Milspo

Let’s talk color theory edition

Other urls found in this thread:

varusteleka.com/en/group/dress-and-wool-tunics/836
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

olive drab and flecktarn are objectively the best camo patters ever made.

Of the milsurp I've bought, I think the old Swiss blueish-greenish-grey color is the prettiest. I really hate the yellowish greens that countries like the USSR and Israel adopted.

Hmm, I like both tones about as equally. I do admire how Israel has kept the olive drab, after most countries just went to camouflage after the 1970s. The OD works in Israel's terrain, and that's what counts, anyhow. Do you ever wear your jacket/tunic in public? In which context, what do you wear with this military surplus?

You mean olive khaki. Also soviets had no standardised colour for their woolens

>olive khaki
f e l d g r a u

Austria still uses a shade of field gray, but it’s a very strange shade of FG as everything is cotton and polyester nowadays, you can’t achieve the depth of wool

I like it though

>yellowish greens
Referring to this. I'm not colour blind, ya dingus

That's just khaki. It's called feldgrau out of convention rather than refering to the real colour or dyes used. Same as the black US navy uniforms are called navy blue

How the fuck is that khaki? I'd describe it as dark olive

Where can someone get one of these jackets/coats? They were used by practically everyone for the first half of the 20th century and I would kill for one that was a navy blue

Here's another one

I want high quality 30s military jodhpurs so badly.

The whole British Veeky Forumsscist style was so perfect.

All Veeky Forumsscist style is amazing, but yeah, Mosley knew what was good.

Mosley did it the best.

Did you see that documentary on him that's on youtube? It's so good.

You can get old german stuff for pretty cheap, if you don’t mind the flat grey color. Otherwise,
varusteleka.com/en/group/dress-and-wool-tunics/836

I agree. That blueish wool stuff is so pretty.

Any idea on how to dye flat gray wool that color?

Can you give more photos?