Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Previous thread: >inb4 MGT gainz

New discord:
discord.gg/014ltGikYSyiJX1xG
Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
If you are not into robinhood - stockbrokers.com/offers

FAQ regarding Robinhood
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
(It is also pretty basic software)
> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).
> It has been X days, why is my account not verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.
> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.
> If I have Robinhood do I need to worry about 'Free riding' violations?
No, it is not applicable for limited margin accounts (instant), and if you do not have instant, RH will not let you buy with unsettled funds.
> Can I use Robinhood on my PC?
Yes, download an android emulator. Setup is extremely easy. memuplay.com/

FAQs tangentially related to Robinhood:
> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, TradingView, Investing.com, and even StockTwits all have charting capabilities.

Other urls found in this thread:

calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
pcmag.com/news/344831/virnetx-goes-after-apple-for-imessage-facetime
fool.com/investing/2016/06/14/why-virnetx-holding-corporation-stock-skyrocketed.aspx
prnewswire.com/news-releases/caldwell-cassady--currys-brad-caldwell-named-intellectual-property-trailblazer-300278774.html
ir.ceruleanrx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=975602
discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aqhttps://discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aqhttps://discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aqhttps://discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aq
discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aq
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ
streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Pernix Therapeutics (PTX) Announces Significant Data from Silenor Phase IV vs. Zolpidem/11746230.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Discord here:

First for we need a nonmeme stock /rgt/

fuck your thread we still had 150 bumps left on the other one. It would have lasted until premarket this is why we have 6 threads a day you motherfucking faggots

SPY?

We need a Slack group, yo

calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]

That's not in the spirit of Veeky Forums :^) half the rush is knowing you profited off of shitposters.

naah discord is good

>calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]

fuckin lol

>Earnings report. If you're a shitty person, hope for more shootings.

kek

meant for

Thanks for the (You). Really hope the calendar can make it on the OP from now on so I can stop shilling. Got both /rgt/ threads open. Trying to play catch up because you guys switch your memes on the daily.

if u make new one with a good picture, i will delete this post (OP)

just copy that discord link i had

really loving VICL and LPCN. these two are going to fix what is wrong in the world.

VHC will be my last trade

Trading is is just way too stressful for me.

why dont you just delete this thread and wait for the other one to die

>why dont you just delete this thread
i feel like i'm a parasite and my host is about to be murdered.

VCH DD motherfuckers.

Writeup on current VCH trial with Apple:

pcmag.com/news/344831/virnetx-goes-after-apple-for-imessage-facetime

Current stock trend writeup:

fool.com/investing/2016/06/14/why-virnetx-holding-corporation-stock-skyrocketed.aspx

Info on lawyers leading VHC in ongoing trial with Apple (successful motherfuckers) :

prnewswire.com/news-releases/caldwell-cassady--currys-brad-caldwell-named-intellectual-property-trailblazer-300278774.html

VHC***

FIRST FOR MGT

Holy shit, thank you.
A constructive, helpful post that has interesting content. Keep it up Veeky Forumsbro
>we all gonna make it

I miss Sixkeks

He was a better tripfag than this Noko guy.

BRKA tomorrow right boys?

Add a ceru meeting on 21st of this month.
>ir.ceruleanrx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=975602

> wants a non-meme stock

Son do you know where you are?

I'm just trying to get you guys some solid gains
>Sell $VHC on open
>Go all in on $CJES
Limit sell @ $40 and I'll see ya on the moon

FALSE NOKO, BLASPHEMY!

Yeah right, CJES isn't going anywhere.

CJES is going to be worth $40/share, its a long term play. My dad just bought 200,000 shares. New CEO has a record for turning companies around quickly, probably three weeks.

This is not blasphamy I called CPXX and others

yawn

Got bitcoins bitches ?

AA

VCH is already priced in.

Didn't you shitbags learn anything from TTNP?

