Who was the last "Great" man?

Who was the last "Great" man?

Was it Napoleon, or was it Hitler or even Stalin? I don't think there are any today.

yes

I say Hitler.

It was unironically Bill Clinton

>Who was the last "Great" man?

What the fuck does that even mean

>I don't think there are any today.
Have some respect

In what way were Hitler and Stalin even great? Napoleon was the last Great Man. We have never seen true brilliance in a political leader ever since. Success, cleverness but never brilliance of that level.

Did't Napoleon fuck up on quite a lot of places?
Like the handling of Spain, planning of the invasion of Russia and a bunch of other places.

Me.

Unironically this

Putin knows how to play the world like no one else can and he always gets shit done

Trump is the new hero.

Putin, though he is a pretty weak version.

Trump is the funniest clown in the presidential circus

Great doesn't mean flawless. He was a brilliant strategist, revolutionized the entire world, created a new legal code, saved the revolution and has clearly earned a place among the likes of Caesar and Alexander.

A little side note, there wasn't a lot wrong with his Russian Invasion. Von Clausewitz (who, if I'm not mistaken, was the first to propose the Great Man theory mostly based on Napoleon) noted that Napoleon did not make a single logistical error with his planning of the Russian invasion. The big issue was that the Czar acted "irrationally". Napoleon expected a normal war, he did not expect the Czar to just retreat east burning everything along the way and condemning his own people to death by starvation if the cold didn't get to them first. Even burning down the Third Rome was a pretty big shock that nobody saw coming. And even after Napoleon took it, Alexander simply refused peace because he could always run away further East.

And strangely enough, the Russians celebrate it. Then again, they still see Stalin as one of their most beloved leaders. Strange people they are, it's almost like they love their tyrants.

If you want to get a sense of the man's likely plans and goals, lead the last chapter of Tacitus' Annals of Imperial Rome. Pay careful attention to the chapter's title.

putin

>Russia and America will be allies in your lifetime
Thank G*d

> created a new legal code

bruh, the code civil is mercantilist up to today. That's why france is provoking war sometimes and got blitzkrieged by another "great" guy in no more than 2 weeks.

> saved the revolution

and people afterwards had to safe france from him?

>russians
agree, they are a bit brainwashed when it comes to leadership qualities

Honestly this.

Great Men of History theory

The Great Men of History theory usually proposes that history is guided by great men who shape the coming events.

It never says they can't be massive fuckups. In fact that often makes it easier for a change to happen down the line.

>Great Men of History theory
Well theory is a strong term. The extent to which the man himself is responsible for all the changes or whether it was the circumstances which did it, doesn't detract from the fact that such a famous man did exist.

>be me roman man
>see hot X/X puella
>think about talking to her
>pretty shy though
>some alpha assholes pushes me to the terram
>"hey puella im catalina wanna fuck?"
>tfw she says yes
>suddenly lightning
>"im cicero bitch"
>slams bitch into some grafiti
>talks some shit bout catalina being a trator
>tfw catalina gets killed
>it was a good day

Putin

Who else if not him?

Putin looks like my nigga Max

He's a great leader but I don't think he's a Great Man.
I'd say Tolstoy.

>and people afterwards had to safe france from him?

What are you even talking about?
The only French people who fought against him were monarchist nobles who wanted their privileges back

It's called a theory because it specifically proposes that men who are basically divinely gifted are what shape history, rather than trends.

Ronald Reagan.

The Great Man theory is a lie.

Donald Trump could be on the great man list if he does a good job

I made that picture lol

He dictated the circumstances rather than let the circumstances dictate him.

Only if he manages to make Russia a global superpower and make the r*ble worth something again.

Lenin. By attempting to put Marx's theories into practice, he shaped the entire 20th century. Hell, they're even called "Marxism-Leninism" now

>Putin knows how to play the world like no one else can and he always gets shit done
>brings his country into a literal depression over worthless land filled with kokols

>and people afterwards had to safe france from him?
outside invaders yeah

Gonna read in a second, but real quick before this thread disappears while I'm gone, I've looked at Trump pretty closely, especially his past leading up to the race.

Everything about him indicates he has the entire media's pockets lined to put on a show right now, including Hillary's, with Bernie perhaps being the exception, and he only intends to grab the executive seat so he can use it to act as an advanced lobbyist and rob the government of regulatory power so the private sector can continue its takeover of government function that's been happening since Reagan.

He doesn't give a shit about no god damn wall, immigration reform, or Muslim extremism. He knows these are hot button issues for couch whitey. And knows how to use rhetoric to worm his way into places he has no business.

His constant baiting of SJWs and identity politics issues by saying edgy things is a temporary sensationalist persona he's developed since May of last year. Look at him during his roast on comedy central, and the kinda shit Snoop Dogg etc. say straight to his face. He knows the media is more or less as politically correct as it ever was. He doesn't give a shit about that either.

I'm mad my country is constantly too damn dumb to FOLLOW THE MONEY.

pic related