Watch Thread time. What watch are you wearing?

Watch Thread time. What watch are you wearing?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/d36qr
amazon.com/gp/product/B01AK5TQQ8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01AK5TQQ8&linkCode=as2&tag=quickdiy-20&linkId=2bee4859efe3ae23b42b99d7f822528d
youtube.com/watch?v=O5dyV1D5Qtw
amazon.com/Tissot-TIST0194301603101-Heritage-Stainless-Automatic/dp/B0041Q44T2/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

timex easy reader from 1977

I'm not telling YOU

Don't you be spicy with me boi

Pics plz

fuk u

tewder

Thoughts?

I like it!

A good looking piece.

Buy it now while you can, the horz teak ones are not nearly as good quality wise.

The eta versions were good, the in house ones are omega-grade too thick to be a daily wear.

Yep, definitely why I picked the ETA.

Can't go wrong.

Put it in the bin. Piece of shit.

Hey guys, I typically dress in the Saint Laurent aesthetic, and I might be interested in buying a nice watch, what recommendations might you have?

vintage omega dress watch

Vintage: Omega Seamaster, Omega Geneve. Good examples of both can be had for under $1k

New: Junghans Max Bill Quartz can be had for under $500 or Nomos Club/Orion for 1.2-1.5k.

is this a good deal?

Don't do

Thoughts? It's gonna be my daily driver until I save up for a Sub

it's fine, although quite a big bigger than a sub

I don't get it why is everybody into divers? Like you are "respecting the heritage" of diving in your fucking office papers with a heavy shit around your wrist? They are and look the same! What is even the fucking point? That fucking useless bezel to countdown to another suicide postponed only by yet another desire to get the same watch with the same bezel from another shit overpriced manufacturer. A fucking mechanic meme like some cave amish "ruspuctung mein herritaeghe". Is every diver watch junkie into riding horses and marrying their cousins for tradition?

They're functional, look cool, easily readable, are relatively cheap, and are durable.

Nice. I wear pic related. Casio is dope. Don't have to worry about the batteries any time soon either.

Favre-Leuba Lavina ; Sicura Submarine ; Bulova Accutron and ZentRa Automatic

Thoughts ?

all are interesting but particularly like far right and far left. good collection user.

A good solid watch.

The sicura is rad.

Sicura on a president bracelet
imgur.com/a/d36qr

The Fabre-Leuba is my favorite.
I have 4 more vintage watches

Are watches even effay?

such a bitter poorfag

I don't understand either. I'm a diver and I don't wear one, much less wear one on land

Only certain brands but definitely not seikos

good investment, those things last for years

an investment is something that's expected to return dividends or increase in value. that was a purchase and not an investment

What does Veeky Forums think of leather straps?

Or something that will have a value from years to come, not only monetary value, you econ-brainlet

>looks like a rolex
>is not a rolex
Double fuck up here

It's alright.

Classier than :
>Seiko
>that looks this bad
I'm not for it.

They look cheap as fuck. But I'm a Swiss fag so I guess I'm used to very high standard.

Patrician. Anything else is heresy.

Pic is mine

How do I clean this?

If that's blood stain then grab soft toothbrush and WD-40. This cleaned my car after bumping into deer.

nope, that's a purchase.

Sure it was a deer..

>shit opinions: the post

>I'm a Swiss fag so I guess I'm used to very high standard.
>cluelessness level 9000

>shit opinions: the post

>Doesn't acknowledge Swiss watch making superiority
>cluelessness level 9000

T. Jealous Faggot

Meh. Don't get the quartz version. Co-Axial is the way to go.

>120$
Kek, don't fucking do it. You can get them new for like 15$ off eBay.
Also my daily wearers.

Forgot pic.

And for those wondering, yes this is indeed a Waltham 25 Jewels as worn by Dexter Morgan.

>excludes Germany, Japan and other exemplar countries because of shitty swiss branding

LMAO just kys kid

My grails in the collection.

Thoughts on this? Thinking of getting this as my first mechanical watch. Worth £40? It's a Luch with a Poljot 2209 movement.

typical Veeky Forumsggot
>not able to discern levels of quality
>good tier is not God tier kid

This bro know what it's about. Very nice pieces. The classic and the officer. That's some real quality.
Did you buyed them at an auction ?

cheap looking and boring wanked by old farts

>he's still being a swatch cuck

Finally got the strap. Its the second one Im getting from BOB and hoky shit it has to be the less flexible strap ive seen. It looks nice but the cunts gonna take a week to break in

This might not be the thread for this, but just I got a new phone and I can choose between getting a free gear s3 smartwatch or tablet. Im leaning towards the watch because I already have an iPad.

You guys are the gurus for watch fashion- so is it possible to dress one of these up with a different band? They only have the "frontier" sporty one, not the classic which looked more classy to me. Is it worth it or should I go with the tablet?

Not at auction, but they are second hand. The Calatrava has always been appealing to me.

