Tips for Saving Money

Anyone have any real tips to save money? I'll start with stuff I found helpful:
> Turn off AC during the day
Leaving it on is 375% less efficient contrary to popular belief. The starting and stopping is terribly expensive, better to have it just go for 30 minutes
> Turn off a ceiling fan when you're not in the room
A fan doesn't actually make the room cooler, it just makes it FEEL cooler
> Don't ever get a car payment
Very self explanatory. Cars depreciate like crazy, there's virtually no difference between a $5k car and a $25k car.

>Tips of saving money

Easy, earn more money.

Saving money is retarded because there's always a hard cap on it, you can't really drop down expenses below a certain point, and if you wipe out the major ones even saving an additional $100/month gets very hard. Whereas earning more is unlimited, you could easily earn $100 more a week with almost no effort no matter what position in life you're in.

Or you could just do a bit of both. Earning $100 a month might be difficult for some people but cancelling your cable is a phone call.

>Or you could just do a bit of both

Well yeah, I'm assuming you're not doing retarded shit like spending $100's per month on restaurants when your monthly income is

>Pick fruits from the city's trees
>Don't pay for internet or have a computer, just go to the library/borrow a pc and download what you need then copy/paste into an e-reader
>don't buy storage/HDD's/ or flashdrives, just 128gb sd card for e-reader and 50 free gb on Mega as back-up
>take care of things, for example I've been using the same cheap toothbrush for 5 years now
>keep hair short and use cheap industrial soap for full body
>don't eat any processed food or additives, avoid addictive substances. Don't use toothpaste since you don't have to remove any corrosive stuff
>use the park as a gym, since it has pull up bar/hills and trees
>use military clothes since they are the most reliable and durable (not for work tough, you should spend your money where it counts, buy a nice suit), >inb4 autism, just don't buy the camouflage stuff, there is plenty of military clothing that can pass as normal clothes
>don't have any heating or cooling devices since I train my body to endure extreme temperatures
>don't use any gas or electricity since I eat all my food raw, and do my juices manually ( I cook meat with a solar grill, which you can build yourself)
>use only cold water
>eat healthy so you don't have to buy meds,etc
>use solar panels for miscellaneous stuff
>currently trying to learn how to shave with a knife
>hide my lifestyle and appear normal so I don't get locked up in a mental institution
Don't follow any of the things I suggested,it makes everyone cringe and it's insane I just thought I could share though

Wanna know what's easier? Just using the internet to watch shows/sports highlights. I don't need or want cable, and that's $100 I'm putting into a early retirement account.

That's while doing random e-lance jobs, and Uber. Saving money and living frugally is easier than creating a new source of income. It's much easier to not do something than to start doing something, after all.

Buy everything you can from Costco. They will take back anything that isnt a tv/ computer no questions asked and give you a full refund. Want a new mattress every few years? No probem. Feel guilty about eating 10 lbs of filet mignon? Dont, theyll refund you the cost so you can buy another 10 lbs.

Need furniture and a new grill for your new apartment. Cool, just return that shit when youre ready to move out.

here's my list

>live with others. I live with my parents
>mitigate energy use
>fix only what is broken
>cook instead of going out
>every paycheck, 200 into savings
>learn to cut your hair
>internet = entertainment
>library = books
>craigslist = free shit (desk)
>exercise = weights and cycle
>DE razer instead of disposables
>milsurp clothing a best
>stall 2 weeks for any big purchases. usually, they are impulse buys
>stop buying small inconsequential junk
>phone protector + sd card for phone
>thinkpad is still running for 8 years
>maintain a positive image; gets you jobs and relationships
>buy a new used car
>hustle. find new ways to earn money

here's something else I learned.
when there is a sale for X item for 20 instead of 30 dollars, you didn't save 10 dollars; you got punk'd into spending 20.

go to the library or work somewhere with A/C. starting anything from zero requires relatively massive effort/energy

depends on the car really. certain cars can actually appreciate in price.

I agree with this mentality.

I don't know why people still have cable. Internet, I can see a reason to having.

I agree with some of your suggestions but holy shit, some of those lol.
fuck that noise. that's just brutal

buying in bulk is a nice idea, especially for families. But you have to watch out for waste. you invested in a freezer yet?

>Wanna know what's easier? Just using the internet to watch shows/sports highlights. I don't need or want cable, and that's $100 I'm putting into a early retirement account.

Yes I know, I don't do that.

I'm just saying once you get out of obvious ones like that it gets VERY VERY hard to cut down even a further $100

Drink your own piss to cut down on your water bill.

Sell options on volatile stocks a few days before expiry.

>take caffeine pills instead of your premium coffee. it goes from $4.00 per serving to $.02 per serving.
>buy hair clippers and cut your own hair. i've been doing this for the past 3 years and have saved hundreds on the cost of haircuts. no you don't have to just have a buzzcut, you can style your own hair as well, see youtube for some tutorials
>if you drive, learn how to change your own oil and air filter. it's easier than you'd think. again youtube.
>use your computer for entertainment. you can download movies/music/ebooks/audiobooks for free via torrents. there's no need to ever purchase a cd or dvd in 2016.
>take shits at work or at school. let them pay for your toilet paper. if you're at work you're also on the clock getting paid to shit, so this is a twofer.

I owe $6,000 on my work Truck, but it's only 1.75 interest.

Should I pay it off so I can get cheaper insurance (drop comprehensive) or should I do something else with 6k?

Scam places like home depot and amazon.com for free shit, saves you money from buying it in the first place.

