Flannels

Why do black people, and non-whites in general pull of flannels way better than white people? Whenever I see a white person wearing a flannel, it automatically is seen as a soy flag. Every other race pulls it off way better.

By flannel are you simply referring to the plaid/tartan pattern?

It's pretty "soy" to not know the difference, new friend.

Not necessarily, it's perfectly acceptable to be caucasian and wear pic related, I'm talking about the soft material shirts with the plaid pattern like the OP image.

Also before you say anything about how un/fa/ pic related is, it's what most people above the age of 25 wear, since that's the age most people tend to outgrow their soy fashion phase.

king krule is Veeky Forums as fuck

Maybe it's that you don't have a preconceived notion of what a black looks like wearing flannel but when you see a white millennial wearing flannel your mind is comparing him to previous generations of whites that did not have the same facial deformities.

I actually whole heartedly disagree with you there.

The picture you've posted is, in fact, a soy product. Wearing a wool flannel is not.

I wouldn't say so, most people I see wearing wool flannels are young hipsters, while most people wearing those plaid button ups are just middle age preppy men, whom were most likely chads in their heyday.

>wool flannel

99.99% of flannel shirts are cotton.

>new friend
>"soy"

Please fucking kill yourself holy shit.

Stop. You sound fucking pathetic.

what the fuck is this thread even?

OP here, I just wondered why the average image of a non-white wearing a flannel shirt is pretty much a neckbearded hipster that listens to death grips like Anthony fantano, while it looks cooler on every other race.

A meme'ing 19 year old that has been her all summer and some bored Veeky Forumsgs that can't have been here earlier than 2013 literally dialoguing about nothing using the same memes to describe clothes and people they don't like.

>Posts one of the most attractive black celebrities who's known for god tier fits

>one of the most attractive
>god tier fits

Fuck off, and don't come back until you're 25.

>Not liking Rocky
C'mon man, even most of Veeky Forums can agree he dresses pretty fucking well

>Rocky
thats travis scott you faggot. rocky is cool but his dickriders are too much

Veeky Forums in general can't agree on anything

God tier:
Flannels on blacks
Great tier:
Flannels on Asians
Good tier:
Flannels on pale skinned Hispanics
Flannels on mixed Indians (half Indian half white etc)
Shit tier:
Flannels on everything else

Travis Scott looks like an absolute retard in that pic, I really hope you aren't referring to this.

Rap has no place on Veeky Forums. At all. No one's disagreeing about this.

>le crazy Veeky Forums :DD

Each board has its own specific, niche culture. Veeky Forums has never been rap friendly, and that's not going to change because of a few high school newfags who started coming here in the last few years.

Ok kid go back to your radiohead
God I wish I was as cool as you

>>>/twitter/
>>>/instagram/

I disagree

he looks like that in 80% of his pictures

you probably watch too much tv

that shirt looks fucking atrocious

your opinion, and your opinion is wrong, etc et al

This looks like absolute shit.

Lmao that's Travis Scott nigga

I love flannels, fuck you faggots

True.

Why is everyone calling them flannels and not shirts?

Isn't that just an Oxford Shirt?

What actually defines a flannel?

Angry guy.

The fabric

Good to know, thanks.

Personally not a fan of that fabric.

travis scott is ugly and dresses like shit though. this dude was one of the key figures who turned raf into a pleb brand. he completely ruined that new order parka at a conceptual level and opened the flood gates for losers like yourself op to start collecting raf. i sold all of my raf because of people like travis scott

Stop acting like your taste is so much more "sophisticated" then everyone else. Snobbery at its finest.

lol you found out about raf from a rap video. i dont think my taste is better than everyone, but i know for a fact its better than yours. i literally sold ten thousand dollars worth of raf just to avoid dressing like you

>NOT MOTHAFUCKING ASAP, BETCH
Do yall remember that one

RAF SIMONS
RICK OWENS
USUALLY WHAT I'M DRESSED IN

(Underground) rap these days is heavily borrowing from traditionally white genres like punk, grunge and some metal. The fashion that comes with it is an aspect of that.

If youre not wearing a flannel from Pendleton, Filson, or Jonsons Woolen Mills pls kys.

Flannel shirts made from cotton are pleb soyboy tier.

Mfw I'm a white millennial with facial asymmetry that nobody has noticed but it's only a matter of time

That shirt is both ugly and not flannel

>reading comprehension
Most people don't give a shit, only Veeky Forumsggot 18-24 year olds who have a lot of dispensable income to waste on "expressing themselves" through clothing. In reality, it's no worse than tats. Most designer brands look like complete shit, and their longevity is limited. I highly doubt cav empt will still be popular 10 years down the line. Even though that plaid shirt is not technically "fashionable" looks fine. It's respectable to dress with that kind of shirt since they are popular within the majority of the population that doesn't care for fashion. That population is also the only population that matters since they are the ones actually contributing to society instead of acting elitist and pretentious, something most Veeky Forumsggots need to learn. I find it ironic that the outfit threads I see on /p/ are better looking than the ones I see here.

Can confirm, /p/ shits all over Veeky Forums