R/MALEFASHION IS MAKING FUN OF US

reddit.com/r/malefashion/comments/7rz1su/what_are_some_good_fashion_forums/

They’re not wrong. This place is a shell of its former self

are the image servers up or did you just get lucky? I still can't post images

only works if you make a thread

oh I see, thanks g
as for the reddit thing, I do believe they are right, apart from the milspo, watch and skincare threads it's pretty much gone to shit

How would you have even found that unless you're a filthy redditor

i find it funny how right they are
Veeky Forums spent fucking years and years criticising r/streetwear and ended up being a complete parody board.

>only OP can post images
It's over m80s, we really are Reddit now.

OP is 16 btw

im 21 though

then why are you here

They're right.

OP on plebbit sorry

I have self destructive and addictive tendencies wbu? you tryna dress good?

This is a great shit posting board.
But I get that if you try do dress up nicely you'll probably get fucked here.

But time to time you can find interesting threads here and some posters(a minority) actually know what they are doing and are very knowledgeable about fashion.

Basically once a month, something good happen here

nothing is filtered through an upvote system on fa and 3/4 of us offer shit advice. fa is less scared to try weird shit and fail than mfa but overall content quality is considerably worse.

They're right, you're all bastards. But to be fair, the good fits usually show up in specific "/_____core/" threads, not WAYWT

oh no now my feefees are hurt that some subculture bitch on reddit insulted me time to brigade and start some retarded movement called fashiongate

is that the response you wanted, op? you fucking candy colored queer fuck...

OP is a retarded redditor

they're not wrong

years ago Veeky Forums and sufu were the best sites on the internet, now both are dead

Honestly though is there anywhere on the internet to actually discuss fashion? Veeky Forums is nice for shitposting and memes but real discussion makes up less than 10% of posts. /r/mfa is, well, fashion advice and not fashion. /r/malefashion has way better fits than Veeky Forums (and honestly is a fine place to go for inspo if you like the styles that are popular there) but less meaningful discussion. 90% of forums are #menswear, the other 10% are hypebeast shit, fedoracore, or completely dead.

They're not wrong.

Veeky Forums has become absolutely shit even compared to how it was a year or two ago. I have no clue how it happened but suddenly everything changed.

I think this place has more creative people than Reddit. Whatever it is that is trending, it’s always hot here first, before anywhere else. That’s the only reason why i’m staying here. Being on Veeky Forums means you’ve upgraded yourself from Reddit-mode. It’s always better here than anywhere else. Political board is better here than anywhere else, music board is better here than anywhere else, etc etc. I can’t downgrade myself, i have to always be better at this than normies. When my edgy reddit friends (who are better than me, like more attractive, more friends, and better endowed) are still laughing at “somebody touche my spaghet” meme, i make them laugh harder with my edgier Veeky Forums meme.

I hope our demographics doesn’t change and no more people find out about this place.

Veeky Forums and /pol/ and their numale cuck soy insecurities to blame

that said this shithole is still better than mfa lol at least the raw criticism is still here

The shills have ruined multiple boards such as pol TV and this. I blame a combination of shills and reddit

I hate mfa most of the time but damn, that's a rock solid fit.

>I think this place has more creative people than Reddit. Whatever it is that is trending, it’s always hot here first, before anywhere else.

I agree with you on that to an extent (and not really lately), the main problem is the negativity and ego. Veeky Forums has a way of choosing those who are deemed loyal and disparaging the rest. it's going to happen when everyone is anonymous, most unregarded, but there will be those who post regularly. first loved for being ahead of the curve, then shortly later driven away by nothing but negativity.

it's just going to happen with anonymity psychology and the cycle that follows.

the problem is that once you reach a certain number of people who have no content (no pictures/analysis) to provide you get a board where nobody actually engages in the hobby, 90-95% of the population is just here to criticize. it becomes tiresome.

not that i dont think people in our waywt threads dont deserve criticism its just that there's an overwhelming feeling that nobody actually enjoys what they're doing here. jealousy/lack of interesting clothing are the main topics.

