
The horror.

They have seriously chosen a black to play Lancelot?

Unless it's a movie about scholastic monks, that is.
Otherwise yeah, KoG why?

He's a mythical figure in a mythical land. Who cares.

>Mythical land
>England
Imagine a white person playing Kunta Kinte

>movie made in 1950s
>regardless of setting the entire cast is white and speaks with a british accent

>le I'm too cool to care about this stuff look at me I'm so liberal and aloof meme

kys pham

How accurate are the early assassin's creed games with respect to people's religious fanaticism?

And why were Europeans so barbaric in the middle ages compared to Greece and Rome in antiquity?

It's got fucking wizards and dragons dude

Assassin's Creed is muslim propaganda, implying the Crusaders/Templars were bad guys

How many black fairy tales have wizards and dragons in it?

None because there are no black fairy tales

Fanaticism =/= barbarism

>Doesn't know blacks weren't invented until 1960's by Albert Blackenstine

To an extent I get what you mean.

On one hand you're right, who cares, it's fiction, it doesn't *have* to adhere to shit.

On the other hand there's no end of butthurt when white guys are chosen to play traditionally nonwhite characters, whether fiction or not. There is a hypocrisy surrounding these things.

A better example might be "What if they chose a white guy to play Mansa Musa in a fantasy series where the Mali Empire goes up against dragons and wizards."

Who's that man?
Is he the king of /vp/ or something?

>movie/tv series made in 2010s Great Britain
>regardless of setting half the cast is black muslims and the other half is disabled transgender dwarfs

Black characters can't get whitewashed, real or fictional

Actually fanaticism is basically a product of barbarism

Ironic 2bh

Not Subsaharan Africa, but...:

>Gods of Egypt is a 2016 Australian-American fantasy action film directed by Alex Proyas. It stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Brenton Thwaites, Chadwick Boseman, Élodie Yung, Courtney Eaton, Rufus Sewell, Gerard Butler and Geoffrey Rush. In the film, which features ancient Egyptian deities, Butler plays the god of darkness Set who takes over the Egyptian empire, and Thwaites plays the mortal hero Bek who partners with the god Horus, played by Coster-Waldau, to save the world and rescue his love.[5]

>there are no black fairy tales
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> movie set in modern france
> timetravelling peasant servant is literally retarded and loyal like a dog

That was what I was saying.

Did you read the discussion leading up to the post? It's quite short.

Really though, what's your preferred way of delivering dialogue from scenes that don't have English? Subtitles? Dubbing from the beginning?

Although it's a bit of a cheesy transition, I like the way they did it in Project Valkyrie, where Tom Cruise issues orders and writes a letter in German that fades into English. Honestly, I just don't see any non-jarring methods.

WE

Yeah, based on white people's beliefs.

It's like making Anansi white

Name them

Especially the ones with wizards and dragons

>movie set at any time between the Middle Ages and the early 20th century
>nobles of different countries speak English to each other instead of French
>French characters speak with a retarded accent

>movie is about war and the military
>everyone is friendly and no one rapes each other.

Dont remember the middle ages having gladiator fights

There isn't even any religious fanaticism in Assassin's Creed, what are you talking about?

But that's accurate.

>war movie
>main character stumbles upon a woman hiding with kids
>he leaves them be instead of raping the female(s)

I care about the same amount as I care about other inaccuracies or annoying cliches in film. It is only because race is involved that it is controversial.

The mythical land is 5th century England, maybe he could be ex-Roman army who was recruited in southern Egypt, moved there and decided not to withdraw when ordered and fight for the Briton's cause. That would make for an interesting story and I'd be on your side telling /pol/ to shut up, but something tells me there won't be any explanation.

But people were unwashed in the middle ages. I know there's an extreme backlash against traditional depictions of medieval life on this board, but people did not wash anywhere near as much as we do, while working in mainly dirty jobs such as agriculture

Lancelot's role is to abandon his baby mama so he can cuck Arthur.

There's no dragon, but the Tiv story where an evil wizard tricks you into eating human flesh so you gain mystic powers, and then blackmails you into using them to murder your family and turn them into zombies for cannibal feasts, until you have no relatives left and the wizard butchers you and the cycle continues is pretty well known.

I haven't played the game, but the Assasins were basically medieval shia terrorists. I don't know if the protagonist is a zealot who kills political targets in public suicide missions, but it's not quite accurate if he doesn't.

