I don’t get it. Why aren’t you buying quality goods made using quality materials?

I don’t get it. Why aren’t you buying quality goods made using quality materials?

Talk for yourself you pleb

I would but I don't get mommy's credit card to pay for a pair of 90$ socks

ey homes i aint got no money

I do, though. Not mommy and daddy sponsored either.

>le hard goods supply & Co. meme
it pisses me off so much when companies try to do this shit

But I am, since i'm not a poorfag

>Mfw "Trendy Butler" is an actual brand

Why would I wear used clothing when I can get vintage Helmut Lang and 20o6 2009 Rick Owens main line for pennies on the dollar, often NWT.

Reminder that people who sperg about the brand and the quality of material are usually ugly autists who wanna be Veeky Forums but have no fashion sense, so they rely on an encyclopedic knowledge of different brands and materials to give an air of fashionability that's really all just nonsense.

A truly fashionable person could make a fishing shirt or a polyester dress from the thrift store look good.

Fashion has nothing to do with "craft" and everything to do with IMAGE, and despite what certain moralizing faggots will say, that's not a bad thing.
Streetwear was invented by kids, fucking high school kids whose parents were living on dollars and cents.
Fashion cuts across lines of race, gender, and class. It's for everyone. And that's why I love it.

where?

Because "quality" is a noun, not an adjective.

The white people stopped giving me money

>A stylist could make a fishing shirt or a polyester dress from the thrift store look good.
fixd that for you

Yeah, fashion is trash.

>sperging out over a perfectly acceptable regionalism that is literally centuries old

cost per wear can go both ways. sometimes a piece that is of very high quality and build can be intimidating to wear. but at the same time it will probably keep more of a value than something cheaper. at the end of the day though just buy and wear whatever you want

Has it ever occurred to you that some people are genuinely interested in clothing ?

If all that matters to you in fashion is the way you look, that's fine. But don't assume that everyone should share your point of view.

"Quality" as an adjective is indeed a colloquialism dating back centuries, but adspeak made it ubiquitous after "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" was published in 1974. Every huckster in the world wanted to call his product "quality" after that. It's had a good run. Let it die, already.

Good post.

Love the image, now I remember Independent trucks too.

>"i don't understand how language works", the post

>Fashion has nothing to do with "craft"
it is though, chances are you are wearing clothing someone else made, so even if you don't like it, that makes it some sorta dialogue between the designer and the consumer
if you are making your clothing yourself it's even more about the craft
>A truly fashionable person could make a fishing shirt or a polyester dress from the thrift store look good.
Weight on the word COULD, fashionable person might not care for fishing shirt or polyester dress, it might not be his/hers thing. Maybe he has very distinct sense of style and would never put something like that on. Maybe someone like that even cares deeply about the craft and quality craftmanship.
While you have good points you are excluding just as much people as OP is.
>Fashion cuts across lines of race, gender, and class. It's for everyone. And that's why I love it.
>It's for everyone
Exactly, I don't think you really comprehend it though.

Next you're going to call me a "prescriptivist" for objecting to stupid use of language?

Filthy prespcriptivist

ITT: dumb incels try to justify wearing shit owens pieces in real life meanwhile real fashionable people make do with looking good and not overcompensating

>real fashionable people make do with looking good and not overcompensating
See, this just tells about your definition of what's "real fashionable" than anything else. And while there is nothing wrong with your definition, there are as many definitions as there are people, surely you understand that?

It's not even a colloquialism, it's just a regionalism. The usage of "quality" as an adjective is really only stigmatized in America. As for your later post, yeah, I'll absolutely call you a prescriptivist when you act like one, which is what you're doing. At least wear the label proudly.

Real fashionable people craft their own clothes. You can never achieve a truly personal style if you only mix, match and perhaps alter a bit the original creations of other individuals. Prove me wrong turbofaggot.

I use Rakuten and know a few hong kong ebay sellers with long standing reps for stocking top condition product that's ALWAYS genuine.

Shit, I could probably make a thing out of getting shite off of rakuten, then selling it to high end consignment stores.

