Canadians of Veeky Forums, what do you think of the weed man's father?

Canadians of Veeky Forums, what do you think of the weed man's father?

I just read his biography, and he seemed like a total alpha. It didn't really touch too much on his policies, though. Do you think Justin will measure up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzWTAorHeu0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_Meeting).
forbes.com/sites/stevekeen/2015/01/14/beware-of-politicians-bearing-household-analogies-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=tF37SoF74k4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he fucked this slut

Really? I guess his wife was just getting back at him then

youtube.com/watch?v=zzWTAorHeu0

Regardless of whether he was alpha or not he started the process of flooding the country with third worlders and gave us useless forced bilingulalism.

t.canadian
Father's a cunt(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_Meeting).

nah, I'm an American studying in Canada though, I'm surprised no one cares about their history.

>implying anyone cares about Quebec's "grievances"

they're the most spoiled province in the nation, and are impossible to please.

>another chick Trudeau boned

Canada should have rolled the flame tanks and the gas vans into Quebec a while ago.

Neoliberal coon who uses progressivism to make more money. Just like his son.

The saddest part is that the so-called ""left"" liberals are eating it up happily.

haha, remember that time the Quebecois paid literally nothing to go to school?

Except they chose alberta.

Your loath of quebec does not say anything about the father's competence. The only thing I saw in this thread so far to support him is how he fucked a few chicks. He was a piece of shit and I hope his son doesn't follow on his footsteps.

Jean Chretien was better.

> Do you think Justin will measure up?

Depends what happens in Murrica. Trudeau isn't as dumb as people may think but he may end up governing a little too much to the right than what his voters are comfortable with.

Heh, didn't know. Big up to PET, I guess.

L I B R E
I
B
R
E

Fuck both Trudeau's desu. If they were really as progressive as they claim they wouldn't try to destroy one of Canada's ethno-linguistic groups.

Louis St-Laurent was the best quebec prime minister.

>but he may end up governing a little too much to the right than what his voters are comfortable with.

Campaign front the left govern from the right has always been the liberal strategy.

>isn't as dumb
"if you fight your enemy, you lose"
he's the embodiment of facebook normies

No worries the budget will balance itself

>No worries the budget will balance itself
Balanced budgets are a meme.
forbes.com/sites/stevekeen/2015/01/14/beware-of-politicians-bearing-household-analogies-3/

Well shit did he free the weed?

>Balanced budgets are a meme.
Not when you follow Keynesian economics like they all claim to.

has the economy recovered yet? no? then why are you coming to me with all of this nonsense about balanced budgets?

Weedman's father was a literal cuck. There's a conspiracy about how Mick Jagger is Weedman's real father

Also, Pierre worse shittier than Justin. Pierre is responsible for making the mass immigration and multicult policies we still see today. Pierre is why there are no paleocon/nationalist politicians

Pierre doomed us all, his wife's son is finishing the job

As a western canadian, i hate pierre. He made taxes on farmers harsher than they already were, he imposed learning french in schools, even though there isn't a damn person around who speaks it. He was the first prime minister to put our national debt in to the hundreds of billions and he spent money of poorly managed crown companies like petro canada. He may have been the only reason quebec never separated, but at the cost of enabling them further

He was an incompetant french shit who only looked to benefit the eastern half of the country

No one is sincerely fighting ISIS except Russia.

>Also, Pierre worse shittier than Justin. Pierre is responsible for making the mass immigration and multicult policies we still see today.

Immigration increased more with Brian Mulroney than with PET.

But, hey, you need a job. Keep shilling!

Pierre
Elliot
Trudeau
Rips
Off
Canada

Or PETRO Canada, canada's most failing crown company

kek

I dunno.

Harper was way worse by virtue of signing the TPP and pandering the fuck to Quebec.

>one of Canada's ethno-linguistic groups.
that is?

>highly underrated

that is a fake quote made up by /pol/

youtube.com/watch?v=tF37SoF74k4
Were Canadians all a bunch of druggies/hippies back then? How did this literal fucking hippie get in office?

I can't imagine Nixon's reaction.

>why are there so many women in you cabinet
>Because it's 2016

Eviscerated our Military. Before him we were on par with most European countries in terms of strength.

Weedman is going to make our military virtually non-existent.