Plus... when you go to prison, you can save tons on rent and food!

A hair cut is 12 bucks and you maybe get one every 2-3 months. How much are you spending on your hair cut?

how would you go to prison, the workers there are retarded, plus I only do legit shit that you cant get caught for.

if youre going to finance a car just buy used. i bought a trailblazer for 7600 with only 66k miles on it. paid off in a year and a half, its still under 100k miles and is still in excellent shape.

>there's virtually no difference between a $5k car and a $25k car.
lol ok pal

This is true though.

its incredibly margin returns.

From 5k onward it's pretty much non-existent returns in terms of practical value.

A $15k car is no different than a $10k car despite costing 50% as much.

A $50k car is no different from a $25k car... despite costing $25,000 MORE! It doens't function any better, it doesn't get you to work any quicker.

A $5k used car is going to require way more maintenance and repairs costs than a $25k brand new car.

>haircut every 2-3 months
How fucking unemployed/ugly are you

Way more? No, you may get 3-4 more years from a 25k car, but that's absolutely not worth it.

>A $5k used car is going to require way more maintenance and repairs costs than a $25k brand new car.

Not necessarily.

Depends on model and whether it's a foreign car or not. If it is - Enjoy your much higher parts costs

idk you tell me

Also depends on if the previous owned beat the fuck out of it.

Looking good, would hire

BCR Electric ? I'm not sure, seems a little sketchy, I better give them a just in case...

how to scam these places

This.

Financing a car was one of the worst decisions of my life. At the time, my thinking was, "leasing doesn't make any sense because you have nothing to show for it; you never own the car."

So I financed a car for 14k. It wasn't a large monthly payment but when all was said and done, I dumped such an unbelievable amount of money into that car's maintenance and repairs and sold it for $6k.

>mfw I should have just fucking leased

Oh yeah and...

>mfw I buy a cheap $3k beater and the fucking thing is a tank
>mfw the car started smoking one day and I thought it was going to cost me a fortune to fix
>mfw $200 to fix and the fucking thing is still running

This car has actually saved me money. Hate that it's such a junk-bucket and my friends make fun of me for it, but my savings account literally thanks me every time I make a deposit.

No really. It fucking says "thank you" on the bottom of my ATM receipt. It fucking thanks me!

>take caffeine pills instead of your premium coffee. it goes from $4.00 per serving to $.02 per serving.

Nigga are you me??

what model car is it? Im still driving my 1997 nissan sentra..

It's a 2004 Dodge Stratus. It's ugly as all shit with peeling paint and rust and shit, but the engine is in good shape. It started smoking that day because the thermostat housing broke. Was an easy and inexpensive fix.

On my last car something like that would have cost me maybe 4x as much.

I've never loved and simultaneously hated a car so much. Love that for the first time in years I've got an actual savings account with money in it and an emergency fund and even some money to invest in memestocks for the lulz... but hate how ugly the car is.

I feel as though I am reading my own post.

Generally it only applies if you have bought something from them and want it replaced but its way past warranty. You simply buy another one and send old one back for refund

Let's say I have $3-5k saved up, what now?

Invest it in something?

If I had that thick head of hair I'd let it flow for days. However mine has thinned since I got out of high school. Receding hairline and thinning on the top. I'm 27 now and I have to keep it short so it's not nearly noticeable and I still look young. I usually cut it every month or so.

Also as an added bonus, it saves you valuable time. Cutting your hair at home in 10 minutes, or driving across town, sitting and waiting for everyone to finish, hopping in the chair and listening to some dumb bimbo complain about her boyfriend, takes upwards of an hour.

>turn off ac
live in a cold place, dont even have one
>turn off ceiling fan
cold place
>car payment
bought a used car under value (2005 Chrysler crossfire 17k miles, $11,500) and could probably sell it for the same or more money with 50k miles added onto it

here's my list:
>go on a diet you fat fuck, food can be expensive
>make your own coffee/lunch at home
>buy clothes off of aliexpress
>do your own car maintenence
>don't have a gf
>rent a house/room where utilities are covered and mine crypto
>invest in meme stocks
>pregame before heading out to bar ALWAYS

>I'm assuming you're not doing retarded shit like spending $100's per month on restaurants when your monthly income is

>Have a 1998 Keep GC I bought for $1.2k in 2006
>Shit still runs, but cosmetically falling apart
>Must have put maybe 4k in maintenance/repair in the 10 years I've driven it
>Looking at replacing with another newer GC

start up your own local business

>aliexpress

out of curiosity how do you guys make money? what are your jobs and how did you get there

I'm a server and a some what high class restaurant. On some days I'll get up to 110 bucks in tips. I'll work a 6.5 hour shift too, so it's not that bad.

This.
It' makes a hell of a lot more sense to go buy
a car for 20k, with 15k down.
It'll be under warranty, they usually do some sort
of maintenance gimmick and do your oil and shit
for free. Free car wash whenever you want it.
Some do 0%APR for X amount of months.
Get's better gas mileage.
Will last longer than older cars, statistically.

Literally why wouldn't you do this.

because there are exceptions to the "rule" of statistics. not all cars are made the same; some last longer than others.

Learn how to cook.

When you learn how to make a meal that tastes like 20$ at a restaurant but is made from 4$ worth of ingredients at home you're doing it right. Make large batches and freeze most, always having different stuff in freezer so you don't have to eat the same thing for a week.

This. Plus it drops panties left and right if you can cook even the most basic of things for someone.