Many ppl do exactly this. They hunt for bargains and then flip for a profit on Grailed, forums, sales groups or whatever. I did it a few times myself and I'm pretty convinced that if you are serious about it and know what you're doing it can at least earn you enough money to sustain your personal wardrobe.

Consignment stores usually buy your shit at prices that are too low for it to be really worth it though.

I am, and they're cheap as fuck. You just have to know where to look.
Buying from fashion designers or fashion brands is fucking stupid.

>Rakuten
>it can at least earn you enough money to sustain your personal wardrobe
you are adorable

Most of Veeky Forums are brokebois who can't afford anything but H&M, Zara, and Uniqlo. They get triggered by simple, quality goods like Common Projects and Acne denim that anyone with a job can afford.

>acne
>quality

I mean, i'm broke as fuck. I decided to try to do art as a career so you know how that goes. I still save up and get a few quality pieces of clothing every couple of months. If I'm broke as shit and need cheap stuff just to -have- clothing, i generally go for skateboarding brands as at least most of the time they're durable and cheap as fuck as far as things like pants go.

‘Real fashionable’ people work in fashion. Meanwhile 99.99% of the world have better worries than ‘OMG what do i wear today? XD’

You dumb soyboy retard

>Meanwhile 99.99% of the world have better worries than ‘OMG what do i wear today? XD’
everybody from at least highschool up need to think this everyday, or does mommy still pick your outfits?

You can. I seen it done. Timber used to pull that shit all the time, now that I think of it.

Quality isn't expensive. It's just not very fashionable.

you people crack me up. you see a "made in france" "made in italy" "made in USA" and somehow equate that with quality. ive got news for you. if you buy something from china or vietnam, youre getting a shittily sewn garment made by unskilled chink women. if you buy something made in italy, youre getting a shittily sewn garment made by unskilled chink women living in italy. if you want to pay sgnificantly more for option B, be my guest

>unskilled chink women
Those ladies are amazing. I lived in C-Town with a tailor's daughter for a few years, the skill levels of these folks were through the roof.

Ackshually, the use of "quality" as an adjective is so widely accepted, I'm not aware of any stigma. I know by thinking for myself that it's nonsense, since "quality" means "characteristic", and says nothing as an adjective if you don't say what that characteristic is.

Sorry but if you think the rest of the world gives even half a shit of how much you care then you live a shitty sheltered life. Go out there man. Theres more to life than clothes. You sad sad person

>jeans with a crotch blowout and knee tears
I'm sure the material was good but this cunt never washed his jeans
Walmart jeans hold up after years of machine washing
This guy probably spent 200 and purposely wore them out faster

I buy quality clothes only. Quality and durability are as important to me as what it looks like; I'm not rich enough to buy the same things over and over again.

That's kind of what distinguishes fashion enthusiasts from fuccbois, isn't it? If you care what strangers think of you for a split second to the degree where it defines your appearance and enforces the adoption of mass appeal through the inflammation and reinforcement of your own self centered fears and insecurity you don't need fashion.

You need a therapist.

And besides, do you give a shit what the rest of the world is wearing? You really ought not to.

thats all fair but im into this shit for the cool textures weights and materials mainly

Fun fact : you did not even try to prove me wrong. You robust mongoloid.

bla bla bla, talk talk, you talk way too much on here. you are the type of person irl who never shuts up, and loves talking about how awesome they are. yet you never actually do anything.

Ahahahahaha, common projects, nice bait. Too bad you actually literally do think this, because u r the exact type of fool that buys common projects. Lol just picturing you walking around with your little stamps on the outside, oh wait!---I think it's rubbing off a bit, what shall you do now!!/

Can you be insecure any louder? Not everyone knows how much you're threatened by extroverts yet. Which is to say nothing of those moments when a discussion suddenly becomes... out of your depth.

Chin up, user! Talk less shit, read more history and lit!

Gamma males. Am I right?

ALSO - I gotta know - Do you actually think that I'm going to curtail my posting habits to suit your desires? Like, were there moments where you thought that would really happen?