Wait so what is going on with VCH

Are we holding until next week for the trial shit to happen and sell at 15 dollarydoos or are we jumping ship.

MEMES ASIDE. I used my child's college fund for this.

Is sixkeks kill?

NEW THREAD >>
NEW THREAD >>
GET IN HERE BOYS!

Where do you guys get your news/info? I'm just starting out and I want to jump on board CJES as it's pretty cheap and all I have is pocket change from my summer job. I wanna read about this a bit first though.

discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aqhttps://discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aqhttps://discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aqhttps://discord.gg/014fDbZ8P7TQWX8Aq

This is the official discord. Has more members. Don't get memed on.

It spiked yesterday.

There will be a sell off after the news release next week.

>I used my child's college fund for this
I sincerely hope you're trolling, otherwise, kys
Sell your $VCH on open and immediately put all your money into $CJES and wait. When the news comes next week, $CJES goes to $41/share and you'll be swimming in vagina

sheeit, it said it was too old,

make deh new one whenever dis hits like 300 or whatever

Fuck sold mgt today at ~2.90

Whats the news with CJES? Why is it going to go up?

the threads dont die at 300. You can post till 500. It says 'bump limit reached' for some reason but it keeps bumping

I'm trolling. CJES is garbage. dont rely on posters here, check your sources. CJES is going bankrupt, got a new CEO and the share price tanked even further. The current meme pick is VHC but its gonna take some patience. >don't invest in penny stocks you cum guzzling mouth breathing retard

Kek, thanks for giving it to me straight, I wouldnt invest until I checked the information people give me here first. I just like getting tips here, even if i need to sift through the trolls. Besides VHC any reccomendations for tomorrow?

What do you guys think of VMEM and NVCN?

MGT the way to go

When you guys say VCH, do you mean Charles Voegele Holding AG or VirnetX Holding Corporation

Hey sticker bitch

Already got an eye on it. Thanks man

VirnetX Holding Corporation
VHC

too drunk to be on biz, im just being an ass tonight. good luck on your plays tomorrow boys. I ought to stop raging about all the board shit but this week Veeky Forums has been full of garbage. usually I find it a decent forum to bounce ideas. either way, good luck tomorrow everyone

o/ I'm in on VHC at 5.98 and I have my sell set for $7. do what you want with that info.

VirnetX is what ive been watching

Buy AA and walk away is what i always say.

Buy it when and walk away when? Or by walk away do you mean leave it alone and never cash out?

Just start a small position. If it goes down around 9.00 add more then hold until right before split

Sorry Im new to this terminology, what do you mean right before the split?

AA is supposed to split into two different companies later this year. One company will be smelting aluminum another company will be doing the casting of aluminum.

If you own AA shares at the time of the split you will get shares of each company they are spliting into.

The split has hit a little snag on some Australian company trying to stop the split, but i have a feeling the split will happen.

10 stocks we like better than VirnetX Holding Corporation
When investing geniuses David and Tom Gardner have a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the newsletter they have run for over a decade, Motley Fool Stock Advisor, has tripled the market.*

David and Tom just revealed what they believe are the ten best stocks for investors to buy right now… and VirnetX Holding Corporation wasn't one of them! That's right -- they think these 10 stocks are even better buys.

Click here to learn about these picks!

*Stock Advisor returns as of June 3rd, 2016
>please don't buy this stock, pay us to tell you what other stocks to buy
So buy vhc

Okay, so in theory do I want to keep holding through the split and sell after it, or sell just before?

I told you to make a gear general. These /rgt/ threads are too much drama

I would sell some before and hold a little through the split. After that i would look at each financial condition of each company and share structure and then go from there.

I don't really wan't to hold what ever company gets all the debt nor a company with a big float

Very interesting, thank you so much for this advice. Sorry to be uneducated on this, but what is a big float? Also if I had 50 shares before the split, would I in theory have 50 shares of each company after the split? Or 25 of each?