It's something he really said paraphrased to show how ridiculous it is. The meaning is intact. he used fancier words but if you boil it down what he said is just as retarded. It isn't the words you use but the meaning behind them that matters Trumps popularity shows us that.

Weed man's father is responsible for the concept of multi-culturalism in Canada and opened up the doors for immigration. Fuck him.

Why is he so perfect, Veeky Forums?

Perfect punching bag, that is

The beginning of the end.

Dr Castro, I'm Trudeaus

Except if memory serves, altering the words completely changes the meaning.

"If you drop bombs trying to kill an ISIS militant, and also blow up a hospital and a mosque, ISIS benefits more than it loses because the relatives of those in the hospital or mosque will join up giving them more soldiers than they had before and causing the population to support them more by re-enforcing the ISIS narrative of the USA as a hostile, anti-Islam force." can be distilled to "If you fight your enemies, you lose" but it loses an obscene amount of nuance in the process.

NOSE
O
S
E

Why don't they let Quebec be Independant then? Fuck the eternal anglo.

because much like Scotland, when Quebec wanted to become independent, they wanted to stay within the Canadian economy. So they'd be nothing more than a parasite, which Canada rejected. We would probably be better off financially if they left and people wouldn't care, but i ain't letting them declare independence and have to pay for their decaying shit of a province if they won't let us govern them.

He literally murdered Canada. His son is just posing for selfies with the corpse.

Things are so bad in this country that I'm leaving for overseas in a few months. Thinking about how things could have been, I can't even tell you how disappointed and betrayed I feel. I'm 30. Just in my living memory, Canadian society has declined so far, it's like that scene from Back to the Future 2 where Biff takes over. I can't watch this country decay any longer.

it sure feels great being the hiding hole for chink billionaires, their asshole kids and their flip slaves, while also being completely reliant on resource extraction because we can't be fucking bothered to diversify our economy

fuggin libs and cons

These fellows made it real easy for me to escape the EU, at least.

As a Canadian, I like him

As a western Canadian, I hope he's burning in hell.

Still he's better then that fuck Brian Mulroney.

Jew girls best girls

It's true though the moment you start "fighting" your "enemy" you decline into savage barbarism and lose the only thing that make humans superior which is morals and reason,as uncivilized as you can get.

Canadians love life.

Curious as to what you're talking about?

We like to point fingers at leftists but both liberals and conservatives lack nuance. It's just liberals have gotten a lot of power as of late.

I been fuckin with yung turd since 2013

It's more apt to say "if you kill your enemies, they win". It's fucking hyper retarded and the "man" is also totally braindead

>if you kill your enemies, they win
That's an alternative paraphrase of the same thing.

And the previous post already explains why it isn't half as retarded as it sounds: when you're making the fuckers into martyrs, as they want you to do, they are winning.

Yes, therefore we should bare our throats to the wolves and hope for the best, right?

Then if it is their wish to be martyrs it is far better to dispose of them than to have them bomb innocents to get those 72 virgins

His father did more to fuck up the country than anyone i can think of

his son is just retarded

Tfw Pierre's wife suddenly disappeared, turns out she was partying with and fucking The Rolling Stones members.

I'm not sure someone who's wife is doing that while being married and in the middle of his Prime Ministry can be considered Alpha.

It seems like she was just a trophy wife, I get the feeling he was about as loyal as she was.

"If you kill your enemies, they win. I'm not doing anything.": IS terrorists bomb innocent Syrians, making IS look bad to the relatives of those innocents by underlining the crazy things they'll do for martyrdom.
"We have to kill our enemies": USAF bombs IS terrorist, innocent Syrians are collateral making the US look bad to the relatives of those innocents and underlining the IS narrative about them being evil anti-Islam types.

Though tbqh I'd love for us to put boots on the ground in Syria so that our politicians get into another Iraq style boondoggle from which their reputations will be inextricably linked.

Doesn't excuse the fact that he can't control his wife, even if she is bipolar.

Or does it excuse the fact that she had a tryst with Ted Kennedy and the Rolling Stones.

>Canadians of Veeky Forums, what do you think of the weed man's father?

I think his foreign policies were a joke and economic policies were disastrous, but he didn't care about it that much. His premiership was motivated by Anglo-French relations, Quebec and the Constitution.