When did you remember the world doesn't revolve around you? Did you remember at all?

FOHHHHHHHH Lmao

Wow, another ten sentences of literal "nothing" from you in response. You literally cannot ever stop shitting out of your mouth can you.

No, I don't. That's my entire point, and you are proving it with each consecutive useless block of writing you excrete out of your mind. It's like you literally think people read your posts.

You can't stop it, either. In fact, You just encouraged me to shart even more nonsense, because fuck it, I say shit that's actually... I dunno.... The domain of more.... established people sometimes, or people with educations, or people with careers or genuine interests in the particulars of the topic at hand....

And there you are, being insecure and trying to shunt those shitty feelings onto someone else. Only, this someone does not care. One bit!

In fact, this person is going to cut several hours out tonight and from now on JUST to shower your fucking board with more text walls than Anna Karenina.

Really, it's gonna be NUTS. Keep going, I can keep on, too!

I don't write them for others, to be honest. I do it largely to practice articulating my own thoughts on a subject before I write about it for people you'll never meet and publications that are meaningless to you.

I enjoy it, though. Not everyone is a skittish little half a fag who gets threatened by a fucking post on a septuagenarian's discount cruise and shuffleboard forum. I get to have the occasional good convo. It's just like summercamp, you know?

Ya look out for each other. Try to have a good time. And besides, I wouldn't want to make anyone mad.

Except we aren't in a "rap battle". We are on an online Fashion community. You don't get points for making the most posts. Your cred just goes down further with every post.

Because we're poor/ Welcome to Veeky Forums

I don't care about your fucking cred dipshit
I was always gonna say my piece NO MATTER WHAT

and then leave.

But now, you've inspired me. I'm gonna stay, not for cred, but JUST TO ANNOY YOU.

For a long time.
Long time.

And one day, you'll realize that sometimes, you need to shut the fuck up and mind your business, because you got shit to say about what I or anyone else is up to here.

selfish prick

u clearly have some sort of psychological disorder.

Take a chill pill lol

Timber has a good eye for stuff though. If your average Veeky Forums poster tried that shit they'd be broke and sitting on a mountain of garbage. I used to buy low and sell high and I definitely made some money but you gotta put in so much effort that it's almost not worth it, especially now that Grailed sucks.

I love how you always go back to that one. You're broken record. You're also prone to maddeningly repetitive speech patterns. I would go as far as to say that it's YOU with the mental problem - Think about it:

Repetitive speech patterns

Awkward phrasing that would only come out of a person with a flattened affect

Slavish dedication preserving your safe space and your familiar routine of 5 word answers and backbiting userbase

Agitated when faced with the unfamiliar

Severe social anxiety manifested in confrontational attitudes towards percieved "Outsiders"

I mean shit, if I could call someone, I'd have you sectioned. your insanity is THAT OBVIOUS.

You need to own your problems, not shunt them off on people with the audacity to go to college and read actual books as entertainment (how cringey!),

Stopped taking those a bit back. (srsly)

I do when I have the money to do so,

I definitely think that people should consider buying quality goods over fast fashion items as they last longer and depending on the type of item can still look good in 20+ 30+ years time. It also feels better if the item is ethically made/goes to support the company and its workers or charity directly which is a bonus for me.

But what it comes down to, if you take care of your clothes and like how they look, they will last you a long time.

Oh yeah, the effort involved is fokking leviathan - unless you're one of a few people who really enjoy keeping up with all that stuff, whereupon you'd be silly not to profit as much as possible.

No, he should take like 3 at least not just one, and I know he has a bottle handy that he gets from his doctor. Someone like this always has some sort of pills that they think can subdue their own mental anguish

I work with troubled teens as a councillor I know how to deal with these types

No, I actually quit all that stuff.
Took months. I doubt you'll believe me without reading fuuka but I'm far away from that shit, and calmer without benzos. They're really foul drugs that ought to be more controlled.

>someone like this
You don't know when I'm trolling, do you?

You know, someone who follows an individual around a forum and nips at their heels with petty bullshit, then samefags themselves so as not to appear alone the matter is probably the more... imbalanced of the two parties.

