AHHHHHHHHHHHH

What the FUCK do I wear for 'smart casual' at a engagement party? Its at a bar.

Either I wear my suit minus a tie, or I wear standard t shirt and jeans outfit. I don't have anything in between like a casual button-up shirt that looks good with jeans. I don't have khakis either. Its summer here btw. Is a t shirt too informal?

Button up tucked into slacks or some other cloth pant, what are ya, simple?

I will probably end up looking like this if I wear my dress shirts with my jeans. It looks fucking gay. Its a white business shirt.

Don't ever dress down if you don't have to. Wear a nice suit and make everyone else feel like shit for being underdressed peasants.

White suit shirt, suit pants, dress shoes

Unbutton the suit shirt, no tie, no jacket

Who cares though, it is going to be over soon anyways and no one will remember what you wear

Pullover hoodie from your shitty community college
Phone
It
In

Get some khakis, a button down shirt, and some slip on shoes (loafers, monk straps, etc.)

>Black dress shirt from h&m or similar stor
>black jeans
>black dress shoes
If people ask you if you just went to a funeral say "yes my sense of style just recently passed away".

le reddit outfit

Casual button up shirts are the biggest men's section at any thrift store. Just go buy one for $5 and pair it with a clean pair of jeans

You mean button down, right?

Underrated

Try googling "smart casual"

guide

find some money

invest in some versatile items and go for the best quality you can afford (suitsupply is a good place to start if that's still too expensive if just start searching thrift shops desu)

buy some smart casual shit there is plenty of inspiration on ss website

ie button down /cotton polo
linen trousers/chino (considering it's summer) finish of with a soft shouldered jacket of your choosing and a well considered pocket square to make up for that lack of colour if you chose to miss the tie. regarding shoes loafers are the most obvious choice considering it is both smart casual and summer.

just pls

don't wear your suit jacket/trousers separately unless they are specifically intended to be worn as such suit fabric is genraly made of worsted wool which gives it such a sharp appearance and thus it can't work casually/as a separate

don't do as so many here say and wear a suit without a tie you will end up with a very bland and unbalanced look

one of the better examples is above

hope this helps

guide

find some money

invest in some versatile items and go for the best quality you can afford (suitsupply is a good place to start if that's still too expensive if just start searching thrift shops)

buy some smart casual shit there is plenty of inspiration on ss website

ie button down /cotton polo
linen trousers/chino (considering it's summer) finish of with a soft shouldered jacket of your choosing and a well considered pocket square to make up for that lack of colour if you chose to miss the tie. regarding shoes loafers are the most obvious choice considering it is both smart casual and summer.

just pls

don't wear your suit jacket/trousers separately unless they are specifically intended to be worn as such suit fabric is genraly made of worsted wool which gives it such a sharp appearance and thus it can't work casually/as a separate

don't do as so many here say and wear a suit without a tie you will end up with a very bland and unbalanced look

here is one of the better examples

hope this helps

>He wears button down instead of button up
kek

I don't give a shit if it's summer, dress pants + turtleneck knit wins smart casual every time.

>find some money
stuck at this step

I know you said it's summer in your hemisphere, OP, but I couldn't resist suggesting pic related. I get random compliments EVERY SINGLE TIME I wear this, honest. A heavyweight fisherman's sweater might not work in your weather right now, but maybe someone else is in your conundrum in a different climate. Anyway, worn over a chambray with a beautiful bright blue collar looks great.

For you though at this time of year though, have you considered some vintage pleated high-waisted chinos with a nice tucked-in button down?

Kek'd

If it's literally only those options then go for the suit minus tie and own it. But seriously nigger what the fuck are you doing not having a single casual button up or khakis those are the most basic of basics

get a job ?

Wear a polo shirt with no numbers/ small logos and jeans, preferably black

filename: Balenciaga SS18