/Soy/core

Let's define what soyboys, male feminists, and women's-best-friend types wear.

>Non functional, fashion beanies pulled behind the forehead
>Graphic Tees
>"Nerd" accessories
>oversized flannel shirts
>Skinny Jeans
>Clothing related to video games or pop culture
>Beards
>Can be tall or short. If short, skinny fat. If tall, extremely lanky
>pasty skin

Also

>Eyeglasses
>Converse or Vans in their 20s

>Glasses
Isn't that kind of ridiculous, everyone who has bad eyesight wears glasses, even people who wear contact-lenses wear glasses.
Wouldn't it be more accurate to define the frames of the glasses?

yeah let's try to define something that barely exists out of /pol/'s hivemind

Shh, OP is just a teenage soyboy coping by listing features that is nearly everybody, leave him be.

>that barely exists out of /pol/'s hivemind
Except it does exist. You can see the type. College classrooms are full of soyboys. Basically hipsters or effeminate hipsters.

Weak, effeminate men have always existed user, it's just the terminology that changes. Soyboy is just the latest in a long list of words. Remember when 'Cuck' was brand new and all the rage? Hell, there was a time, well before Veeky Forums, that 'Milquetoast' was the go to insult.

can't decide who is more retarded
OP for being so upset he needs to define a flavor of the month insult word like this or the retards who take this so seriously they are insulted by the attempt

I really only think the things in your list that fit this would be the Pop-culture graphic tee and the Hipster-styled beanie.

Remember the old rule that the first to call someone a "nazi" loses?

That now applies to "cuck" and "soyboy".

I never thought I'd say it, but I miss "cuck"

At least it kind of made sense

What is the big fucking deal is with vans or converse? I'd much rather see people wearing these than ultraboost or roshes.

>Let's define what soyboys, male feminists, and women's-best-friend types wear.
>>Non functional, fashion beanies pulled behind the forehead
>>Graphic Tees
>>"Nerd" accessories
>>oversized flannel shirts
>>Skinny Jeans
>>Clothing related to video games or pop culture
>>Beards
>>Can be tall or short. If short, skinny fat. If tall, extremely lanky
>>pasty skin

what comes to mind is shit like those thick rimmed glasses, beanies without the folds, and 'nerdy' or 'quirky' things- maybe like pop culture graphic designs on clothes. This all has ties with the current hypermainstream fashion 'sense'. I think it is not merely it's own style but an ever-evolving style that must be tracked and identified based on current trends. It's literally a mutating virus.

every time i see this God-forsaken image it gets larger

Hmmm. Surprisingly I'm only two of these.

Does this just look like the "fake nerd guy" thing every fat neckbeard who uses /pol/ was pissed off about six years ago
>how dare socially acceptable men be more attractive than me and sometimes line video games
with a touch of hipster hate and rerationalized as an anti-femininity thrown in in the hopes people will take it seriously to anyone else?

Is Onision the definition of a soy boy? He literally has an all organic soy diet.

Anyway, you do know there are plenty of male feminists and even hipsters who actually have girlfriends/are married right? I just want to put this into perspective as a person who actually goes outside and interacts with people on a semi regular basis.

Whats the difference between soyboy and nu-male that was popular a while ago.

Yes in real life men who are personable, socialize with woman, go outside, and aren't crippled from improving their diet and wardrobe by their flaming insecurity and fear of woman are more successful when they want to find a partner. But this is the internet you're taking about, by which I mean one small corner of Veeky Forums, and here we all subscribe to some uneducated Roman knockoff concept of masculinity that's been shaped by the projections and delusions of our most vocal forbearers so SHHHHHHHHH!

"Numale" (roughly "new society's concept of masculinity" signifying a deviating from the ideals of 40s America's abusive husbands) became widely ridiculed and an instant sign that someone was either a /pol/ or a closeted bisexual and a social reject so the board switched to using the equally ridiculous term "soyboy" ("one who is effeminate because they drink non-dairy milk, which has estrogens in it and apparently more than the literal extract of a hormone-injected pregnant cow that's also full of steroids that make your body more receptive to estrogens, and is thus feminine for this biology, and thus a woman, and this weak") until they realize that also outs them as sore degenerate wankers at which point they will switch to something else, likely something more ridiculous, to symbolize a vagely defined and mostly nonexistent demograohic they can reflect their insecurities on not realizing how transparent the act is our ever doing anything to fix the effects of their shitty upbringing.

