When is it appropriate to wear a graphic tee?

When is it appropriate to wear a graphic tee?

black

When you're 12 years old

When you don't care about the opinion of some shit dressed losers on a dead fashion board.

>no Vidya t-shi-

>minimal/subtle designs
> like a half naked dude with a fucking mohawk
nigga what

I own this shirt. IRL it's a darker grey and the Wings logo is faded. Does this pass the 'not obnoxious' band t-shirt design test?

I was actually thinking of getting a quake shirt recently desu

Is youtube merch ok?

looks bad

well don't

>places you've actually been
no, and it's appropriate in casual circumstances during the summer as long as it doesn't look like total trash

what do u wear bro I'm just curious, u seem like a no fun kinda dude

Would be better if it said buffalo wild wings

Personally my favourite quake is 2 so I'm gonna get something like this.
You?

I like q3, I'm a tf2 fag so about an hour of some light ffa action on quake makes me go from mediocre to god on tf2. Dont get me wrong tho, I suck shit at quake but it's pretty fun

>implying this isn't the most Veeky Forums shirt of all time

fuck no

I used to design streetwear for men and women, it was a natural offshoot of graffiti. I oversaw the ink blending, got the company to spring for screen printed tags and got a bunch of art onto the chests of skateboarding supreme zombies and a few coke dealers my boss knew from back in the 90's. Pic is from one of our photo shoots.

Don't ever, ever, ever wear a graphic tee.

Ever.

No garment's functionality or intrinsic beauty should be overridden by an image. You're a billboard at that point. No matter the image.

>dope co

Why would I wear shirts targeted towards these types of people anyway? You're not making a very convincing argument by showing one graphic tee with a bad design and then condemning them all

pic related is the epitome of fashion

I'm trying to say my opinion may carry weight cause I got time working in the industry and oughta be thinking that graphic tees have a place in your wardrobe seeing as I spent years working with them and know the industry.

And yet, after all that, I STILL think they suck shit.

All of them.

I added a piece of an old line's photoshoot as a form of credentials, a way to say "hey, I might have a valid opinion on this". That is all.

Well, I getcha, there's not much I can meaningfully extract still as why not to wear them aside from the fact that you've been in the industry and you say you don't like them. I'm not deep into fashion at all, I'm just an autist whose looking to look semi decent/normie, so if you're referring to a more high fashion sense kinda of thing, then I getcha, but I don't think having or enjoying wearing something you like on a t shirt on your body is a bad thing at all. I don't wear anime shirts for instance, but I like to see people who wear them because they're brave or uncaring enough to do so and it allows me to know what they like at first glance, and it's kinda fun seeing what some people will wear. I usually opt for more subtle things personally. But maybe my PoV disqualifies me?

>Don't ever, ever, ever wear a graphic tee.
where does one draw the line though
what about embroidery?
what about sewn in panels?
what if those mentioned things are abstract shapes? what if they border on colorblocking?
I get the idea and I guess it's kinda nitpicking but I don't know if it's really much of a rule to go by

Your experience QUALIFIES you, not the other way around. I think what I'm getting at is that after a certain point, fashion becomes about this image you're constructing, oh so carefully, that you wish to use as a silent communicator of sorts. After all, a good outfit speaks a thousand words, and sets you apart.

If you've been toiling away on your OWN brand for who knows how long, the last thing you wanna do is wear someone else's.

That's just my take on it though, and my needs are different than yours.

My rule is to ask what merit the garment would have without the image on it. If the image is the best thing the garment has to offer, then it ain't offering much, IMHO.

Panels and patches are dope, just apply with a plan in mind.

It's Robert Deniro from taxi driver lmfao. That meme is incredibly misguided

>walking advertisement
But by wearing brand clothes you're pretty much already advertising them...