What are some good brands for toe cap oxfords?

What are some good brands for toe cap oxfords?

I want some quality black leather ones with wooden soles that I can casually wear

I'll be buying them second hand so what brands should I be looking for apart from pic related (Loake)

I’m not exactly sure about their cap toe oxfords, but Crocket & Jones, Allen Edmonds, and Alden are all known for the quality of their shoes.

wooden soles?

>wooden sole
the quality just plummeted lol

trickers, sanders, and alden are all good choices

ye I like the sound they make

the only wooden shoes are weird clogs or other stuff

>I'll be buying them second hand
Your only choice at this point is Allen Edmonds, then. You almost surely won't find a used pair that doesn't have an impression of someone else's foot in the cork layer, which any quality dress shoe has. AE is the only company I know of that has a refurbishing program where you send in your used AEs and they rework them to a point of reapplying the cork layer which will finally allow the shoe to fit your own feet as intended by AE.

You'll still have a comfy dress shoe if you buy used, but you won't be experiencing it proper unless you get a pair with an untouched cork layer. Just cop a nice $150 pair of AEs off ebay and send them in to get refurbished for $150 or buy a brand new pair for $400+

I realised it's derby shoes with toe caps I wanted, not oxfords

some have, like these Loake's I found in a charity shop

That isn't wood. Most quality dress shoes come with a leather sole, like in your picture.

leather soles are fine too

I just don't really like rubber

I basically just want the low 1461 docs without buying a meme and their horrible soles and stitching

it's 100% wood I can tap it with my finger and it sounds like wood

can't indent it with my nails at all it's completely solid

and it sounds like wood on the floor when you walk

do dress shoe sizes vary much?

look at these little cuteys

so many of these shoes are calf leather :(

I guarantee you it isn't made of wood, probably just some dry as fuck leather that's never been taken care of. This is what it would look like before walking on concrete. I have yet to run into a pair of dress shoes that have a wooden sole.
yes

>wooden soles
shiggy diggy

I trust you're probably right about the wood

damn it's going to be annoying buying leather shoes second hand online with the variances. I might just try and find some in real life but I doubt i'll be able to find anything nice. I found some really nice derbies in a vintage shop which had metal nails hammered into the sole or something that sounded amazing when they walked lol but they were a size 8 reee :(

just try out some allen edmonds at a shop then wait for their online sales

It's tough to buy dress shoes 2nd hand, but you can get some good deals if you're smart. I wanted some AE Park Avenues, so I went to Nordstrom and tried on a few different sizes of Park Avs and then ordered my size off ebay when I got home. Saved $300 bucks and got a pretty nice looking beater pair.

>2018
>not having your shoes fitted with wooden soles

Omae wa mou shiggeiru

>wooden soles
Lol. Get some sabots then

Holy fucking shit. Why children need to ask here where to buy shoes? ask your dad

Can't ever go wrong with some good ol' USA-made goodyear welt. AE all the way, there's a reason it's reached meme status like Red Wing

>2018.1/12
>not having your shoes fitted with comfyortable flexible soles

I have some Loake Aldwyches

very nice

>wooden shoes

hahahahahahha oh my fucking life
it's leather you fucking spastic

I was surprised by the durability of these shoes. My dad just retired and he gave away a lot of his dress shoes to my brother. He has a pair 13 year old loakes that still looks relatively good.

Not getting leather is a bad idea. Vegan shit looks cheap and doesn't last.