Historical Accuracy

I'd like to discuss the historical accuracy of the the new GoT episode, Battle of the Bastards.

Now it's not perfect, but there were many elements I found very intriguing, moreso in that they decided to include certain aspects of medieval warfare in the episode. First one that just really stood out was Jon Snow being buried by dead bodies and trampled on in the chaos of his army being surrounded. As we are probably aware, medieval battle was hardly an organized or clean affair and that particular part of the scene really showed the suffocation, dread, and helplessness of what happens when so many bodies come together and fight in hand to hand combat.

The cavalry charge in the beginning really impressed me with how the horses and riders after charging basically were running amok just smashing into anything. The use of archers was also very welcoming even if they overplayed a bit the ruthlessness of Ramsay to shoot into his own men.

The shields and pikes, while too reminiscent of 300, was also very well put together in how they functioned and fought. I think there is a common thought that battles were very "fighty" when in reality many times it was just large groups of bodies smashing about or shields pushing back people with the occasionally prodding, stabbing, and poking with long arms, swords if someone got too close.

Overall it was pretty accurate, a bit of warfare overlap, but the sizes of the army I found also to be sensible and not ridiculous. Nobody having helmets kind of bothered me but not really a deal breaker.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Impressions?

>Historical Accuracy
>Game of Thrones

IT

IS

A

FANTASY

SHOW,

FUCKING

IDIOT.

Nice contribution. I know it's a fantasy show, dumbass, but to suggest the scene wasn't based on a real historical era is asinine. I want to discuss the elements of history they chose to incorporate and the efficacy of it. As it pertains to medieval warfare.

>but to suggest the scene wasn't based on a real historical era is asinine.

What is asinine is you, apparently.

>I want to discuss the elements of history they chose to incorporate...

What elements of history?

>... and the efficacy of it.

The efficacy of what in relation to what?

>As it pertains to medieval warfare.

What pertains to medieval warfare?

>Historical Accuracy
>Game of Thrones.
inb4 Samefag.

You need to go back to your containment board in either Veeky Forums or /tv/.

Are you retarded? Learn to read.

>implying Veeky Forums isn't just a containment board for the egotistical of people.

Learn to think.

You need to take that giant dragon dildo out of your ass and contribute or fuck off.

What the OP is suggesting isn't ridiculous, for example; I enjoyed seeing the pikemen and the shield bearers being two separate things working as a unit.

See? Not so hard.

Learn to read and then you can have an opinion on other's posts. There was nothing up in the air that your little diatribe suggests.

They have a giant

Boom, there goes your historical accuracy.

It's not fucking historically accurate you cum guzzling dipshit. The series is completely fantasy meaning that people didn't do the stuff they do in the show. It is realistic however. But you're apparently too stupid and just want people to wank to your favorite fucking tv show on Veeky Forums.

You need to learn the difference between history, and fiction.

Just because a work of fiction incorporates elements of the real world doesn't make the fiction historical.

To talk of the historical accuracy of a work of fantastic fiction is ridiculous, and you deserve to be laughed at for even suggesting it.

Yes and the swords, pikemen, and shields are therefore fantasy like elves, goblins and werewolves.

Your mind must be so small and limited to write off everything else as fantasy because there was a single giant in it.

>Fictional characters use technology that exists or existed in real life, therefore this fiction is historical.

Kill yourself.

You faggots deserve each other.

>It is realistic however.
>incorporates elements of the real world

So either discuss the accuracy of the realistic elements they incorporated or go back to sucking each other's cocks like the enormous worthless faggots you both are.

You don't know what accuracy means, right?

Holy shit. I now see that Veeky Forums truly is nothing more but a containment board for the most autisitc of autists.

>therefore this fiction is historical.
I'm really enjoying the mental gymnastics, the hoops you're jumping through, to rant this hard on something you clearly don't care about.

Who said it was historical? Point to where it was said GoT is historical.

I can easily pinpoint where in the OP the suggestion was to discuss the historical accuracy of the episode, suggesting to discuss the historical aspects of it, but that doesn't say in any way that the show itself is historical.

Like I already knew, you are a complete waste of space, time, and effort as you've proven yourself to be an illiterate worthless piece of shit that enjoys sucking cock like the faggot he is.

>Who said it was historical?

>I'd like to discuss the historical accuracy of the the new GoT episode...

Doesn't say the show itself is historical.

Dumb worthless illiterate faggot piece of shit.

Ok, buddie.

I would never become "buddies" with a moron.
Good day.

>but to suggest the scene wasn't based on a real historical era

>hurr dey used swords and bows and arrows!
>so med-e-eval!

>It is realistic however

>elves, giants, magic

>your aim
>your foot

I really hate GoT and everyone that likes it. This thread only adds to my disdain.

>Let's shoot my own cavalry
>Let's waste the most expensive, mobile part of my army

The kid should have kept his father around

So, why didn't davos or anyone else break through when they were being surrounded by a slow moving phalanx?

It's a shitty fantasy setting in which some sausage gobbler and "15 good men" can take out an army. It's written for drama and profit. Disregard any pretense for realism in it, as much as they may try to sell the realism aspect of it.

You're so autistic it's incredibly sad and pathetic.

You just are incapable of judging the merits of this episode and this one scene on its own without talking about the entire series.

Did that not happen in real life? Wouldn't there often be collateral damage in medieval warfare or the straight out sacrifice of troops due to either incompetence or bad judgment?

You sure do like calling everyone autistic because they don't want to discuss a scene from a shitty TV series. You can hardly fucking see what the army is doing, this thread is without a lot of merit.

Pretty much this

I like calling you an autist because you're an autistic tard.

tbqh senpai your fixation on autism makes it more likely that you are one.

You're fixation on defending yourself from being called an autist shows that you're an autistic tard.

>Destroyed the thread.

Go and post on some other topic if you dislike this one, you literal piece of shit.

M8 just cuz your thread is shit you don't have to be mad

>army just allowing itself to get boxed in by pikes

absolutely disgusting

ONE Giant?
Lucky bastards, Carthage had a much bigger CGI budget.