on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ttikE2ZuSPY
fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=60176
youtu.be/bZ5a2JH_BVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Sausage

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Roja Parfums Enigma. The scent is extremely ReFiNeD, and without a solid grasp of HaUtE pErFuMeRy, most of the RaReSt RaW mAtErIaLs® will go over a typical peasant's head.

Jesus fuck, didn’t even have time to post >inb4 Enigma autism

Sauvage is decent but I'll never buy as long as they have a proven wife beater as the face of their marketing, disgusting

I dunno, man. That bitch gives off a real psycho vibe. Dunno that I trust anything that comes out of her mouth. (I do think Johnny Depp is a scumbag, though).

I keked at this and then signed up. The meme is real.

youtube.com/watch?v=ttikE2ZuSPY

cdg2 sample in the mail. Hope I like it.

I love this one for winter days

Is that a feminine Issey Miyake?

Didn't mean that you were literally shilling, Eau My Soul user. How long does it last on you and did you buy the 100 or the 30?

Asian customs can be an eastern Europe tier bitch, depending on the country. Hope your bottle comes through soon.

I enjoy this general's regulars very much.

My favorite CDG.

Somehow I get the idea that neither of these guys are into women. I do want a bottle of Mon Guerlain though.
Holy shit another Avatar reference, Jeremy.

Begone #metoo signaler, nobody gives a fuck

>Asking about feminine frags in Veeky Forums.

Has anyone got an opinion on Dior Poison or Hypnotic Poison?

I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but the notes SOUND good - But I have a thing for frags that have a few distinct notes rather than a jumble of accords.

My regular frags are
>Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass
Sunny fields of clover and lavender, drys down to fresh dried hay.
>Paco Rabanne Olympea
Straight salt, vanilla and jasmine.
>Paco Rabanne Black XS.
Dark chocolate, cranberry and dark lacquered wood.

I don't have any personal experience with either Poison, but I follow the same rules with feminine as I do with masculine fragrances - always be suspicious of perfumes introduced before 2010 due to reformulation. Hypnotic Poison has been reformulated several times, and it does not perform like it used to:

fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=60176

If you're still interested in Hypnotic Poison (and American), Fragrancenet appear to still have a single 30 ml bottle of the previous packaging / reformulation available as of right now.

Unrelated to the Dior discussion, I just received a tester of Lancome Oud Bouquet and it might be your kind of scent - Prailine, Oud, Rose, Vanilla, Saffron. Easily digested, ultra smooth, and very potent in its Eau de Parfum formulation ($45 on notino).

I bought the 100 ml bottle. It lasts pretty long on me, at least a good 8 hours. Decent projection, though not a monster. Dries down after a couple hours into this really nice sandalwood/incense scent with just the least bit of sweetness and florals.

I’m enjoying it. Probably was reckless to blind buy 100 mls, but’s it’s semi-limited and I just had to have it. Turned out to be a good buy.

I should say, if you’re looking for a heavy, sweet, syrupy scent, you’ll be disappointed. It’s deceptively light despite having so many traditionally heavy notes. The sweetness is rather subtle.

Incense and sandalwood have coincidentally been the themes of some recent purchases (Silver Bond and E04) so I'll definitely enjoy this as well. Thanks for the additional thoughts and the recommendation.

How similar are Mugler Pure Havana and Pure Tonka? Does owning one justify owning the other?

I have both coming in and I'm worried they're both very similar

Yeah, you’ll probably like it then. Give it a try, see what you think. I got samples of Maxed Out and Dark Heart of Old Havana, as well. Maxed Out wasn’t for me because of the cumin note, but Havana was really nice. That one is a pretty syrupy-sweet gourmand bomb. Might grab a bottle.

Pretty impressed with the house so far. Seems like she makes a lot of fun, good-quality scents.

Pure Havane smells like honey tobacco, Pure Tonka smells like cookies & cream

They are different enough to own both, but they do serve similar purposes

does anyone else not want to try a frag because of the shitty looking bottle? this looks like a middle schoolers deodorant

I hate the Mugler bottles. I bought the metal one just so I don’t have to deal with that hideous plastic shit anymore.

>Pure Havane smells like honey tobacco

Shit, have you tried Lanvin Avant Garde? How similar is it to that? It's also a huge honey tobacco fused scent.

Great cheapie by the way for anyone interested in it

>Great cheapie by the way for anyone interested in it

Nevermind. It was $20 back in 2013 now it's over $60.

