Skin care thread

>post your routine
>do you use bio products?

My skin is perfect.
I only use biological products, such as cum.
CUM ALL OVER MY FACE
U
M

A
L
L

O
V
E
R

M
Y

F
A
C
E

post pics, fag

cerave foaming cleanser
then micellar water
then cerave PM moisturizing lotion

I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t have skin this bad. But we do. It's like in the great skincare routines, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of inflammation and comedones they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be clear? How could the skin go back to the way it was when so much acne had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this blemish. Even redness must pass. A new skin turnover will come. And when the skin sheens it will sheen out the clearer. Those were the routines that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too dumb to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those routines had lots of chances of ceasing their exfoliator use, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.

>What are we holding on to Sam?

That there's some good skin in this world, Mr Frodo. And it's worth purging for.

what do I do about big pores (if thats what they are), I have pretty flawless skin other than an abundance of them which look a bit like blackheads up close

What can I do to get rid of dark circles under eyes and my red rosy cheeks?

My routine is:

>D E R C U T A N E

Just that. Go to the fucking Dermatologist and please ask him for a recipe. Since I take it ny skin have never been so soft and acne free. The first weeks are fucked up, but after that the skin smooths itself. I have never had a skin in so good condition.

>inb4 le bateman morning routine copypasta

if the dark circles are caused by genetics, i.e u've had them since child / not caused by lack of sleep, the only thing u can do is makeup.

who the fuck is that.

Sharing my routine bc my skin is looking better than ever with my newest routine. I get pretty dry skin in the winter but otherwise it's normal.

>Wash face with Just The Goods face wash
>Scrub with Konjac Sponge every few days to get rid of dead skin, Clarisonic once a week if needed
>Tone with Thayer's Witch Hazel Rosewater toner
>Apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA
>Apply Paula's Choice 10% AHA every other night at most
>Apply TruSkin Vitamin C serum
>Moisturize with The Body Shop Oils of Life
>At night, finish with gently patting Paula's Choice 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment on acne scars and blemishes if I have them

On my ~spa days~, aka once a week, I do a super deep clean.

>Wash face with HOT water, splashing self for a few minutes. Or steam face
>quickly apply Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
>Wait for it to completely dry, do not talk or drink or anything during this time
>PEEL it off in pieces. Very time-consuming but I feel like it pulls more shit out of my pores if I do it this way instead of rinsing off. Also it's not good to wash down the sink so use a wet towel to get the last bits off
>Tone, BHA, Vitamin C serum
>TonyMoly face mask until it dries out

I've always had acne issues, hence mentioning the scars I got from cystic acne some years ago, but since doing this my skin is glowing. I would like to switch to some other kind of face mask besides Tony Moly though because Asian products are never cruelty free so I feel pretty bad using them.

hows my routine?
cerave foaming cleanser
clinique exfoliating scrub
dior toning lotion
dior one essential super serum
dior eye serum
dior capture totale dreamskin advanced

AM
>Dermalogica essential cleansing solution
>Dermalogica multi active toner
>Pure + Simple hydration serum (not sure how much I like this, but I've been using it for about 6 months now, suggested by the woman who does my facials)
>The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid + B5 2%
>Dermalogica intensive eye repair
>The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA or Dermalogica barrier repair if it's windy outside
>La Roche Posay Anthelios dry touch gel cream sunscreen

PM
>Dermalogica precleanse (considering changing to a micellar water to remove makeup)
>Avène mattifying foam cleanser
>Dermalogica multi active toner
>The Ordinary HA + B5 2%
>The Ordinary Buffet
>Dermalogica intensive eye repair
>The Ordinary Plant-derived squalane
>Dermalogica intensive moisture balance moisturizer
>Clarins lip oil

Exfoliate 2x a week with dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant

If I ever need to spot treat, I use The Ordinary SA 2%

your skin looks fine. I'd be more concerned about that haircut

How do I remove dark spots on my cheeks, they're from acne it's since cleared but thw dark spots are fucking killing me, i'll buy any product you shill me, help Veeky Forums

AM
>Water
>Some lotion
>Sunscreen

PM
>Bronners tea tree oil
>Lactic acid (every other day)
>Curology cream shit
>Lotion (when using lactic)

Katya Lischina

How do you find the squalane? I've got reasonably oily skin so I don't moisturize in the morning but I'm considering using squalane at night.

