At what point should a prole with some savings start thinking about buying stocks?

At what point should a prole with some savings start thinking about buying stocks?

Is €10,000 even worth investing, or should I just sit on it as a rainy day fund and keep my nose to the grindstone like a good little exploitable resource?

I feel like all I'm doing is watching my savings lose value.

Invest in TRUMP and watch your 10,000 turn into 100,0000?

Is this Veeky Forums's version of shitposting, or what?

Sorta kinda. They're genuinely hoping to emulate Trump's "high energy" by being stupidly optimistic about it. But you can never be sure, lots of people jsut want to watch them crasha nd burn since Trump coins have NO LITERAL VALUE whatsoever.

It's good to increase your time in the market so I'd say yes it's worth investing 10k. Just keep adding to it whenever you've got a bit of money, don't touch it for a few decades and yeah. Honestly I'd even say it's worth it for 1-5k.

nothing is too small to invest.. the sooner you get your money working for you, the better

>Is €10,000 even worth investing
What you should really be asking is, is it worth keeping 10k in a bank account or in your sock drawer? I think you're likely to find investing it being better in every way.

My first month trading is about to come to a close and I turned $3000 into $5000. I'd say definitely invest. Even if you don't want to be trading high risk stocks yourself, your cash is bleeding if it's not growing in the market

I am not shilling this is legit, you should try Watchhimtrade.com and just follow this kids Options advice on a OptionsHouse.com account

You'll have fun, your risk will be limited you could make good money and you don't need to day trade it you could do one trade a week if you want.

This kid has about a 82% win record and posts all his results online.

How would I get started? I feel like most of the tips for starters I find online are heavily geared to getting you on board with whatever broker posted them. Do you even need a broker?

More advertising than informational.

>Is €10,000 even worth investing

I started with €10,000 and am now after a year at €80,000 so yes, it was worth it.

>How would I get started?

have an idea in what to invest, things you believe will have demand.
>(e.g. people will want smartphones with augmented reality in 2016/2017)

look at the companies in the market.
>(e.g. lenovo is placing a new smartphone with project tango technology implemented, is apple or samsung competing?)

learn to evaluate stocks - gurufocus webinars on youtube, intelligent investor by ben graham, sec analysis etc.
>(e.g. neither samsung nor apple have a competing product, what is the value of lenovo now, undervalued or overvalued?)

learn to estimate an entrypoint - technical analysis principles
>(e.g. lenovo is currently somewhat overvalued based on their DCF/GrahamNr. value, however with the brexit panic it is possible that it could fall and build a support near or even under it, thus this will be a good entrypoint)

before entering the position be clear with the following
- is there going to be a demand, did I research the market enough
- how long will the demand last until the market is saturated
- who and what are the competitors
- what is the scenario that will force me to exit

Research is done before buying a stock, not afterwards.

Good luck

The best sort of investment really is realty. Stocks are too volatile.

You can't invest 10k into realty, though.

No, but even taking up a loan to do it can be worth it, depending on certain factors of course.

Dad?

Yes, my son.

>Do you even need a broker?
Well there are different types of brokers. The full service ones advise you on stocks whatnot and for the service charge a lot of money.

Discount brokers just provide a platform for executing trades and are generally a lot cheaper.

What're your guys' thoughts on using that 'Acorns' app for investing?

I've had a word about investing with my bro, since he's marginally more at home in this field than I am.

He figures I'd be better off making additional mortgage payments and making sure my house is paid off sooner.

theres no reason your investment account cant double as your rainy day fund. i treat mine like a savings account simply because it has all the same functionality but with better roi

its dumb. use robinhood for beginners. heres my ref
share.robinhood.com/brettv6

A rainy day fund needs to be something you can't fuck up and lose.

im not saying put it in penny stocks you fucking mongoloid. pick a few solid etfs and some high yield dividends from giants like j&j

I bought in at 460 satoshi then sold it to these nerds at 5k satoshi

It's shitposting until you exploit it and realize the potential

OP, start trading with fake money. And put about 5% of your port into cryptos so you can see the possibilities

Don't invest all your money at once like someone with an appropriate level of risk management.