Junichi Masuda, director of the Pokemon games. Someone was trying to force a meme, but he's fairly important to the games.

this

The epic of Sundiata

The Dausi

The epic of Mwindo

Makoma

Sudika-Mbambi

>movie about Roman Empire
>all the main characters are of celtic-germanic descent and anyone with isn't nordic white is a slave or servant

ITT: filthy realists

A movie set up in medieval times doesn't want to exactly show, how it was back then. It is not about accuracy, but about entertainment and artistic expression (at least theoretically). People are having a picture inside their heads ancient times and when they watch a movie playing in that time, they don't want to be educated but to be entertained and affirmed in their beliefs and honestly there's nothing wrong about that. Mankind did that for thousands of years. What matters is not how it really was back then, but what you want to express: what you want to show and how you want it to be back then.

>there's nothing wrong with falsifying history for political purposes

Get the fuck out of this board.

Well we wouldn't have things like the aeneis without that.

And what I tried to point out, is that the art itself is pure and shouldn't be limited by historical realism.

Eh, I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of what you do if you cut away the whole magical, mystical bullshit. Also, semi-suicidal, since the protagonist (surprise) will always prevail. It's basically a glorified, polished version of the Hashashin of old.

regular cleanliness is a relatively modern thing in western Europe . Try actually looking up these things instead of eating up 4chans contrarian culture

They would've smelled pretty bad, but they wouldn't have fucking faces smeared with shit.

>I think game of Thrones is actual history

They still washed more than Europeans did in pre-modern times, tho. There was a resurgent bathhouse-culture from the 12th century onwards. Shame doctors thought washing caused the plague and people washed almost never until the 18th-19th century.

>implying rape didn't occur all the time in warzones

Outside of that it was limited, I'll give you that. But saying rape was uncommon is just revisionist meming.

I guess all those written descriptions of people washing, pictures of them washing and surviving artifacts that were used for washing, are all made up...

>movie has a feast scene
>people are lifting cups and goblets to their faces and the drink is spilling all over everything
>they're just ripping apart hunks of meat and shovelling it down their throats with their bare hands

There's plenty of reasonable theories for why rape was "so common" during warfare outside of actual rape.

> implying you don't want to do this

>they're just ripping apart hunks of meat and shovelling it down their throats with their bare hands
That's accurate though. Cutlery is relatively recent.

>movie about ancient egypt
>everyone is a nubian african

>movie about Ancient Egypt
>everyone is a white western European

Everyone? Usually no, never. Nobility/Important characters? Yes, probably which isn't that unrealistic depending on the period.

No. Just no.

There are extensive instructions from the middle ages, describing exactly what etiquette should be followed, down to the order in which the servants fold the towels.

Check out the Babbees Book. A google search should bring up the full text is a pdf along with a dozen of other etiquette texts.

They never change history because it would "restrict the art". It's only ever done for commercial reasons.

God I hate affirmative action actors in ancient and medieval settings reeeeeee!

You do know Celts lived in Italy right?

>Movie set in the middle ages
>It doesn't allude to the scary common practice of nursemaids masturbating their charges to sleep because of a belief it helped them nap faster
>It doesn't allude to the practice of public sex among peasants on the floors of restaurants and inns
>It doesn't show how hunting dogs were used as de facto napkins at lords' and royals' feasts because of their fur

The middle ages was a traumatic and gross time. Why don't movies show that more?

The filth strengthened their immune system. And as gross as it sounds, it's for that particular reason that some doctors actually advise people to eat the mucus from their nose. It's essentially penicillin.

youtube.com/watch?v=GkcsLFSAS30

>everyone is wearing black cloth and leather

How did medieval soldiers do any raping with their heavy ass metal armor?

>Movie is set in a bastardized "medieval" fantasy kingdom populated by elves and dwarves
>There are wizards who can do actual magic
>There are "warrior" swordsman characters who don't look like they've fought a day in their lives
>Characters talk in an unrealistic mix of British and American accents
>There are still people who come out of the movie thinking it's based on real actual history

>>It doesn't allude to the scary common practice of nursemaids masturbating their charges to sleep because of a belief it helped them nap faster
>>It doesn't allude to the practice of public sex among peasants on the floors of restaurants and inns
sounds ebin

>imply pre-Ostrogoth/Lombard invasion Italy of antiquity was a majority pasty "snownigger" whites from northern europe

The common man at arms or peasant levy could not afford full armor

Entertainment from movies to comics are run by kikes. Dont take it too seriously.

Are the crystal gems.

>referring to Wakanda
>a fictional location
>in a superhero world

>Marvel comics holding relevance to history whatsoever.

Yes, good stormtard, blame DA JOOS

Buttblasted shlomo

>Movie/show is set in medieval or renaissance Europe
>Protagonist has one witty black friend

A peasant levyman would be very lucky to have anything more than his clothes and a spear

On that note

>everyone in medieval period can somehow afford a sword