I'd still never go on reddit though

It's funny how the upvote system is actually what ruins reddit but also kind of what Veeky Forums is missing. Without it stupid replies like "lmao, shit fit" or "kys faggot" takes up a lot of space, and pushes all thoughtful discussion in the background. The problem with having it, is that we would like reddit become a echo chamber of popular opinions and everything and everyone would just agree with each other.
It's great that Veeky Forums is a place where people with different opinions all can discuss topics without the fear of being downvoted, but it's a shame that people use this to shit on other peoples opinions and act like children.

we need analysis not jealous faggots. there's a difference.

'it's just criticism bro' when you have nothing useful to offer

the WAYWT threads here are shite but they are a godsend gift compared to the ones on mfa

i saw someone on streetwear ask what sneakers go well with jeans

technical shell or quilted shell?

>they are a godsend gift compared to the ones on mfa
they really arent

teenagers basically

They're just as bad if not worse.

The Reddit boards and Veeky Forums are similar tier, Reddit just comes without the politics, ego, general Veeky Forums edgelord 'normie' hating and other attendant baggage.

I've just never gotten Veeky Forums because they make fun of neckbeards all the time but then also hate normies and Chad.

Veeky Forums's has a pretty diverse userbase, 90% of the really politically active left wing people I know all have posted on Veeky Forums at some stage or still do but you wouldn't know it looking at how the alt right shit is all anyone ever seems to talk about it

that place is a soyboy haven and anybody who goes there is a dweeb

yeah Veeky Forums isnt great and there arent a lot of good posts but there are some needles in the haystack and at least we dont use fucking reddit

faggots probably all sat around staring at their screens with their pubescent bearded faces, mouths wide open upvoting things they agree with

The advantage Veeky Forums has over reddit is that people here are more willing to offer stringent criticism so bad fits are purged.
What ruins this is that the cattiness chews up the good fits almost as often as it does the bad ones.
Also, the criticism, while often accurate, fearless and unencumbered by peer pressure, is rarely constructive in nature.
>lurk more faggot
>kys
>...a noose
>nig/nog
Good points all but how does this help people improve?
In the end this place’s willingness to be brutally honest is blunted by its disinterest in being a community.

>staring at their screens with their pubescent bearded faces

Unlike the chiseled Chads on Veeky Forums right m8?

>bad fits are purged
Topkek have you seen literally any post on Veeky Forums in the past few years ?

Also 90% of the time the criticism is inaccurate bullshit advice given by underage faggots who cannot dress themselves to begin with but still feel like they are entitled to judge the fits of other people.

once goth ninja got played out Veeky Forums had no other bandwagon to hop onto. everyone here is cringey and poor af anyway

honestly they're right. Veeky Forums post quality has severely dipped after gamergate and trump memeing brought all the bottom barrel normies here.

I was going to disagree, but literally every board suffered after that although /sp/ died because of moderation and activity actually dropped there

It's reddit. The universe itself is making fun of /r/mfa/, because they are dipshit safety first look alike gamma males who probly spend a lot of time waiting around while someone else is fucking their bish

"I'm working late, honey!"

That place is cocks. There's a higher risk here, but higher rewards.

Sounds like Veeky Forums

again. this place's strength is that it doesn't incentivize circlejerks
it's weakness is that it only encourages being an ass.
This has nothing to do with the people here (though there is probably a fair deal of self-selection). This is structural.
bad fits are purged over time. I haven't seen the same people post shit fits over and over.
They just usually leave. Where is the "from the back" guy?

Yes it does.

I'm all about subtext and entendre this week
Can't be helped

its just a steady amount of time before they all integrate r-right?

Like most problems with contemporary Veeky Forums, it's the forced integration of real-world normie shit that has degraded the quality of Veeky Forums (and many other boards). Instead of being isolated spergs looking for interesting looks to pull off out of a love of fashion and visual aesthetic, everything has to have some political, mainstream thrust: fashwave, milspo, terrorwave, 50score are acts of artisanal masculinity plucked from their organic context and distributed in easily digestable infographics to show the world how manly and right-wing you are; whereas cuckcore, streetwear, and MFA are held up as the evil other, representing femininity, leftism, and the urban demographic. It's no longer about how you look, but what your look means.

l-l-leave terrorwave out of this! :(