/longhair/ on females is based, why is it so rare? Theres only one women in my town with hair past classic length...

/longhair/ on females is based, why is it so rare? Theres only one women in my town with hair past classic length, and she’s married

Because it's harder to maintain. Long hair can take hours to dry after a shower. You have to apply more products to it as well.

Basically this, and low-effort styles are currently in fashion. Might be a permanent thing.

Im currently growing out my hair, its only about bra strap length right now though. I think the reason is its very difficult to take care of damaged hair or grow it out and most girls are impulsive and reckless with their hairstyling choices so its easiest for them to just chop it off once they realize deep conditioning wont fix it

My hair goes down to my waist, and while it may look nice, I wouldn't recommend it. It's horrible to maintain and style. The only reason I haven't cut mine is because I look bad with short hair

It looks good but everything up until that point isn't fashionable.

The fashionable looks right now and for some time have been: very long, or blunt bob/lob. Sometimes shorter.

Now imagine you're trying to grow out your hair to classic length like me. My hair doesn't touch my shoulders yet because my last fashionable haircut was a blunt bob. In order for my hair to get past an awkward stage (shoulder length to mid chest length) it will take almost 2 years. Then a year after that it will look normie, maybe another two years. Then FINALLY a year or two after that it'll be fashionable

You see? It's based but it's almost not worth it desu

I have almost hip-lenght hair. I wouldn't say it's _that_ hard to maintain, as long as you use quality shampoo and conditioner, and don't constantly fuck your hair up with curling/straightening or bleaching. Fuck the long drying times though, like said. Or maybe I just have good hair genes, hair maintenance has never been that much of an issue for me.

I also prefer simple styles like braids and almost never use much styling products. Guess I wouldn't recommed growing your hair out to waist-lenght if styling is really important to you.

Because it looks shit.

see It gets super dry, brittle and ratty with the increasing length. Not to mention unwieldy.

Notice how 2/3 of those pics the girls have their hair braided? That's why.

It gets dry if you're an absolute idiot who can't take care of yourself. Braids are part of taking care of it, it contains the hair making it not lose moisture and it's easy to get it out of the way if you're doing stuff. But yeah, most women can't commit to something that takes a bit of effort, they just go to the hairdresser and get it fried to look fashionable.

My hair is a few inches off my hips, it's not THAT hard to maintain, now that my hair is longer I actually get to wash it a lot less.

Society in general is moving away from feminity so it makes sense that we see this in fashion, ie. androgyny, pixie hair cuts etc.

This x1000. Taking care of hair isn’t hard but women would rather impulsively get a lob to look /fa instantly. Newsflash: it’s boring. Any girl who took care of their hair and grew it out looks way better and even stunning because of it, and the only time short hair looks good is if the girl is already stunning

It's not laziness it's the intelligence to understand looking like shit for five years in your prime isn't worth it idiot

found the roastie

>Looks like shit
Maybe because you can't fix ugly.

You won’t look like shit if youre taking care of your hair as it’s growing though. Having say, hair thats armpit length isn’t really an “awkward” length the same way growing out a bob or bangs is. It still has ways to look nice, it just wont turn peoples heads the way classic length hair would. Still can look better than chin length on 90% of people

Growing your hair out means you'll look like shit?

Because you have to take really careful care of it for years for it to be healthy throughout unless you have blessed hair genetics.

In my case I have to take pre-natal vitamins, use special non-everything shampoo no more than twice a week, use special brush and comb, not use blow-dryer or irons or products often, braid and tie with ribbon before bed, ect. Also I can't dye or bleach it at all and trim any unhealthy ends often.

That said, I'm finally at "Blue Lagoon" nipple cover length (fuck my long neck) and think I've broken through the bottleneck and I feel like its worth it in the long-run. I think its been 3 years since my last length cut.

>all these girls on Veeky Forums
>a girl probably read one of your posts before
>a girl might be reading this post right now

I haven't showered in 3 days don't flatter yourself.

Not showering is a sign of depression, anonette. Please take care of yourself.

Do you live in Florida? I'd like to do secks if so

i am yet to meet a girl that has better quality hair than mine biblical awesome long hair
males simply have superior hair too lol

I remember smelling my ex her panties she had worn for 2 days
hnnggggg

>female

Because it's a pain to take care of for normies. I keep mine at mid-back length and the only reason it's still healthy, full and shiny is because I invest in hair oils and only let the hairdresser dye it (although blonde dye will probably kill it regardless who applies it; personally I'm brunette).

Meanwhile a normie chick will attempt to increase hair length while doing absolutely nothing for her hair and kill it with cheap walmart dye colors.

I haven't showered in 23 days.
I haven't left my room in twice that.

Because:
>I look worse with longer hair
>It's irritating when hair gets everywhere
>Short hair is cute
>Not everyone is capable of growing hair that long
>It would be getting dry for impossibly long time
>Your long hair would be everywhere and it would be 10 times more visible than with short hair

Honestly I think it's rare because it's kind of traditional and feminine and such things are being rejected in the west right now. Having crazy unnatural dye jobs and lesbian hair cuts is the fad now.

>Having crazy unnatural dye jobs and lesbian hair cuts is the fad now.
i honestly hate this shit so much. i never once saw a girl with hair like that and thought "that hairstyle looks good on her"

>Wah wah it's too hard to wash the jizz out of my hair
is it too hard to wash your face, put on some eyeliner and shave your legs too? The day my girlfriend completely abandons trying to look good for me is the day I know the relationship is going down the drain

>the day my girl is comfortable by being just herself and natural is the day I know the relationship is going down the drain

>unkempt is natural
dump her.