Both soyboy and hipster are used at catchalls for "everyone better than me that I hate" by betas who wouldn't be able to even get an anime sexbot.

pretty much this. i dont browse Veeky Forums much anymore so i sometimes forget how big the disparity is between the reality of anons here and the real world. the older you get the more you realize how bad regulars here need this weird retard board culture because they cant cope irl

>weak, receding chin
>round, doughy face
>balding
>fat, skinny fat, or extremely skinny
>patchy beard
>small dick
>Blacked subscription

how does this faggot manage to stay relevant in any sense? who are the people who keep talking about him?

MRAs glom onto every anti-SJW yootoober they can, so MrRepzion talking about Onision almost as much as his one voluntourism trip to Africa keeps him famous.

ah yes a 20 year old with a pair of yeezes is so much better than these very normal shoes

can we get a collage of there victims too

nailed it.

You forgot:
>raw denim jeans
>flannel shirts
>natural leather wallets/belts/accessories
>keys attached to belt or beltloop, outside pocket
>leather workboots (usually redwings)
>wool sweaters
>listens to indie, folk, blues, or jazz
>wears rayban aviators or wayfarers unironically
>goes to the gym but isn't sub 8% bf and doesn't take supplements or steroids
>owns any apple product
>has a longterm gf and not casual hookups
>is liberal or centrist

Am I missing anything?

tbqh though, I don't mind the skinny look on guys as long as they are tall and dress well. having a nice face helps a lot too but that's a given.
Being tall and skinny is high Veeky Forums after all.

So, basically, everyone who isn't your fat virgin ass.

This sounds like a decent person with a slightly outdated style.

No, it's pretentious reddit "I'm so sophisticated and mature" core, which by definition makes it soyboy. I don't make the rules man. Anything that isn't full alpha or alt-right has to be soy, you're either one of us or one of them.

Did some guy with a beard bully you or something

Alt-righters look like this....

How does a true alpha alt right guy dress

...And people who claim to be "alpha" look like this

>getting baited this hard by such an obvious false flag

This is good inspo. I'm copping all of this but the Apple product.

Also all the normie but slightly alt guys have Android, or is it different in the states?

Those are classic shoes. Get fucked.

Bumping this post in particular, because I am genuinely interested how straight forwardly exactly like this the "reeeeeee die soy scum" is and believe I would benefit from hearing some of this community's experience.

It's literally the mis-use of hipster all over again.

The socially retarded started calling people who dressed fashionably "hipsters" disdainfully because they were socially well-adjusted. (All the while missing the irony that hating something because its popular is LITERALLY one of the tropes of Brooklyn Hipster).

Then beta-cuck replaced hipster.
Then numale replaced beta-cuck
Then soyboy replaced numale

It's nothing but vacuous crap dribbling from the mouths of people with the sociability of a brick wall. (Apologies to the brick wall for insulting it.)

>trying to express sympathy with a retarded viewpoint through sarcasm only to discover that the people you were caping for are too dumb to recognize subtlety and they all attack you

Oh trust me, they exist, but /pol/ and the alt-right takes it too far by classifying too much shit beyond just raising another man's baby or letting your SO get fucked by another man

Wtf so i gotta walk around blind as shit with fucking flip flops?

true alpha

I know this is bait but sub 8% body fat is gross. You look like a serious meat head like that. I know sterotypes are bad and you're not "trying" to attract girls anyway (because "that is beta") but with a body like that, you won't even have to worry about women even attempting to look your way.
You only need 12-10% body fat to well define abs and other muscles. 15% if you just want abs.

idk whos the person you are thinking of

> wearing clothes

It's called the Chad stride.

t. skinnyfat

So you've never actually worked out and know nothing about fitness? I knew you're a troll but this is just sad.

Sounds legit and, with some shmucks I met in HS... yeah, actually.

Whatever, fatass

If you're taller than 6'2 and you're not wearing flip flops and shorts every sunny day, I legitimately don't know what you're doing with your life

Skinny legs and long skeleton feet

Uuuuuum

Everything you’ve explained is me kek, but the physique don’t match, I’m a gym slag pretty ripped.

Hop on over to /b/..it’s fuckin full of them

This animeposter gets it.

/thread

>i was only pwetending to be wuhtahded!!!

Lol stop pretending you even have BMI anything less than 30, let alone a bf% less than 25. It's just sad. Go away and actually make an effort educate yourself before you embarrass your self with your posts.

Yep, don't tell /pol/ you've got them figured out or they'll throw a tempertantrum and spill out into the decent boards again.

Is wearing black the only thing Veeky Forums approves?

All women have iPhones, no matter what. A woman with any phone other than an iPhone is treated like a weirdo.
As far as guys go, the liberal snowflakes and homosexuals will always have iphones.
Most regular men who don't care about what other people think of them just use superior Android products.

How /soy/ is this guy on a scale of 1 to 10?