>emotional trading
JUST

This

I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks

The split ratio hasn't been addressed yet I don't think.

A big float is pretty much a bunch of shares on the market. If there is 100m shares to a company making 1billion a year compared to a company that has 500m shares making the same amount of 1billion a year. I rather own the company that has the 100m shares due to supply and demand of the shares. in theory the shares should be worth more due to the low amount of shares available and the profit the company makes.

most people are too lazy to look into share structure but it is important to the growth of your stock.

Ditto im an insomniac and live on the west coast. I have yo wake up after getting 4-5 hours of sleep to exploit those market openining dips and babysit my more volatile meme stocks. It leaves me drained by the time the market closes at 1pm and I still have half the day left.

>tfw my body naturally wakes me up around 6:20am and then I nudge my boyfriend into spooning position, then I trade for a couple of hours until things seem stable enough to leave it, then I fall back asleep in his arms

it's the life brehs

to be fair, you probably won't see any real return on VHC until the trial in, what, two weeks?

All currently bagholding VHC are probably better off just selling and looking at different stocks in the meantime. Just keep an eye on VHC for any upward momentum, especially as the trial gets closer.

NUGT a good buy with Brexit looming? It went up 10% today...

Naah, that was only cause fed

NUGT won't be affected by Brexit much

look into FXE or other stocks that track Euro

maybe go long EUR, and short GBP (only short term)

definitely volatility coming for Brexit, so VXX, UVXY, TVIX might all spike around the 23rd

would you mind telling me why the Fed announcement would make NUGT speculation shoot up? Didnt they decide to do nothing?

Gold would have been worth more if they decided to raise interest rates, or am I wrong?

>Gold would have been worth more if they decided to raise interest rates, or am I wrong?
It would have been worth less because people often invest in precious metals to safeguard against inflation, and raising interest rates makes people worry less about inflation.

bruh u should probably understand the fundamentals of money and currency before u get into this

this playlist is really good
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ

the guy is a pretty big gold shill, but he makes good videos

ty

I am just beginning my finance degree and I intend to nail this shit down

so many fucking millenial armchair economists spewing bullshit these days and I just know that 99.9% of them are talking out of their ass

BAX and EW? Both are solid if you have time to long

np, good luck m8

So why is everyone dropping PTX? Isn't it going to be merged soon?

I can't remember which thread but someone mentioned it might delist tomorrow. If it is still around on Monday I might get back into it.

MGT BOYS

what's the plan?

What are we looking at today boys

Hope MGT dips then recovers. Buy at it's dip and hope to god you willing to risk some money. BTW does anyone wonder who dropped $MGT? Muh thoughts goto gear lol...Cuz muh VHC TANKD LIKE A FUCKIN BITCH HOLD HOLD HOLD HE SAYS

I was holding it for weeks and dropped it in the morning before the huge surge. Kill me

>MGT dips

Dips to what? It's at around $3 right now

Ahaha PTX

ITS HAPPENING

holy shit 30% premarket. Blastoff?

CHECK VOLUME.

WHY THE FUCK DID I SELL YESTERDAY?!?!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I did the same thing bro. I am suicidal right now

where the fuck can i see premarket volume.

CRASH AFTER OPEN SO I CAN JUSTIFY SELLING IT REEEEEEE

I was the user that lost 1.3k.

M O T H E R F U C K this shit

Hahahaha what a fucking loser.

Kys please.

Thinkorswim

PTX volume exploded to 640k pre-market.
WHY? Did some news come out?

Ptx taking off after news

Think PM volume almost 1 mill

Pls no bully. Not in the mood to argue. Hungover.

streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Pernix Therapeutics (PTX) Announces Significant Data from Silenor Phase IV vs. Zolpidem/11746230.html

SHOULDA HELD A FEW DAYS MORE

but the dip on PTX then? or buy at open? or just ignore since its already sailed

PTX probably won't dip significantly on open, I think.

already sailed then?