Veeky Forums on the right

>Veeky Forums on the right

sad!

Honestly no, Veeky Forums is a 16-20 year old emo kid in all black

this might be true where you're from but its really not in london

>non conformist
>spooked Suit with "prestige"

I know it's bait but still, lol.

Also what does the guy on the left wear when he's not at work?

He's probably just reduced to his shirt and trousers, or a more casual equivalent, such as casual button shirts and polos, as well as khaki and denim trousers. The shoes could be anything, outside of work.

>conformity
>nonconformity
as if either of these matter when it comes to style/fashion.
Does it look good/respectable? Does it represent you how you wish it to?
That's about it. Stop dressing like faggots. I haven't been on this board for a year or two, but I know you're all still dressing like some species of queerosexual.

>''''good''''/''''respectable'''''
>stop dressing a certain way

Sure is spooky in here.

You can dress however you like, but you're probably going to look like a faggot. Either because you look gay or because you look like an idiot with an over inflated ego attempting to pull of a fanny pack with socks and sandals or some shit.
If you just want to look fashionable and good, stick with the classic looks.

Literally all that matters is if you personally like what you're wearing and/or think it is a good reflection of yourself.

I know this is bait, but the guy on the right is a very spot on description of a complete faggot that i know.

If it doesn't matter what you wear then why are you on a fashion board?
Wear whatever you like, and you might even be able to pull it off. But you won't look as good as you could, and depending on how much of a madman you are, probably not that respectable either.

>Stop dressing like faggots
>species of queerosexual

Repressed homosexual: the post.

Maybe you should try working on yourself and accept your sexuality.

I don't know where faggot OP went but I'm not baiting. I genuinely am arguing that the only fashion that matters is this tradwear. These styles and clothes have been associated with taste, wealth and culture for over 100 years. If it's not following the same tradition, it might as well be an evolutionary dead end.

If it doesn't matter what you wear then why are you on a fashion board?

Having your own style is the most Veeky Forums thing you can do and maybe you want to share it with others.

>If it doesn't matter what you wear then why are you on a fashion board?

That is not what I said, stop putting words in my mouth.

What I said is, what matters is that you wear what you want to wear. So it DOES matter what you wear.

>"taste"

Spooky as fuck.

How is this not conformist.

Depends on your particular brand of style. Ego however is not fashionable or tasteful. Is it taste, which is your particular out of the larger general of culture, that you are satisfying, or your own lust for notoriety?
>What I said is, what matters is that you wear what you want to wear. So it DOES matter what you wear.
How often do people wear clothes they don't want to wear?
>conformist
What does this matter? You're a member of society, and are a social creature from birth. What immutable law declares you must walk backwards for the novelty of it?

The pics you posted so far are cosplay.

They disregard the time we live in and pretend that we still are in 1950, you autistic fedora wearing homo.

They're timeless. That's the whole point. There's substance behind these styles that's not just egoism and foppery.
Here's an example "more with the times."

No, they are dated.

1940 Triumph roadster (or whatever this car is ) are dated, newsboys caps and the other hats you posted are dated.

Only the suits are timeless, but you are not supposed to wear these if you don't have the right office job. And even back in the days, not everybody used to wear them, stop watching Madmen.

As for long coats, they are coming back these days even for young men, and this is thanks to fashion and trends.

I don't watch Madmen.
They're certainly trending again, but they were never out of style. If you dressed like this just as a matter of course you'd have been ahead of the trend yesteryear.
>Only the suits are timeless, but you are not supposed to wear these if you don't have the right office job.
They're merely examples and ideals. But of course every man should have the occasional suit or two. And of course it's not true that you have to have an office job to warrant a suit.

>it's not true that you have to have an office job to warrant a suit

You disregard the context, this is why you sound autistic.

Your ideal never existed. People wear the right clothes for the right context.

You wear a suit for the office, for important meetings, for special events and evening.

You don't wear a suit when you're a student or when you are at the bottom of the corporate ladder.

People who have actually worked once in their life know that you should never dress better than you manager.

“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.”
I always dress better than my manager. If you don't want to always be a bottom feeder you should know you dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
Here, this is more workwear-y, but I think you get the idea. It's simply dressing respectably.

That's just americana.

>taxpayer

>Paying taxes contributes to society

the japanese are killing it right now

>What does this matter? You're a member of society, and are a social creature from birth. What immutable law declares you must walk backwards for the novelty of it?

Then why did you post the OP picture hurr durring about a Suit being "non-conformist". Fucksake. And no one said it's just "for the novelty" what a massive assumption.

>How often do people wear clothes they don't want to wear?

All the time. Especially when they're spooked into the incantatory notions you're pedaling.

>There's substance behind these styles that's not just egoism and foppery.

Explain this "substance". Genuinely curious.

Underated idk how these kids own so much fucking black clothing they must shop at hop topic but i camt say much im not actually Veeky Forums i wear my kaki work pants all the time i just come here for the luls

Fixed your image OP

*tips*

yup!

