Can we get an Veeky Forums apartment/ room thread rolling?

can we get an Veeky Forums apartment/ room thread rolling?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGIBa9VcHP4&index=9&list=LLGYL2U1SbSp7srdrcX_33aA&t=1s
clyp.it/f4b3ceey
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm moving into this place in a couple of weeks. How do I set up an Veeky Forums apartment? Where should I get furniture from?

I got the same saturn hooked up to a lacie electron, no pics of my room though, just this shitty close up.

anyways, cool set up.

Awful picture to start the thread, OP.

>purposefully having a shitty old tv with an old console right besides an actually good tv (or a monitor? whatever)
awful. dont do that

you either have the brain power to understand the aesthetics and quality of CRT, or you don't...sorry retards.

Old consoles legit look better on CRTs

What does effay suggest for an attic room? The walls are all like 4 feet tall and meet the rafters so there's not much wall space

this nigga has a Saturn AND a CRT tv. are you fuckign kidding me. a e s t h e t i c

finally done with the bedroom.

that's an sick apartment, go for dark wood and some big plants

damn son i like your A E S T H E T I C

wanted to make a paludarium too, is it hard to maintain?

I never did a paludarium but the Aquarium isn't too bad. The small size means that you have to do at least weekly water change, if you want to keep fishes and not just shrimp. My big tank only needs like 2-3h's of maintaining a month tho.

fuck off dexter, noone who lives in miami is fa

Looks good. Post more pics

Also, w2c nightstand? Also, I've always wanted to do a jarrarium thing, what are some resources that helped you?

My apartment is slowly coming together real nice.

I need to find a shelf/desk solution for my computer in a living room alcove, and the next step after that is getting a couple of roll-down curtains to mount on the wall - instead of a TV I have a projector mounted on one wall that projects onto the wall opposite it meaning I can't hang paintings there. So I figured I could get some roll-up nicely printed curtains or even normal curtains with textile prints pinned to them to decorate the wall when not watching anything.

Good idea?

I'd place a low bed under those windows and put a shitload of decorative pillows around the edge. Would be an amazing place to read books, take naps or snuggle.

>dont do that
this nigga don't get aesthetics

reminds me of this

Is the switch worth getting?

got that nightstand from someone who was throwing in out, no idea.

>jarrarium

you mean something like this? As long as you are cool with just having plants and some snails in it. It's really easy. I used some aquarium aquasoil, covered it with pebbles and put in some waterweed which cost you like a few bucks at every pet store. I have tried to keep some shrimp in there (neocaridina) and I think there are still some left after 2 months but you really have to do your weakly water changes if you want to have success which that and feed extremely lightly I don't put anything in there actually. If you are okay with putting a heater in it or your area is warm all year around you can try a Beta fish. Kinda hard to point you to any resources because of the guys doing it on youtube don't really know what they are doing or end up just doing a tiny, hard to clean fishtank. If you wanna do that, this guy is the best
youtube.com/watch?v=hGIBa9VcHP4&index=9&list=LLGYL2U1SbSp7srdrcX_33aA&t=1s

I was actually watching this video last night! Thanks friend and thanks for the room inspo

There's a bedroom, I don't need a bed in the living room. I was thinking of something comfy in that nook though, maybe like a low bench thing like this but I think the windows go down too low to fit that.

I was actually thinking lighter unfinished-looking wood to contrast with the floor a bit and then dark wood in the bedroom which has light brown carpet. Wouldn't it look sort of weird to try to match the furniture to the color of the floor?

>There's a bedroom, I don't need a bed in the living room.
I don't mean you'd use it as an actual bed, but as a sofa. If you can find a "sofa" with no back or armrests that would be preferable.

Ok so it sounds like we both had the same idea, then. I guess what I'm looking for is called a day bed?

>day bed
Yeah, that's it. Any low bed with a storage compartment would be pretty great. Avoid any with rims that stick up unless they're really low and cushioned, because you'll want to be able to sit or lie propped up against pillows any way you want without hard edges poking you.

Something like this would also work

hi

looks fucking awful, at least you have good headphones i guess

Where is the bed frame from?

I'll shoot

If that's a living room, assuming your desk and comptuer setup is in your bedroom, what I'd do is

>couch in that left indent
you don't want a couch in the window crevice, you wouldn't be able to look otu the window, and also if your tv is across from the couch glare will be awful
>tv across from couch
ideally flatscreen and wall-mounted, imo having a big entertainment center would ruin the flow of the room
>something comfy in window crevice
Do you have any hobbies? music, art, anything? I'd put my music shit there and just a chair or stool
Another option is putting a dining table there, but if it's bigger than the crevice it would stick out into the main room and be unaesthetic

Not true

ikea
hmmm I guess just don't make it contrast too much or it gets distracting. Go on pintrest and look up what other people are mixing with your kind of floor

I wouldn't have put that shelf on the right.
It limits the size of the TV.
Very nice noneless.

one of the worst rooms i have ever seen but your cade is cute

what city is that?

id say comfy, but its way too messy + get a better chair

Houston. That's the medical center in the background.

How do I make a studio apartment comfy without it looking cheap, cramped or poverty tier? I might have to move into one (New York) within the next year or two.

Fucking yuppies

>yuppies
Would be moving there for underpaying work, not just because.

dreadful

not a beautiful room, but at least you have a pretty cat

>I WANT TO PEE
lmfao user you'e A -OK in my book you do you bro love the synthesizers

Just keep lurking for inspo, see what you like and SAVE the images

I like the glass shelf

>see thread
>immediately clean room
>take photos
>be happy
>never post.

Cut the two middle nails of his back paws. In domestic cats it often gets too long, sometimes even overlap. In either case they can hurt themselves.

Wait for him to sleep heavily and to it quickly. You can hurt him by cutting too short.

I want my apartment to be semi inspired by 80s McDonald’s interior design.

How would I achieve this?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but whats the mattress and bedsheets? Looks comfy, I need new bedding.

Are you me?

I think I got the mattress from Aldi no idea about the bedsheets I just took them with me when I moved out

Go to any garbage bin in your town and you will find a lot of forniture like this.

Yes, if you like it's games. It's only real shortcoming imo is it's battery life, but the majority of the time that's not an issue unless you really love gaming away from home

Not the guy above, but I gotta say I'm extremely jelly of your MS-20

Thanks mane, it's a fun synth with some harsh noises. Skip near the end, the bass is made with my MS20.

clyp.it/f4b3ceey