>blocks ur path

Is Cerave any good ? Dont want to order shit

I have a soft comedone on my cheek near my nose that's been there well over a year. I can squeeze out a string of pus and empty it, but it keeps refilling. What do? AHA and BP don't seem to do anything

I have really dry skin, and I find the squalane does a good job overnight and my skin is really glowy in the morning. I just started using it a few weeks ago though so not sure what the long term effects are

There is pretty much no risk in ordering a tub of Cerave. You probably won't have a bad reaction to it. Your skin will stay moisturised and it'll last a long time.

Get a facial or see a derm. Squeezing it will just risk leaving a scar

You don't need to exfoliate every day

Doesn't peeling the clay off hurt like crazy?

I spent literally over 10 minutes saturday brushing away dandruff with a boar bristle brush and it just kept coming. How the fuck is this possible? Do I have dandruff all the way down into my skull?

Use a lime 'mask' instead of scrubbing. Just keep the lime juice on for however long (I did it usually 40 minutes to an hour.) And wash it out. This helped me. But also making sure to add some extra fat when you eat tofu or other low fats proteins, so your body has enough oils to moisturize everything.

teach me how to get rid of or at least alleviate my rosacea.
my doxycycline treatment is nearly up, and it's done very little.

y'all know any good sunscreen for darkskin without non-fatty alcohols and any extracts?

How do I build a good skincare routine? I just started looking into Aesop products and I enjoy the cleanser but I don't know where to go from there.

What's a simple routine to build off of, for AM and PM and what is the order and frequency to use for products like toner, under eye creams, etc. Any tips are most welcome.

Aesop is really expensive. You don't need anything that expensive.

What you need is:
Cleanser
[Toner]
[Anti-aging serum]
[spot treatment]
[eye cream]
Moisturizer
[sunscreen]
Exfoliant (chemical is better than physical)

everything in square brackets is optional

have you tried the glossier sunscreen

Thanks for your response.

Yeah I don't think I will buy that much more from them, but their products feel great on my skin and I've been enjoying what little I have.

I also have some Baxter stuff, but again it can be pricey.

My big question is regarding exfoliant. What stuff should I look out for? I take it that exfoliant is a 2-3 times a week procedure? Any recommendations?

Does wearing sunscreen mess with your vitamin D intake from sunlight?

How do I get rid of escabiosis?
Help me, I'm desperate.

If you wear it regularly and reapply it often, it will block out all the UVB rays and mess with your vitamin D levels. I do take vitamin D supplements in the winter since the rest of my body is covered up.

Daily reminder that good skin is healthy skin - and to get healthy skin you only need to CLEANSE and MOISTURIZE - nothing more.

Two conditions plague skincare routine
the first is using too many products
the second is messing with your skin too often

If you're using a large intricate routine but staying off it for 2 days means your skin is going back to shit - then no, you don't have good skin nor a good routine.

Cut all your shit out, get a clean nice cleanser, get a neutral, quick soaking moisturizer - learn your skin by figuring out how often you need to cleanse - and most importantly remember that your skin needs to heal and grow, abusing it constantly means it doesn't get a chance to.

Guys I have mild rosacea. Are there lotions that will reduce the red around my cheeks? 24/M/oily skin.

this is exactly the content i look for when browsing Veeky Forums

get a good haircut and youll look fine. your face is not the problem

If a product says it "hidrates" is it the same as moisturizing?

Why is chemical exfoliant better though?

Been using pic related for a couple months now and I'm lovin it. Would it be a good idea to move up to the 10% from the 5? Or is not how this works?

You have a really masculine facial structure but the hair throws it off a little. Try getting it done or just shaving it. I think you'd look good bald desu

Chemical exfoliants can do a wider variety of things and they're more consistent. Don't have to worry about scrubbing too hard once you find your right concentration % on a chem.

Cut the sides shorter and style your hair up. Your haircut right now does not suit your face shape.

Chemical exfoliants remove the outermost layer of already dead skin. Physical exfoliants work by literally tearing off your skin, usually well into fresh, living tissue and potentially causing infections with the tiny scratches they make.

go to reddit for skincare Veeky Forums is like years behind when it comes to skin care stuff

Well it seems like the consensus I need a new haircut, could you guys provide some pictures that I can show my hairdresser.

Also I was thinking about tanning in one of those UV stand up tan and I heard you should apply “tanning lotion”. What is a good tanning lotion?

Thanks for all the help anons and suggestions so far.

Doesn't hurt at all unless you get it on any baby hairs. If you accidentally get it into hair just use water or gently break it up so you don't pull hair out.
It does leave your face pretty red for about 15 minutes, but it doesn't hurt.

