Hair straightening?

So I have really frizzy, kinda wavy hair. I've managed to make it look somewhat better, but I wanted to know if any of you has tried any hair straightening methods, such as relaxers, keratin and so on. Any recommendations? Btw it's not the wavy part that bothers me, but how frizzy it gets sometimes

Keep your curly, frizzy hair, bro. I have hair straighter than an arrow and it's such a drag

Why would you want frizzy hair? Trust me, you don't

I fucking hear this from everyone I ever complain to about curly hair, nobody fucking gets it. You have to wake up ever day with ridiculous hair frizz that you need to shower or spray with water just to actually leave the house, you're always getting split ends and dry hair, when the weather is windy or wet or really humid your hair just frizzes on its own and looks like shit, and you can never EVER play with it or have someone touch it because it just ends up looking like shit.

You can try doing a reverse perm (basically having the perming shit on your head but they pull your hair straight and brush it) but in my experience it just relaxes it slightly and dries your hair out a fuckload. Straightening irons obviously work but as soon as it gets wet you're fucked, not tried any expensive shit because honestly I gave up with the hope of straighter hair long ago.

Good post

>you can never EVER play with it or have someone touch it because it just ends up looking like shit.
Also I can relate to this, sadly

stop using shampoo, just rinse with conditioner and you'll get rid of the frizz, make sure to also comb your hair while it's wet and style it afterwards with your hand. Actual treatments to straighten your hair will damage it.

go to the saloon and ask for a straightening procedure

I've done it and it looks much better

Thanks, I'll try this first. If I don't see any results I'll go with

left haircut looks way better

Took me forever to figure out how to make my hair look good (curly, dry afro-esque).

1. You can wash your hair, once a week is good using a sulphate free shampoo

2. You can use conditioner if you want, it isn't necessary - see 5.

3. Don't fully dry your hair with a towel, just press a towel against it a few times to get the excess water out of it, then let it air dry

4. Do not try to style it when wet/damp, this will make it lose all of its texture and become a poofy, frizzy mess.

5. After washing your hair, use a light hair oil to stop it from becoming frizzy and dry. I found a bottle of argan oil. When my hair is damp after washing and lightly pat drying it I put a teaspoon of oil on damp hands and run it through my hair. Let it air dry.

Honestly OP try this. I used to hate my fucking hair but now it's so so good. Springy ass curls that always make my hair look interesting.

Post hair.

>4. Do not try to style it when wet/damp, this will make it lose all of its texture and become a poofy, frizzy mess.

what did he mean by this? when are you supposed to smile it if not when wet?

>wanting to destroy your hair to mimic inferior hair quality and texture
Seriously?

Get a professional keratin treatment done. Its expensive but it lasts ages if you only wash your hair with cleansing conditioner and for me, my frizz never came back as strong as it used to. I had the express keratin done, my hair did not go dead straight, it became attractively wavy and silky. I'll be getting it done again in a few weeks.

Good advice, very detailed. Might give it a try
How is frizzy hair superior?
This seems like the best option honestly. How long does it usually last? I remember reading about three months right?

fucking quality post user, worded the frustrations a lot better than i could in a simple way

I've been doing this a whole year and my hair is still frizzy asf. This doesn't always work.

thank you

not me obviously but exactly like this, a bit longer tho

sorry to hear that user, only other ideas i have would be colder water when washing your hair

obviously genetics are genetics and not everything works for everybody, hope you figure it out one day ~

I've tried three different ways, straightening, straightperm, and nightwashing/airdrying.

Straightening is what you'd expect. Using a straightener. I find it's better to get a straightener that allows you to play with the temperature as well as has a ceramic coating to prevent the hair from burning on metal plates. Hair protection spray has been hit-or-miss for me. In some cases, it works nicely, but in others, they ended up leaving a plastic-like residue that flaked off. Also, if you straighten your hair while it's wet, you'll burn the shit out of your scalp with steam. Let your hair dry out first.
The temptation is there to jack your straightener up to 11 in order to get rid of that frizzy bullshit, but going overboard will leave your hair burnt and the smell doesn't go away. You will smell like used matches for a long while. Myself, I find that around 300F is my sweet spot between not burning my hair and actually having an effect. The problem with this is you'll have to do it every morning before you go out, and you might grow tired of it quickly.

Straight Perm - I'm not sure if this has gotten to all corners of the globe, but it's at least in Japan. It seems to be a combination of chemical relaxant and straightening iron. My stylist usually ends up giving me a double-dose of the stuff to get the job done, but too much treatment tends to make my hair really droopy and deflated looking without any volume. the effect is reduced after a week or so. The nice thing about it is that you don't have to fuck around with hair straighteners in the morning and can get your hair wet without worry. The downside is that you can end up spending four hours and Y13,500 in the salon.

The last way I've done it tends to only work if you've already been using a straightener. I air dry my hair. Without wind and shit whipping it around, it can dry itself pretty reliably into a still wavy but not retarded frizzy look. Do not sleep while it's wet and avoid sleeping on your side.