When have you asked for raises in your job?

When have you asked for raises in your job?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V-vTOo7f4f8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When I wanted to get fired

What if you're a woman though?

Never. They come automatic every 3 months for the first year, 6 months second year, and then annually. Also get vacation pay (1 weeks pay) whether we take it or not, and $100 bonuses every week if we deliver on time, drive at least 2,500 miles, and stay above the mpg goal.

a month ago maybe two.
i researched the average salary for my position and experience, i presented the data, explained them why i wasn't exactly average and how fucked they would be if they tried to replace me with a new guy then asked for a raise.

Have never had a job, have always been self-employed. So, never.

Usually the same day I get fired.

>ASKING for a raise
The only way to get a raise outside of scheduled review periods is to threaten to quit. Get a job offer somewhere else and tell your boss that you're leaving unless they come close to matching it.

If you bring any value to the company, if they like you, and if you and aren't asking for a ridiculous amount then they'll match it instead of losing you.

Note that this only works once or twice in a given company.

>Get a job offer somewhere else and tell your boss that you're leaving
[raise request approved]
[name is quietly added to replace_when_possible.docx]

I don't need to. I'm union. My union's negotiating team does that for me. If I like it, I vote yes.

OP hasn't clarified whether he's referring to CoL increases or square-jawed Hey Mister Boss Man, I Demand More Money Because I'm A Good Work Guy And I Deserve It raises like on tv

even odds on both, knowing this dump

Do some self employment, not quite legal but mehh at least you will make a decent amount in a short time when you have saved enough quit doing it
watch this video carefully

youtu.be/V-vTOo7f4f8

>be me
>finally christmas break, think about how I should ask for a raise next year
>receive a letter on christmas eve: We promoted you to consultant and you get a raise, have a merry christmas

Thank you baby jesus.

After every year, or when you make big skill advances in your position.

>ask for raise
>get it
>2 weeks later company hires a new guy straight out of college
>boss asks me to train new hire
>1.5 months later
>boss sad to report some required "cutbacks" get laid off

Go ahead ask but have another job offer ready to go when you do

I feel like asking for a pay rise soon but it seems a bit degrading asking for more money

i pray every day they let me go finally.
i'm late very day, i bitch about the management every chance i get, i'm really doing everything to be a bad employee aside from straight up refusing to do my job. i can't do that for some reason. (maybe i should just keep on asking for raises?)
but they don't let me go. maybe this year...
i only want to rest i don't even think i would want to find a job for a year. neeting is best in life really.

Erol? Stop posting dubs and get back to work.

told my boss that I had enough hours to move up from 2nd year to 3rd year apprentice which then entitles me for my raise.
Proceeds to tell me that only 40 hours a week counts.
>call the college of trades board and thell them whats up
>tell me to tell my boss to give promote me and if they have any questions to contact them
>I get my raise
>laid off 2 weeks later

at my old job i got a 3 dollar raise from my old boss because i had just gotten a diesel state inspector license. i used it to do state inspections on the diesel trucks. not many people had it and wanted to get it.

The last time I asked for a raise I was told I should be making less than I was.

That bad breath fuck

Unions are for cucks. They get you in a higher tax bracket and after union fees, you're making barely more than non union employees. At least that's how it is here in NYC