Going to NYC in a month as an eurofag and I need recommendations on thrift/vintage stores where you could cop staple...

Going to NYC in a month as an eurofag and I need recommendations on thrift/vintage stores where you could cop staple pieces like pic related. Also people can give tips on other stores and places to go

>thrift/vintage
Thrifting in big cities is retarded, everything is overpriced.

pic related would make a cool-ass lifelong souvenir. go to the original shop and have them fit ya for for jacket to a fuckin' T.

for future reference even though eurofag starts with an "e" and is a vowel, the correct way of writing that statement would be "as a eurofag." English is weird.

You absolutely have to visit the Off-White store when in NYC. Actually it's not even a story, Virgil Abloh prefers the term "EM PTY Gallery". It's incredible and I can assure you, you never saw something like it before.

53 Mercer St is the address.

Also, Bape, Supreme and Kith are all like 2 minutes away from it, so that's nice as well.

>staple piece
>jacket 99.99% of men will not pull off

At this point you guys just deserve your cringing regret.

Thanks senpai
I like Virgil as a designer but I despise the Off-White crowd/fanbase. Store looks cool so maybe I’ll visit. I had Bape in mind so that’s a plus. I’m not sure about Supreme. Seeing the store might be enough since I’m kinda done with the brand. My one Supreme 5 panel is enough for me. Plus I hate queuing.

You don't even know what OP looks like, or what kind of person he or she is, you dumb-ass know-it-all piece of shit.

What about Red Cross or Salvation Army type of places that run on donations? They don’t have them in NYC?

I know that 99.99% of people won't make it work and I have seen Veeky Forums meet-up pics.
There are leather jacket threads every day now. It is possible OP could make it work, that's why I didn't say 100%, but if you bet money on every guy posting these threads to look like a tool you would be a winner overall.

Thats 118 right? I have same jacket and its really well made as far as i can tell. Got it under half original price so it was easy pick.

Just make sure to beat the shit out of it so it breaks in faster. Every new shiny leather jacket looks and feels shit but after use its just get bettet and better.

I went yesterday and even though I'm not a fan Virgil, I really enjoyed the store. Its a very peaceful.

Go to Tokio 7, Round 2, Dover Street Market NY, OFF-WHITE, palace, L Train vintage, opening ceremony idk if im missing anything but those are my favorite stores in SoHo/Chinatown

Search and destroy on St. Marks is perf for that stuff. A little pricey but quality gear

you're retarded if you think this

the reason for this is because whether or not you use 'a' or 'an' is not based on whether the word actually starts with a vowel or consonant, its based on whether the word sounds like it starts with a vowel or consonant.

'euro' is pronounced 'yuro' therefore you would say "a eurofag"

'hour' is pronounced 'ow-er' therefore you would say "an hour"

OP here. Yesss I want more recommendations keep em comin’

Don't expect too much.
You'll be sad.

honestly always had great luck at the goodwill on 8th street, copped some Saturdays and vintage polo there dirt cheap

some insider knowledge here: many of the vintage stores and boutiques in the city get all of their stock from clothing warehouses and thrift stores in NJ. Ive seen places in brooklyn where the entire store was resold NJ thrift cops that have been marked up 500%

if you got the time and a car hit up UDELCO in Hawthorne, its where vintage stores make their cops

why is every relevant fashion store in NYC located in soho?

tokio7 it's secondhand designer goods

dont go to supreme or bape, the queuing is so gay

Bullshit. Total fucking bullshit. That "99.99%" thing is just some meme "truism" which is completely untrue. If the jacket fits killer it'll look killer, obviously within reason. The Schott store staff can fit and tailor those for a person really, REALLY well. Pic related is just some average looking dudes wearing 'em. If OP is tall and thin he or she can mutate the whole S.L.P. thing to their own personal taste. I'm tall and thin and those jackets certainly look good on me, and I'm nothin' special. So if OP chose that particular photo for the first picture of the thread, that might say something. Those Perfecto jackets are fucking TIMELESS; they've been effay since at least the 1920s.

So, OP, I say fuck these negative know-nothing naysayers and be brave enough to just do what you want to do and be who want to be. If you have the dough for one and you dig 'em, they'll make sure it fits you absolutely perfectly before you buy it.

Because it's the fashion district you dummy

>99.99% of men will not pull off
maybe you're just fat

God, New York City is so incredible, I envy you if you live there.

Spent a week there once and it's the highlight of my life.

Rags a go go - on 8th and 14th
Good western pieces

Beacons closet - on 13th and 5th
You could go to any in the city or in bk, but I like this one the best. Try going on a weekday before 5pm. Gets crowded

Metropolis - on 10th and 3rd
Really good for jackets. They have a basement floor with really good stand out pieces. Must visit for anyone

Search & destroy - on st.marks between 2nd and 3rd
A little tight space wise, and crazy decorations. Super interesting pieces along with standard vintage stuff

Those are the ones I frequent in Manhattan. For BK it’s a different

These two posts are great.