You're doing god's work user

Masquerading a literal uniform as the forefront of non-conformity. Is english not your primary language or do you just enjoy being up your own ass so much that you think that others should join you?

taxation is theft

>Then why did you post the OP picture hurr durring about a Suit being "non-conformist". Fucksake. And no one said it's just "for the novelty" what a massive assumption
That those terms aren't conducive-- they divide where there should be no division. Only fools follow fashion trends, which are novelty. Those who chase these things don't know better, if they did they wouldn't chase vapid trends, and wouldn't divide fashion in those who "conform" i.e. fit into larger society and look good, vs. those who transgress for the sake of transgression, or "self-expression."
>All the time. Especially when they're spooked into the incantatory notions you're pedaling.
Anyone with such low self-consciousness and poor self-image should dress the way I advocate. They certainly don't need to be taking risks for the sake of self-expression. What's there to express? Creativity prospers most under conditions, framework. Make them amenable to this style and then let them learn to self-express themselves from the clothes of their society. In this manner they will look the best. I believe it's hard to argue any modern streetwear can stack up to these clothes with so much history behind them. The suit for instance, carries with it connotations from generations that streetwear can only palely imitate.
>Explain this "substance". Genuinely curious.
History. There's an evolution to the dress shirt, the suit, the jacket, even the turtleneck sweater. They are distinctly Western and Eurocentric, and it's only fitting the tradition is carried on by the West. This is now a politicized belief but I would have argued the same 4 or 6 years ago all the same. There must be a continuity. I look at modern fashion the same way I look at modern art and architecture-- post-modern rubbish.

Plenty of haute couture plays with this continuity I mention, and it's the best high fashion I will agree. Not because the pieces are better than all others, but because there is an ideology underlying these clothes that has been developed over centuries.
There's plenty of room for self-expression and innovation in menswear, in traditional clothing. It, like our language we speak now, is a living thing, just as our architecture was once a living thing, evolving along principles.

They both look like fucking yuppies.

>taxpayer
Congratulations. You get fucked in the ass by the government and you do it with a smile like a good goy.

>thin lapels
>skinny trousers
>no break
>triangle of shirt showing
>shoulders clearly too wide and overly padded
>shirt collar points too short
>wearing a thin black tie literally ever
whoever is on the left is may not be a conformist but he is certainly a fucking peasant

>Only fools follow fashion trends, which are novelty
you do realise the suits you idolise so much are constantly shaped by trends too, right? And that LARPing as a 1950s aristocrat is one of them?

Of course, trends are only natural.
Now on larping, it's more natural to dress in the way your father (hopefully) and grandfather and great grandfather did than to dress like some trendy hipster faggot.

reviewbrah is that u

Behold! Fashion!
I might look like a fool, but at least I'm not conforming with conformity!
I'd post an image of a chuuni teenager if I had one.

hah, so true. especially in london.

Nah. Reviewbrah likes his shoulders padded to give a masculine shape.

>shoulders clearly too wide and overly padded
Rather they aren't wide and padded enough actually.

Both of these people look horrible.

>They are distinctly Western and Eurocentric, and it's only fitting the tradition is carried on by the West.

Figures he’s a redpill faggot. Go get some friends, dude.

You can pull the left of when not looking like a autistic fagg or Amerifat otherwise yeah ... agreed

>This is now a politicized belief but I would have argued the same 4 or 6 years ago all the same. There must be a continuity.
It's not about the politics but the integrity of the art, and the people who wear it.
What successful or respectable person goes about dressed like this? Could you ever imagine a president being dress like pic related? How can you explain dressing like this to your children in the future when all the respectable and important people are still wearing suits &etc.?

If this is how you want to dress, more power to you, but I certainly won't be taking you seriously, and most people won't. If you wish to dress as a joke, then it's good for us as a lark.

>be either boring or cringey
I think what's important is having taste that is both /good/ and true to yourself

Shhhh timeless western civilization le classy gentleman success

pretty much this, when you get older you realize how childish trends are

>Quentin bait image causing this much commotion
Y I K E S

Ah, tip of the hat fellow meninist. Swag is temporary, class is forever.

Both wrong.

Meh, if you go to Canary Wharf or the City, you'll meet a lot of guys in suits who are often pretty successful, pretty driven, pretty independently thinking.

Go into any coffee shop and you'll find the same guy on the right pouring coffee, being vaguely left wing and vegan, and generally being quite sheep like.

There's definitely some truth to OP in London.

get a good look at these triggered incels lamo

The fit in the particular picture you replied to can be easily worn today by anyone who is conventionally attractive and not a child. Minus the ties bar, and the bag, which I agree, doesn't serve a purpose in the modern world, and would look way out of place.

Conformity in fashion is a stupid concept. Whether you go for the right or left style you will still be a conformist. Just wear what you want to wear but look good doing it.

both of them are conformists, go back to facebook