It has kept me from blind buying Pure Havane to be honest.

Not him, but there are heaps of great honey tobacco fragrances out there. Avant Garde is great. My favourites are:

Lagerfeld Cologne (old version)
Chergui
Fumerie Turque
Back to Black

They all balance the act between being slightly animalistic and skanky and luxuriously smooth and rich, but not overly sweet.

My favourite honey is currently pic related, although it has no tobacco in it.

Think it's discontinued so prices are creeping up.
as far as it smelling like pure havan just in the same vein but different.

What are the best frags to attract men?

S A U V A G E
A
U
V
A
G
E

I have smelled Hypnotic Poison.

To be honest it reminded me of home made rice krispie squares. It is very sweet and probably too feminine (and this is coming from a guy that does wear women's scents). Personally I'd aim for something subtler.

In my experience - That sickening fucking grape bubblegum scent.

Strippers all wear it and men go fucking nuts for that shit. I'll never get it.

I am a very feminine female, user; That's why I was asking.
Honestly, rice krispie squares sounds pretty appealing! I'll find somewhere that stocks it locally for a test.

I got Versace Dylan Blue for Christmas and I love it. Smells woody but with notes reminiscent of water. Maybe I'm being fooled by the bottle but the smell reminds me of fountains for some reason. It rules.

In that case go to town! You'll probably enjoy it a lot, it's been a staple scent for ages now. I believe there is another version of it in a purple bottle? I recall enjoying that one a little more (it's a little more nighttime but retains the sweetness)

Jeremy's glutes leave me disappointed desu

t. enigmaposter

Just received this cheapie. Not worth even $25, its just rubbing alcohol with a hint of rose. Really enjoyed black aoud and reflection man testers however.

Also r8 my meme collection

What's the ingredient in all of Roja's frags that make them smell like piss

Depends. Are you a guy too? Sauvage.

Are you a grill? I'd see myself attracted to someone wearing something like Absolue Pour le Soir, vintage Opium, Musvlc Tonkin.

Meme/10 except possibly that SL bottle but I can't tell what that is.

Glad you enjoyed, don't get me wrong some of his brand's scents are good but I just like taking the piss out of some of the cult like worshippers on social media.

>Asian customs can be an eastern Europe tier bitch, depending on the country. Hope your bottle comes through soon.
I've bought from FragranceX and luckyscent, both arrive in four days and a little bit over a week respectively.

If mine does not arrive by Feb I think I'll need to shoot them an email.

Any dutchies here bought something from Parfums Vintage? Mine arrived today at the postoffice but they wanted me to pay another 22 euros for clearance and I'm not paying 40 euros total for 3 samples.

i get more hay than tobacco on chergui. still enjoyable

Good stuff but not that versatile for a signature scent

Is Jeremy /your/ guy? I watched some of his video, he's really passionate and kinda slightly autistic in a way.
Funny really.

>slightly autistic in a way
Is this why he's so cringy most of the time?

I like some of the girls though.

Some of his gestures/body language is kind of awkward but I don't know if he does it ironically. Doesn't matter though, he's so attractive that girl's wont give a fuck even if it is unintentional.

wish he wouldn't make so many useless videos

>passionate

Bruh if Jerememe is passionate then a lot of other fragheads are high priests.

He's a perfumepleb, hardly passionate, too soft on perfumes that every one of them seems like he's being paid to shill them.

>holds hands together in front of face
>claps, spins
hey guys it's jeremy, i'm really spiritual
>cries
I only wear black
don't mix garlic and nutella, peace
>queue somber Tibetan singing bowl

Ok so I'm dipping my toes in this fragrance thing and tried out some colognes at the mall. My faves were these three.

>Versace Dylan
>Versace Eros
>Paco Rabanne Invictus

Which is the best to use for daily wear?

holy shit

Dylan blue, eros too strong, invictus not sure I think this one is also too loud, fragrance community hates this but likes invictus aqua so maybe check that one too.

Just receive a gift from mom's friend,
Is this Calvin Klein 'eternity moment' is lit?

I live in a place where I may have only smelled frags on other guys about a dozen times living in this area all my life.
On that note, would ADG Profumo be a good "unique" signature scent year round?

That’s a lot of black and gold. Persian/10.

"Acqua di Gio killed my dog when I was 7 years old" / 10

I disagree on Eros. If you go light on the trigger, I think it’s fine for daily wear.