I mean, you're an obsessive one. I sometimes post here just tp see how long it takes for you to pause boku no pico and start whining about the sudden appearance of multi-syllabic words on your anime board.

You never disappoint. You're not getting any better at samefagging, tho.

Just takes a minute to check your IP, and it makes you looks SO MUCH worse! really, it's like a running joke sometimes.

Get a new hobbby. Really.

>CP & Acne
>Good
Literally fucking pick one you plebian piece of shit. If I'm going to run around wearing memes, at least make them baby's first paycheck tier: saint laurent, ackermann, or moncler.

Read the first sentence and tied it up with shit flick in the pic. Didn’t have to read any further. This is just some poor kid that thrifts and discoverd fashion a few months ago.

Lmao newfag trip thinks using Rakuten is a cool secret club. Probably just another Grailed kid.

>newfag
>trip

He isn't using a tripcode, you dumb newfag.

Actually I personally never gave two thoughts to you or your tripname, I saw it a couple times like months ago, and then saw it some more, but never actually "noticed" you. Until a few weeks ago, where you were making some pointless posts that were just overly anecdotal and egotistical. And then I started noticing you would freak out in the comments and other users (not me) would be telling you to stop acting like a child basically, I ignored that too, until the last thread of leather jackets, where you legit sperged out and people started callin you out on your over the top schizo posts and egotism. I now notice you, and so now here we are. I guess that is what you want though, for someone, or anyone to please notice you. Because why else would make all these posts. I am just trying to talk to you on a normal level, but it appears to be pointless. Whether your performing a "schtick" or not, it's irrelevant, because the "schtick" is just not entertaining. There's a difference between witty and entertaining, and be annoying. It's called: Dynamics. And every good performer understands how to use them to create contrast.

Yo again, it isn't a trip, call him a namefag, but he isn't a tripfag, this is basic shit for this website; c'mon son.

Why would I care what you think my motivations are? You think you're like some kind of fucking BENCHMARK for what makes a valid or egotistical post?

FFS, are you self aware at all? How much self importance one needs to dictate this shit to strangers?

I don't give a flying fuck what you think! I don't want to entertain you! Shit, I'm more worried about entertaining myself! You're a fucking extra in this movie, you don't get to tell me what my motivations are. You don't.

FFS, "performer"? I'm bored. I don't care if you notice me. Why the fuck would I?

You know what your post was? A fucking DAMNING look inside the motivations behind how you live life on the daily, and just how vital external approval is for you own continued stability and overall sense of well being.

It's fucked up. You actually think this way? You really think that other people are twisted in the same way you are? Why do you even address me? I don't want your attention or approval. You're probably boring and mediocre, no matter how well you dress. I look at your posts, and I SINCERELY doubt you even know how to dance, run game on a bitch, or do anything that might risk you not fitting in.

God, the people here. They're either absolutely brilliant and would be bros 4 lyfe, or they're one of you.

You.

Ugh.

There are some American style guides that are critical of it. Anyway, quality has two meanings: "characteristic," and "worth, value, caliber." When people use quality it's almost always very clear from the context that they're using it in the second sense, and furthermore that they're using "quality" as shorthand for "high quality."

It's only "nonsense" if, like the previous poster said, you do not understand how language works.

Yeah been there done that
Rakuten is garbage for the most part, huge fees and shipping, generally worse prices and you need to shift through loads of garbage
I have made enough money reselling to sustain my on wardrobe, bought whole bunch of other shit with the resale money as well and paid my rent twice with it.
Right now I'm saving up cause I'm going to visit Japan next summer to make some cops for resale. Bought the flights with resale money.

Quality Post, user

>tfw you will never be the cool token black kid who sk8boards and bangs whiteys gf with his permission

wheres my oxy pills

So let's take OP's words and test your theory:

>Why aren’t you buying (worth, value, caliber) goods made using (worth,value, caliber) materials?

>2005
>newfag
>using a name
>tripfag
>demanding user posts from all users
>not a megalomaniacal schizo--affective self important homebound FAS poster child