Alternate view so you can see the strap. Sorry again if it's the wrong thread, didn't see any tech fashion thread so

I would love a Samsung Gear S3. However at 46 mm my wrists are simply too small.
However if you have the wrists to carry it I'd definitely go towards the smart watch. I agree the S3 Classic would be better but if that's the only option definitely get the S3.

that watch is 14 dollars brand new on amaon.

a teeeeeewwwwwwwwwder. I hope you only got one tewder.

Got mine on right now.

no one was wondering you giant faggot

I think that watch looks quite good with that black sweater sleeve and white skin.

WHOUA ! Checkout the new nutnfancy watch review ! He's such a connoisseur !

Can any watchlad in tell me about IWC?

My brother has just dropped £8k on 2 of their watches, he knows nothing about watches.

Will they hold some value and are they worth the money?

Soviet watch I bought from a fellow user on grained

I like it.

Is that real crocodile or just embossed cow leather?

I actually love look of this Seiko

It's a combination of versatility and value. There are a lot of good auto divers at the low end of the market (

I’m looking to get rid of my Smartwatch. I’m looking for something cheap, 300 or less that’s a good all around watch until I get some others. Any recs?

Here's mine again. Guess I'll r8 some this time. I rate based on whether I would wear it myself and what I'd wear it with, so my answers may be pretty tilted.

8/10. Love Sinn, but that's not the model I'd choose. (I really like the ones that look like the cockpit clock from a Bf109 or something.)

7/10, Tudor has been growing on me lately. Not what I'd buy for the money, though.

5/10, too expensive for a quartz. The auto would be great, but it costs twice as much. If you want a similar watch for a similar price, but automatic, you could check out Ball's Red Label models.

7/10, great watch but I'd go with one of the less chunky variants.

1/10, that meme has been done to death.

6/10, solid watch but I'm not into the styling. I'd get it in blue if I had to pick one from the lineup.

Interesting pieces but I find it hard to imagine wearing them in 2018. The ZentRa might be nice on leather.

4/10. It pains me to say that about a Blancpain, but I hate those roman numerals for some reason. It would instantly gain 3-4 points without them.

1/10, trashy fashion watch.

Omega is a 7/10. The rest are either meh or meme.

Left is 5/10, right is 8/10. I'm trying really hard not to let the Patek name get to me.

5/10, but I think it'd be a 7/10 on brown leather. (Unless it just looks gold in the photo and is actually silver, in which case black is fine.)

6/10 for the Orient. The blue is beautiful but I find it hard to imagine pulling it off.

3/10, the Soviet quirkiness factor just doesn't make up for how cheap it looks. The 24hr dial is kinda cool I guess.

Seiko SKX, Orient Mako or Ray are popular watchfag choices in in that price range.

R8

Orient mako 2

The of mako was a deal but now the 2 has a whole slew of upgrades better crystal/case and upgrades to the movement.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01AK5TQQ8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01AK5TQQ8&linkCode=as2&tag=quickdiy-20&linkId=2bee4859efe3ae23b42b99d7f822528d

not bad, but mix it up a bit with the straps. the middle three would probably look better on bracelets than nato straps

Thanks guys, looks good and great price

Kinda liking it on the cheap velcro strap at the minute.

Haven't taken a collection pic in forever, so I figured I'd snap one. I'm gradually pushing the crappy quartzes out. The Ball is my most recent acquisition and it's been on my wrist almost every day since I bought it in July, not sure where to go next.

God you're such an insufferable cunt

Nice Wengers and Ball Engineering.
How do you like the Ball? I've considered one before.

Seikos at automatically effay since they’re japanese. Cuck soyboys brands like DW or MVMT are not effay.

Is this Nicole Simpson's watch?

2/10- Sorry man, not a fan. I would sell them all and get 1 or 2 better quality watches.

This is horrible. Soz dude.

Put it in the kettle and boil the water, works wonders

Yawn, obviously got a cheap deal or given that blancpain seeing as no person would actually buy that model over something like the fifty fathoms who actually knows anything about watches. (thats for insulting my tudor)
Haven't seen anyone where it on that before. Looks cool.

The SKX and Ball are cool.

Cool in concept, poor in reality.

If only the Bambino was 38mm.

Sure its ok for the money, but the more you get into watches the less you are going to like it.

The dial is cool, the hands are cool, the case shape is average and I am sure the bracelet is crappy. Not sure on this one.

King Seiko Chronometer.

Thoughts on the Orient Capital?
youtube.com/watch?v=O5dyV1D5Qtw

the hands are all too short

Hands are too short, what diameter is it?

40.5 millimeter

too big for a dress watch desu unless you have huge wrists

I have small wrists but I thought 40 mm was pretty standard for men's watches these days? Tissot Visodate is 40 mm. Very similar style but much more expensive.
amazon.com/Tissot-TIST0194301603101-Heritage-Stainless-Automatic/dp/B0041Q44T2/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel

The Visodate is beautiful, but it has really long lugs, so unless you have a flat wrist it looks quite large.

Generally a dress watch looks better around the 38mm mark.

This sizing is definitely still a fad.

Sports watches will end up going back to 40-42mm at the most, dress watches are going back to 36-39mm.

>This is horrible. Soz dude.
>dude

lol