And here, he was a total fucking disaster.

>The bilingual policies were poorly implemented. Basically, it saw Canada as a uniformly bilingual nation, not an English speaking country with a French speaking country within it. So instead of unilingual work units in the Federal civil service, as the Royal Commission suggested, the civil service spends millions on French language training for English-speaking civil servants ... who consequently work almost entirely in English. Likewise, the Royal Commission suggest bilingual districts, which the Federal government made ... but they made so many were made that all urban areas in Canada were classed as "bilingual". This was fucking insane.
>The Patration of Constitution was similarly bungled. Constitution making, being creation of a fundamental law of a state, is a legislative act and should be done by legislatures or legislative-like body. The British North America Act was drafted in conferences with wide range of input from government and opposition figures. The whole Patriation of 1982, and efforts before and after, was carried by politicians in government only.
>Trudeau pére acted like an asshole and bully during those negotiations. Maybe "the Night of the Long Knives" was a great tactical victory, but came at the expense of undermining the legitimacy of the Constitution in Quebec. The Liberals defeat in 1984, Meech Lake, Charlottetown and their collapse and the 1995 referendum can be traced to his bullshit.

Welcome to French culture, mon ami.

You know how here, in the English world, we have the "nine-to-five"? As in the work day? Well in France, and Quebec, they have the le cinq à sept, or "five to seven". These are the two hours allotted, daily, for you to schmooze with cute lads and lasses, and have a quick coffee, maybe une petite baise, before rushing home to your wife, or husband.

This is just part of how the French do things. Name a Frenchman. If he's moderately handsome or successful, chances are he had at least one side girl. Albert Camus usually had two or three on the go. Even Jean-Paul Sartre managed to get girls in the sack, and that dude had all the charm and aesthetic appeal of a raw potato.

You have a very naive way of looking at the world.

ISIS are already executing Syrians like crazy, if some innocents get killed they sure as hell won't join the people that want to kill them.

Not to mention that you didn't think of Syrians being embittered that Uncle Sam did nothing as ISIS butchered whole towns

>nah, I'm an American studying in Canada though, I'm surprised no one cares about their history.
What history?

It's remarkably oversimplified on purpose.

>if some innocents get killed they sure as hell won't join the people that want to kill them.
Right, so we should start lobbing 500lb bombs at them so that they won't join us, right?

>Not to mention that you didn't think of Syrians being embittered that Uncle Sam did nothing as ISIS butchered whole towns
Syrians probably already know everything they need to know about Uncle Sam from 1949.

>diversify our economy
this meme again

If our economy was worth anything besides resource extracting the private sector would have already done it.
Cant be blamed that the worlds largest economy is directly south with much more liberal business practices.
As well as the reduction of Canadian protectionism due to NAFTA has really only shifted us towards being a resource economy.
Diversifying is a meme
Literally the next generation of "old Money".
Justin would never have even been considered as a candidate if it were not for his father. At least Pierre was an educated man.

rude

Our history is mostly about figuring out how to live in this miserable patch of the woods. But also dealing with rebellious Quebeckers, being badasses in WWI&II, and murdering Indians.

But you won't hear about it often 'cuz United Statians are obsessed with their own weird, treacherous history, and Canadians just want to live their damn lives in peace.

>Search up Pierre Teudeau on youtube
>Click on first video
>Look at comments
>See stuff like 'vive Pierre' and 'he did good for Canada by getting rid of Neo nazi's'

>Even Jean-Paul Sartre managed to get girls in the sack, and that dude had all the charm and aesthetic appeal of a raw potato.

That's only because Simone de Beauvoir used to seduce her stupid students and pass them along to him.

desu we could've had a fully sick tech industry but blackberry screwed the pooch

Since you're a fucking leaf, please tell me where the stereotype of the police Canadian came from? Working in customer service like a cuck, literally every Canadian person who's ever called that I've had to help has been a rude, dismissive asshole and if they're calling from certain places (Newfoundland) add unintelligble to that.

>Why don't they let Quebec be Independant then? Fuck the eternal anglo.
Because it would hurt all of Canada. They want the benefit of our economy without our taxes and laws, they fucking need us, and thus they need to pay our taxes and follow our laws. Want to know what would happen to Quebec if we treated them like a separate North American country, economic barriers and all? They would starve and die and suffer in poverty because they produce almost nothing of worth on their own, and Canadians would suffer a greater tax burden, it would hurt both of us.