I tried a black peel off one and it basically depilated peach full of my whole face, never again

It's not a peel mask - I've never tried those actually. The Aztec Secret stuff comes in a powder and you mix it with water or apple cider vinegar. I mix it with water and only a bit of ACV just to make it easier to spread. Then you knead it for a little so it becomes a mush and you spread it on your face. I really recommend it, it has great reviews on amazon as well. If you don't wear a face mask like Tony Moly after, just use a generous amount of moisturizer since it is drying.

Benyzol Peroxide 10% for oily skin and Aztec clay mask occasionally

Sebaceous filaments? BHA exfoliants are supposed to help

am
>ren cleansing gel
>whatever toner i have lying around
>the ordinary 2% salicylic acid a few times a week
>ren anti-redness serum
>mecca sunscreen if i'm going out

pm
>ren cleansing gel or a cleansing oil if i've been wearing sunscreen
>toner
>diy ascorbic acid serum
>ren anti-redness serum
>the ordinary 100% squalane

i might also use micellar water and a rosewater face mist throughout the day. i use sheet masks now and then. anything missing?

I got kind of sunburnt like two years ago and the redness hasn't faded from my face since then

anything I can do about this?

I have dry and sensitive skin...
My morning routine step by step :
>facial wash : the body shop vit. E (pic related)
>hydrating toner : tbs vit. E (pic related)
>serum : vitamin c from local organic product
>eye cream : tbs vit. C
>moisturizer : tbs vit. E (pic related)
>sunscreen : biore watery essence spf 50+ pa++++

Night routine :
>1st cleanser : garnier micellar water
>2nd cleanser : same as facial wash + clarisonic brush
>hydrating toner : same as morning
>serum : same as morning
>eye cream : same as morning
>moisturizer : same as morning except, it night cream version

Weekly routine
>exfoliate : tbs drops of youth peeling gel (2x/week)
>mask : any korean brand sheet mask (2-3x/week)
>sleeping pack : laneige water sleeping pack (2-3x/week)

does wanking ruin anyone elses skin? every time I abstain for a while I find my skin looks way better

What does a serum do exactly?

not many differences between my day and night routine, besides using different moisturizers and serums
>cleanse with Formula 10.0.6 Foaming Cleanser
>tone with The Body Shop Vitamin E toner
>The Ordinary Buffet (day)/Buffet + Azelaic Acid Suspension (night)
>Anatomicals SPF 15 moisturizer (day)/Yves Rocher Pure Calendula moisturizing cream (night)
just purchased 50ml of Louis Widmer SPF 30 hydrating emulsion, pretty excited to use it

The one i use is extra hydrating, even out skin tone, rejuvenate skin, nourishment, also it helps heal my acne scar. Actually serum's benefit is depend what kind serum you use it and whats your problem on your skin

For a long time, my skin has been zit-free but very bumpy. I had a lot of very tiny bumps that never came to a head. I tried all sorts of comedone removal stuff to no avail. finally I read about folliculitis, which is an overgrowth of yeast on your face. Yeast usually lives on your scalp and too much of it causes dandruff. So I started washing my face with azole based anti dandruff shampoo and it's been great. No more bumps and no more acne aside from the occasional red blotch, but never any zits.

serums are typically concentrates you apply after cleansing that contain deeply-penetrating ingredients. they're formulated to target specific issues, e.g. ageing, dehydration, sun damage, sensitivity, redness, uneven skintone

is there a cleansing type cream or something you can just put on without foaming on and washing off?

t. lazy

I take 2 oxytetracycline pills a day and rub a cream which contains benzoyl Peroxide once daily on my face. I also got a better diet.

Face still looks like shit. Fuck genetics bruh

Basic shit, start off with a lukewarm shower then immediately moisturize and use Benzyl 5%. Don't see a reason to exfoliate when my skin is so sensitive.

What do you guys think of corsx whitehead power liquid? Is it good for normal exfoliator

It's called washing your face with cold water

I Lost 180 pounds in 10 Months and I have no loose skin thankfully but I have a lot of stretch marks. How do I get rid of them?

They don't really go away unless you get a skin graft. They fade to white though

How much would a skin graft cost?

Dude are you serious? Get ripped and rock them or some shit man. I don't really know how much that would cost anyway.

need help

get in shower
scrub my face and body till im sore
soap all over whole body

my face and back achne isnt getting any better

can someone tell me what a normal routine that actually works sounds like?

But I want to become a male model

I see. Do whatever you want man, but give it time to fade. It's possible they'll go away.
Checked.

By scrubbing until sore you're fucking up your skin. Dodge all greasy shit and dairy (try oat milk or almond milk instead) and change pillows often. Don't touch your face, ever. Whenever you feel greasy just wash your face with water, pref cold.