/longhair/ is one of those so precariously perfect things that it's too much to ask the Veeky Forums gods for.

/shorthair/ is good too if you're looking for the pop punk latina goddess look that Im trying to make me wife.

Not removing body hair and not covering skin in chemicals is quite natural. Unkept would be if she didn't shower or brush her teeth

same. wish more feminine women existed

>>roastie trash
only a womanlet could believe these things

I am a traditional virgin.

I don't think I am a womanlet with 5'7". Also I don't have to believe in it, it's just real, it doesn't suit me and that's it

Actually for latinas long hair is fashionable and desired! At least in Chile and Argentina
>chilean femanon here

I’m growing out my hair to classic length. I’m only at chest length right now, I wish I didnt have short hair in high school

Because of feminism. Girls with long hair are hotter than girls with short hair. Looks more feminine and has traditionally been a sign of health, so human men naturally find it more attractive. Unless you're a faggot.

where i live in rural britbong all girls have long dull blonde hair
ALL
they all wear the same blue skinnyjeans
the same vans

desu it would be refreshing to see shorthair girls here

these are all girls(male)
theres no girls here user

wow I'm a slob but you got me beat

Does anyone have tips on growing out hair? My hair is an inverted bob, due to growing out a nasty (and regrettable) undercut. It sits on my shoulders when I leave it unstraightened because I have wavy hair.

My routine now is using a Lush shampoo bar and conditioner, which I use every day. Then before bed, I've started tying it in a dutch braid. In the morning I let it out and straighten my bangs.

Also, I use Lush's Sea Spray so my hair holds the curls. I'm trying to cut down on heat, but if don't put something in my hair it won't hold the waves.

Where is this so I can go there pls
t. Central London

Cuck her husband?

Tips on... growing out hair? It's hair. It grows longer as time passes. You just have to sit through the awkward phase of growing the old style out, there's no tricks to it.

Also stop straightening your hair daily, you are actively ruining it.

>My girlfriend has to put on eyeliner to look good
I feel sorry for you man

A braid will rub against your pillow, wouldn't a top knot be better?

>is it too hard to wash your face, put on some eyeliner and shave your legs too
Washing face is a good idea, the other two I just don't get. Do you not like women's faces? And bodies?

>attempting the old "preferring shaved legs is misogyny, not hygiene" bamboozle
You do realize that most men shave their faces every fucking day? This is an unusually ineffective type of attempt to push laziness as virtue.

well reasoned.

Well it just doesn't suit my face

Wtf long hair is the basic bitch fashion for atleast 3 years now. Long hair looks nice on every woman, but only the very beautiful women can pull off short hair.

This. Long hair is a safe option but it also means that you can't put too much personality into it

Long hair is a part time job. REALLY long hair gets in the way, especially if you have to work.

Women with super long hair are like any men who grow their hair long enough to put in a ponytail: 99% of the time, it looks like hot frizzy garbage, they don't have enough product in it (or don't put any product in it at all), and it's gross and unappealing.

The internet makes it seem as though super long, shiny hair is common, and I agree it's absolutely gorgeous, but if you check out long hair forums, most women with really long hair are hyper-religious plain janes who have dull looking hair with zero shine or softness. Not as easy as it looks.

People in long hair forums are so autistic about hair but they have zero self awareness when it comes to their own. You're right about it looking gross, especially combined with no makeup and obesity (common in these forums)

Banp

bumping because long hair is my fetish

Oh my god it's true. I used to post on so many long hair forums and so many of the women there are obese and have terrible fashion, the only thing they put effort into is their hair. It was really discouraging. The few women there who were actually a healthy weight were like goddesses compared to everyone else.

Not shaving isn't laziness. I'm not even that user but there are way worse hygienic practices than merely not shaving a beard or leg hair. That's a literal matter of preference. As long as they wash their bootyhole every day and brush their teeth, and wash their hands often, that's what is most important to me.

The only thing you can really do with long hair that is fun and stands out is the sailor moon odango buns. And braids, I guess. Groundbreaking.

every woman has the potential to grow long hair unless something is seriously wrong with her health.

I would defend some women in the long hair community and forums but I agree that some women there are extremely unkempt in other areas..

I also think shorter hair takes more to maintain because of the many trips to the hair salon to get a haircut and the time spent in styling because most short hair only looks good when it's styled in a certain way..long hair looks unique by default if grown properly.

How do you do odango buns?

holy shit muh dick

My hair stopped growing at all when it got to the underboob lenght

Honestly when I see very long hair I just assume she's a Mormon or some kind of weird religious type.

They seem to be really into all that.

It probably didn't stop growing, but you experienced breakage. Do you do anything to protect your ends, like wear it up in a bun during the day, or sleep with a satin pillowcase? Do you hydrate (with water) and moisturize (with oils)? Do you gently detangle once a week or two? If you have no such practices, that could explain why it seems to stop growing.

Also never use naked rubber bands, ever. Always always go for the tangle free elastic bands, or scrunchies, even.

I guess if you dyed it some bright noticeable color like blue or white that would stand out. Long unnatural colored hair is rare, short unnatural colored hair is everywhere. But people with long hair are often too afraid to experiment with color.

Well now I know why. I don't think it's worth it if I end up wearing bun all the time hiding the lenght and spending shitload time and money on caring for it

Yeah because short hair requires only one hairdye and can be cut if it grows back, while long hair can't and takes few hairdyes

There's more to lose if you have long hair and the dye ends up ugly/damages your hair. You don't spend 5+ years growing it out to risk it all like that.

Not her but sailor moon buns are the same as the Chinese version.

I absolutely love girls with long hair. I mean, a 4-5/10 grill with a bf can be stuck in my head for months just because of beautiful dark long hair