What is this type of jacket called? I understand it's SLP but I'm wondering if there are any alternatives to it

What is this type of jacket called? I understand it's SLP but I'm wondering if there are any alternatives to it.

I think most people will probably just call it gay

Mehmet my son

pashtuns wear this shit at weddings

You want a jacket with that cut or with those details (or even both)?

A "cheaper" alternative to the slp is balmain, they made more of those jackets than slp, so it's easier to come by.

The other option is just go vintage, you can't find fast fashion something with that level of detail, don't even bother.
There's a pic of Mick Jagger wearing a jacket quite similar to that one back in the day, so with luck you can find one.

The cut itself of the jacket looks like a vintage hotel uniform, the cut is quite similar.

Pic related, something that balmain does

i can't for the life of me remember the keywords i used to find it, but

a while back on ebay i found a few very similar jackets which were being sold i think as costume stuff

maybe related to 1600s or some colonial type stuff

i honestly haven't seen anything similar from anywhere but slp/balmain so maybe have a look at quality costume type stuff

or as mentioned specific cultures, i feel like you could find shit like this in the womens section of the vietnamese mall near me

Does anyone know the price of that jacket?
I think that the retail was something crazy, like 60 grand, but I'm not sure

look up mens indian wedding wear

Baroque detailings.

Dries van noten made some nixe ones.

those jackets were like 2-2.5k usd off the slp website that season, silmanes slp was ready to wear not couture(at the time that jacket was made), that embroidery is done by machine not hand

Thanks.Because once I saw someone trying to sell one for 60k. You know, sometimes resellers shoot to the moon when they try their luck

BUT i’m not most people. I’m above them.

WHEN I WAS

something along the lines of a matador bolero with a mandarin collar?

>6'5"
>Can't wear SLP because of the fuckhuge heels
feels bad, I don't want to be 7 feet

this

these are inspired by Pashtun waistcoats.

You're tripping bitch, these kind of coats go back to 19th century military uniforms.

some matador looking shit

Jimi had similar one

That's just on your head.
Some slp models had the same exact height as you.
So you can pull it off extremely well, if you are that thing.

adam ant jacket

Kind of reminds me of Balkan clothes.

you should at least try it. but yea be weary of proportions someone that tall if ur slp skinny and wearing skin tight clothing the proportions can get fucked easily

whats his name

Valter Törsleff

i always assumed it was based off of british court dress (pictured), but maybe matador jackets is a closer match. The SLP jacket is stupid though; there's no way in hell you can close it, and you probably can't bend at the elbows or the shoulders while wearing it. If you admit to liking that SLP jacket, that evinces a view of fashion that is v divorced from actual garments.

Look at the slp jacket, do you think that you are going to wear it everyday?
Doesn't matter if the jacket doesn't close. Hedi also dis a biker jacket that the zipper doesn't work, fake pockets etc...

yes but you get my point, right? It's not really entirely about the clothes.

SLP isn't merely non-utilitarian in that the functionality of the clothes isn't optimized ; SLP is anti-utilitarian in that the clothes don't function at all in some p important ways. My sentence is badly written but you agree with that, right?

So then you can understand why some naïve individuals like yrs truly are a bit disgusted when the garment industry ceases to care about garments-for-themselves. I'm disgusted by fake pockets in fast fashion and I reserve the right to be disgusted by fake pockets in "high fashion" RTW.

I get your point of view.
But we are talking about fashion, so looks is over function in every aspect.

Every awards ceremony there's always nip slip, why? Looks over function, the designs aren't even tested to see if they are even functional or not.
Just see runaway show, there's always models walking in a weird way, or the shoes are super heavy, or the cut of the clothes doesn't make you move properly etc...

You can always buy pieces that are wearable/functional, but some of the runaway pieces are purely fashion/art.

It's Afghan.

just looked him up and he's ugly

he only looks good with this hair

probably because it helps hide his shit brown eyes

>kekkk

When he ran for slp, he's super young (like 15/16).
Now he's an adult and looks completely different.