Also take lukewarm/warm showers rather than hot ones.

Daytime
>The Face Shop's cheapest cleanser. (365 Herb Day, to be specific.)
>A few drops of combo almond/olive/hemp/peppermint oil.
>Secret Key snail repairing sun cream.

Night
>Same cleanser.
>Shave whole face twice a week.
>A mask once a week; Currently the Face Shop Jeju volcanic mud pack.
>12-15% Lactic acid dilute.
>Same oils.

My skin is super baby soft with no wrinkles at 24, but I do get some minor hormonal acne while I'm on the pill (pimples are better than babies.)

Sun cream is ESSENTIAL every single day, especially with the AHA.
The AHA combined with shaving is my exfoliation - and it draws in moisture, then the oils seal it in. The mask is just for shits and giggles.
I'm considering getting another Secret Key snail repairing cream for in the dry winter months, because their sun cream is great.

AM
lukewarm water
benton snail bee moisturiser
biore UV watery essence 50+

PM
lukewarm water
perfect whip cleanser
benton aloe toner
corsx BHA toner
benton snail bee moisturiser

micellar water is what you're after, but it's literally the consistency of water. you put some on a cotton pad and then run that all over your face. the surfactants in the water form micelles that trap grease and dirt, which then form polar interactions with the cellulose of the cotton to very effectively clean your face.

This

i can't really infer the cause or severity of your redness, so all i can recommend is looking up skincare routines that target redness and sensitivity. there's a chance you have issues that can't be addressed through otc products, in which case you should see a derm and possibly receive laser treatment

You need to wash your face again with water based cleanser after using micellar water because some micellar water contains oil, unless you have dry skin maybe its okay...

Interesting. If I have some post-acne spots of mild redness what should I be on the look out for? Not scars per se but just splotchy areas.

I have a patch of dry skin that keeps appearing on the bottom right of my face. I’ve been exfoliating it and moisturising is but nothing seems to sort it. Any advice?

You ever get eczema?

Not that I know of but reading the symptoms, it sounds similar.

I get a patch of it on my face when it gets cold out. Cetaphil's eczema lotion is the best I've found. Doesn't break me out if I need it for my face.

Make sure not to scratch it! It might leave marks if you irritate it too much.

Vitamin C serum

>20 years old and still have acne
I don't really know anything about skin care, I just ask my female friends for advice but nothing they suggest really works. The only dermatologist I can get a referral to is way too far as I don't have a car of my own. Please help me out here, I don't want to have awful skin for the rest of my life.

can anyone post before/after pics of their skin

sure here

THOUGHTS ON SKIN CEUTICALS C E FERULIC ?

underrated desu. you deserved more (you)'s

what is the best supplement to take for acne? also, dumb question, but can you take both supplements and acne cream/wash at the same time? thanks

What kind of routine do you have?

If you have acne, I'd recommend some kind of BHA or AHA depending on what kind of acne you have. But if you use them, you have to make sure you're keeping your skin moisturized and hydrated. Also use sunscreen.

Been visiting a dermatologist for 2 years, year ago I said fuck it and when it started to get bad I picked up some face wash and moisturizer and after using them twice a day for 5 months my skin looks better than ever before.

Skin is looking better every day, but still bothered about the blackheads and like darker spots on my face from popping zits I guess?

Currently my routine is basically Bulldog Moisturizer and Face wash twice a day with a bit of some chemical my mom gave me I spot treat with. Any advice to improve my routine to get even better results?

The only routine I have is cleaning my bedsheets when I'm not being lazy, putting toothpaste on my problem areas overnight, and moisturizing my face before leaving the house. Also drinking water.

BHAs are good for cleaning out pores - so they're good for blackheads. If you have scarring I'd recommend some kind of vitamin C.

I follow the routine my derm recommended.

>Cleanse 2 times/day
>Spot treat in the night and wash it off in the morning
>Moisturize after shower

Plus:

>Drink 2L water/day
>Take short, cold showers

I used to do an extra step of exfoliating but my exfoliant was damaging my sensitive skin. I don't use sunscreen though I probably should start.

what's your routine?

>BRO JUST DRINK WATER AND CHANGE YOUR PILLOW CASE LMAO

>NAH BRO PUT TOOTHPASTE AND BAKING SODA ON YOUR FACE, IT CURED MY ACNE

My routine is Lactic acid 5% because I have sensitive skin and it's the most gentle.

Curology is expensive at $40 a month, but the pics I posted were less than 6 months apart. Shit's pretty bomb.