How to field compliments on fits from females

There are some girls in the office who compliment my fit every day I bother to show up.
I always smile and thank them but that's it.
What is the correct etiquette?
Should I compliment them on their fit or am I doing it right.
Context: they dress like normies.

I work at a retail clothing store and get compliments on my fit or cologne from girls I work with occasionally.

I just thank them and move on. I don't return the compliment because I'm afraid of spilling my spaghetti and saying something that can be construed as inappropriate. Especially at work.

tl;dr: My advice is to just take the compliment, don't reciprocate, try to direct the conversation onto something else.

>I don't return the compliment because I'm afraid of spilling my spaghetti
yeah. this is where I'm at. I don't want to start some #metoo shit either

If you're scared of that, just compliment their hair or shoes. You might look kinda gay but at least they won't be fucking creeped out if you say "that shirt is flattering" like a weirdo. And when complimenting their clothes don't compliment them really. Just say "thanks! Your shoes are really cool" or "thank you! I like your hairstyle today" or something. But don't reciprocate every time, or it seems like you can't take a compliment without saying something other than thanks. Imo, just saying thank you and smiling is fine

All of these replies are overthinking a normal and small social interaction. Say thanks, move on with your life and only give a compliment back when it's genuine. No one is going to call you a rapist or report you to hr for complimenting a blouse or haircut.

"Oh thanks fem user! Your outfit is not to shabby either"

>All of these replies are overthinking a normal and small social interaction.
dude. that's what most threads on this site, let alone this board, are about:
socially inept men grasping their spaghetti trying to navigate the modern world.

Nice dubs bad grammar

yeah, just be honest. take the compliment and move on. If you can see something you like about their look, tell them, why not. spread positivity, but don't fake it

>th-thanks
>turn 360 degrees and walk away

Is it Dior Sauvage?

No. Most recently it's been Amber by Lab Perfumes.

"thanks, you look good too!"

>Say thanks, move on with your life and only give a compliment back when it's genuine.

Agreed.

>No one is going to call you a rapist or report you to hr for complimenting a blouse or haircut.

Mostly agreed. If OP gets compliments all day girls dig him and it's very unlikely they would take anything he says wrong.

But consider this: all these retarded misfits on Veeky Forums? There are female equivalents to them that are just as retarded but because of the benefit of make-up, among other things, they are rarely neet. They are in every workplace.

this

If you're feeling really, really brave you might even try some small talk, like "How was your weekend?"

It's too late now since you already established a cucked pattern but the correct answer is to shrug and/or respond with irritated confusion. They're implying there's something unusual about how you dress, that you should care bout their opinions, and think they should be able to speak to you in a way you can't speak to them. All of that is shit.

why not just break out in a spontaneous Shakespearean soliloquy, address the room as if you had something incredibly important to get across, and then laugh very loudly until someone either starts laughing also, or everyone leaves the room. here this will do:
(now go memorize it)
Spoken by Romeo, Romeo & Juliet, Act 5 Scene 3
How oft when men are at the point of death
Have they been merry! which their keepers call
A lightning before death: O, how may I
Call this a lightning? O my love! my wife!
Death, that hath suck’d the honey of thy breath,
Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty:
Thou art not conquer’d; beauty’s ensign yet
Is crimson in thy lips and in thy cheeks,
And death’s pale flag is not advanced there.
Tybalt, liest thou there in thy bloody sheet?
O, what more favour can I do to thee,
Than with that hand that cut thy youth in twain
To sunder his that was thine enemy?
Forgive me, cousin! Ah, dear Juliet,
Why art thou yet so fair? shall I believe
That unsubstantial death is amorous,
And that the lean abhorred monster keeps
Thee here in dark to be his paramour?
For fear of that, I still will stay with thee;
And never from this palace of dim night
Depart again: here, here will I remain
With worms that are thy chamber-maids; O, here
Will I set up my everlasting rest,
And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars
From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last!
Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you
The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death!
Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide!
Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
The dashing rocks thy sea-sick weary bark!
Here’s to my love!

Wow this is really gay dude

autism

HOly shit ive been getting fashion advice from a bunch of autists

Criminal waste of quads.
>wants to quote Shakespeare
>doesn’t choose st Crispin day speech
The absolute state of this board