Send deck or anoos

LIZ CLAIBORNE CURVE IS FANTASTIC

>:O JINX U BITCH

Have any of you wonderful people had any luck asking Parfum d'Empire for samples directly?
Hermes, Lutens and Creed were all more than happy to send me samples after I politely inquired about them for what it's worth.

I'm a fragrance amateur, I've only ever used what my barbershop sold (Taylor of Old Bond Street currently) and I just got cdn intense and it smells great. it may be a meme, but it seems to be a good gateway frag. thanks for the rec everyone.

I wish i asked this girl on the bus what she was wearing one day because it was intoxicating and what inspired me to find a fragrance of my own.
I should have asked that girl out.

I can tell you what I dont like, and its super sweet, cheap scents. I dont think I've ever liked anything from Victorias Secret, where 90% of young women get their perfume.

Agreed on that, most of the time I'm disgusted by the perfume women wear because its cheap, overly sweet and synthetic shite.

Love me some Vera Wang for men. Anyone here have it?

my mommie loves rosemary & mint scented soaps, can anyone recommend a good perfume that doesn't smell like a powdery grandma?

What are some good vanilla fragrances? I want to smell delicious.

Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Angelique Noire, Cuir Beluga

Thank you, friend.

Dylan Blue is easily your safest bet

Un Lys is nice if you like smelling like flowers too

Shalimar. It's your grandma in leather ;^)

This is amazing. I got a 500 ml bottle for 15€.

Whats the best chypre

Highly seconded. A cheaper alternative to the last, while not so well blended and smooth, is Reminiscence Vanille.

Chypre Palatin
Goddamn I should've bought a larger decant before they reformulated last year

I'm getting this slightly ambery scent from only my left wrist, haven't worn a frag at all today... Is that just my natural smell and I've only just noticed it?

Who ya got?

I was given Platinum Egoist as my first perfume ever by an aunt. I really like it still, even though it lasts no time at all. It has the same dna as Chanel Eau de Cologne in that right off the bat, it smells pleasant and inoffensive, but it dries down to a velvety smooth texture that envelopes your skin luxuriously.

I admire Egoist for its history (and the legendary ad) but it's very pungent, gets to my throat and makes me nauseous very quickly. Certainly is a unique gattaca, but I have no idea why it does this.

Awesome Egoiste ad:
youtu.be/bZ5a2JH_BVE

this and the sequel are the best fragrance ads of all time

Going out with some friends for drinks. Should I use VPH or Eros

Eros. Need dat projection so the qt waitress will get wet.

Update on this, I mailed PV they basically told me something like 'we've never seen that before, tough luck deal with it'. I feel like I should refund paypal then pay the clearance or something like that.

Dope

Hows Invictus intense?

That's definitely shitty. Can you contact anybody at the post office to appeal the fees? The amount seems very unreasonable, but then I'm not familiar with European tax systems.

Leather chypres are so subjective
I'll go Antaeus

at the very least get your money back because the post will just send it back to them if you don't pick it up

How's your month shaping up, friends?

Do you live in Australia or some shit

His plebiness is exactly what separates him from other fragheads/reviewers and precisely why he’s so popular besides being good looking. He gives young attractive guys very solid advice about what young attractive girls think smells good and sexually attractive as opposed to some fraghead “connoisseur” who will recommend some super nishe oud bullshit that fragheads think is amazing but normal people in the real world think smells like ass.

I agree. His main point is be attractive and smell nice to other people (mainly young women), not be different to average male by smelling uncomfortably peculiar or 40 years dated.

His tastes fucking suck though, Sauvage and La nuit, really? Even if others think it smells good I would fucking hate myself walking around wearing these

Any more advice for this one?

Fair enough, but if you're watching him you better be a pre-teen girl

Been rotating between Sauvage, Eros and Spicebomb for the entire month.

But I am very shitty if it means burning myself for some stranger or company. Anyways I looked it up apparently items under 22 euros dont need any payment so I can probably appeal the fees. Else if they actually send it back and not discard it or something I can do .

It sucks that we would still have to follow IFRA post Brexit :^( feelsbadman

what part of he wears s what women like don't you get? And those are hardly bad scents. Memes aside, they might not be the best frags but they are perfectly serviceable. Especially la nuit, which was unique when it came out, there still is not that meany cardamon heavy frags.