We are super fucking lenient with them, we basically let them do whatever they want, they are incredibly selfish and spoiled and they are not under any form of oppression whatsoever. Thankfully the separatist movement is essentially dead, hopefully forever, they are finally starting to realize we need one another.

And it got worse with Harper.

Why did you guys vote for him again?

And it got worse with Harper.

Why did you guys vote for him again?

Every single independance plan involved multiple contingencies where they either made their own dollar, or adopted the USD. If anything, it's Canada that would want to keep permission to use the St. Lawrence freely.

More Canadians voted against Harper than for Harper but the vote was split between 3-4 parties. It took us 8 years to realize it

One of the worst prime ministers in our history

>They would starve and die and suffer in poverty because they produce almost nothing of worth on their own
We have the most stable economy in Canada, because we don't rely on a single industry to keep us afloat. We've got fields, food, dairy, electricity, raw ressources to spare, commerce coming in and out of the St. Lawrence, an extremely varied service industry, a lot of tourism, a lot of IT companies and video games companies, and more. Better than Ontario's hipsters and unprofitable manufactories.

Yeah but all your signs have fucking French on them, dude. If I wanted to speak a Romance language I'd go to Italy.

We need immigration, man. Our population isn't growing fast enough and our people are not skilled enough. Our government does not have the means to improve our education system and therefore our population. By bringing in a bunch of intelligent and skilled immigrants, Canada has effectively been saved from even greater mediocrity. Canada has never had a cultural identity, and all cultural identities will ultimately be destroyed anyways (if society does not regress). Canada's failure in regards to multiculturalism has been that we allowed enclaves to form.

As the generations go by, multiculturalism will essentially create a society where people don't attribute their worth to the achievements of others (i.e. being nationalistic, pride in your ethnic heritage, etc.). It will essentially force more Westerners to stop being complacent and mediocre, to rise above. By the end of this century, everyone will realize what a great idea multiculturalism ultimately was. People will clash, but then they will unify, like the colonists before them.

I mean, there's a population crisis going on, I don't think we should incite a boom, even in one of the most sparsely populated countries.

>We need immigration, man

Do keep in mind that immigration is not sustainable either, especially skilled immigration which you are talking about. It is actually far more unsustainable than Canada at the current fertility rate. Dealing with your own fertility rate is a far better long term plan, but it won't happen until immigration becomes unsustainable.

Why? Because big corporations benefit more from immigration.

>As the generations go by, multiculturalism will essentially create a society where people don't attribute their worth to the achievements of others (i.e. being nationalistic, pride in your ethnic heritage, etc.). It will essentially force more Westerners to stop being complacent and mediocre, to rise above. By the end of this century, everyone will realize what a great idea multiculturalism ultimately was. People will clash, but then they will unify, like the colonists before them.

This is literally just your own musings. Absolute multiculturalism is not possible, cultures will always start to integrate or segregate.

As for:

>create a society where people don't attribute their worth to the achievements of other

History strongly proves you wrong. If we look at for example the United States: When different demographics started losing their old identities at their own pace, they started to cling on their own American identity.

>People will clash, but then they will unify

It isn't that simple. The Israeli-Palestine crisis is reaching it's hundred anniversary with no end in sight.

You need cultural fusion, or "cultural marxism"if you will. The way things are going in North America I can see it happening. And honestly I wouldn't mind if it means everyone got a long. I think we should celebrate our similarities more than we fight over our differences. I hope Islam fades away as an inferior theology with it.

DUDE WEED LMAO.

Because everyone needs a stereotype and as a whole we're less dickish compared to everyone around us.
I know Russians, Americans, and French (not the quebecians but actual non bastardized french speaking French) who treat me better then my fellow Canadians. That, and we hate each other more then anyone else. Westerners hate the east, Ontario hates Quebec, Alberta loathes BC and all of us hate Saskatchewan.
TL;DR: we're nicer to other countries but we hate each other. Mostly Saskatchewan.

This is literally the first time I've heard anyone say they hate Saskatchewan.
Toronto is the real meme city to hate on.

>Our population isn't growing fast enough
So provide incentives towards childbirth.