What if you use a windows phone?

Just switched to pixel 2 from an iphone
This thing is a piece of shit. Wtf does android do better than ios?

He's a model, has good facial structure. You know he has a decently paying job as well.

Probably slays pussy (or dick, I don't judge). So basically he's more successful than you in every way, user. It's ok though, ugly people find love too.

It's customizable, not as locked down, doesn't require propietary cables and stuff, doesn't force you to use shitty iTunes, you have much more control over your phone and what you want to do with it, doesn't get throttled when new updates come out, and isn't associated with being a woman or a gay.

Pretty much just customization. If you don't care much for that it doesn't matter at all.

>calling me ugly
>assuming I'm a loser just because I shitpost on Veeky Forums
>thinking I don't have a gf
Projecting much?

Honestly, this just sounds like someone that leans too much on Americana-style, otherwise doesn't seem like a bad person except for being a liberal and the shitty taste in music

I mean, you actually replied and are trying to defend yourself, mentioned that you have a girlfriend as well, because I told you that guy was better than you.

I have even more reason to believe I was spot on now. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, things will get better one day. At around age 40ish girls will stop going for looks and settle for someone like you. There's hope, user.

>most other men don't care about what others think of them and use superior android
Accept that the person who made this thread obviously cares about what other pepole think of them and are desperate not to come off as "soy"
Real men don't give a shit and buy whatever phone they feel like buying at the time.
Also, plenty of girls still have androids. The ones who don't mostly did so because they fell for the "better camera" meme or the "more app variety" meme. Same for the men. Also, apple has pretty good synch technology between devices.
It's not all simply "herd mentality"

oh and you just proved that you give shit what people think right here. So you're not really a real man, huh?

Then you're probably hipster trash.
People used them back in the day because they were the different alternative, to be contrarian. But then Windows dropped the project and now anyone that uses one really is doing it just to be different.
Windows phones are dead and never really lived to begin with

It's completely herd mentality and you know it. You're delusional if you truly believe a female gets an android phone because she likes it.
Girls get iPhones because it's what society tells them girls should have, and it's what every single one of their friends has, and it's what everyone expects them to have.

When someone looks at screens all day they are not working the lenses of their eyes. This makes the lens less flexible and leads to a need for glasses.
This trope existed before computers did but it is accurate enough.
Need for glasses is over represented among soyim.

It's a similar thing with beards. Anyone can have a beard, right? Lot of masculine men with beards.
But the soyboy has weak jaw development and the beard helps give the illusion of having a jawline. That is why beards are over represented among them.

The soyboy is just a man that is afflicted by the diseases of modern, unhealthy living.
It gives him an ugly body and an ugly mind.

I've uses them since 2013, Nokia lumias exclusively. The Lumia 1520 is still the best phone I've ever used. I like the screen, camera , and is. On my 2nd or 3rd one. I couldn't care less about the Microsoft versions

How does one live the "effay" lifestyle then, guru?

You do realize where you are, right?

p r o j e c t i n g

Oh, I'm not projecting at all. At least I don't think it's accurate to say that because I fully understand that I have soyboy characteristics. FYI that post you replied to is my only post in this thread, so if you think I'm some other guy that isn't me.

Well for a lot of this stuff we're just shit out of luck. Kill yourself and re-roll. I'll never have a good chin and jawline, for instance.
But if I had lived a healthy childhood and adolescence I like would have had that as an adult.
All we can do is strive towards an ideal. When you get upset about this stuff you're like one of those fat acceptance girls that wants to change "beauty standards" so she can get access to sexy men.

You don't get to talk about herd mentality when you just admitted that 1 reason you don't get iPhones is because it is associated with gays and women. And I supposed you're one of those people who believe it is associated with people who "don't understand technology," right? lol

Anyway, you're wrong based on my actual experience. Not all women/men get it because of herd mentality. Some but not all. Mostly the ones who would buy the brand new version every fucking year despite the one they have from last year being completely fine. I don't associate with people like that, so all I can tell you is most of the girls who get iphones, do it because the reasons I mentioned.
>Girls who have androids only get it cause of herd mentality
So wow even girls who don't fit your stereotype, still fit your stereotype because of assumed "herd mentality. "
I am one of them who got an android at the time because of price and removable storage and still has one because of some of the cons you mentioned (mainly the fucking proprietary ear phones).

But...that applies to anyone in a field of science or who is really intelligent. So only men who do trades/work with their hands are really men? Being intelligent =unmanly now? We're really back to that? Wow. Considering the decline of manufacturing industry and no need for mass farming, I guses that means almost no men today are "manly." Not the CEOs, accoutants, lawyers, engineers, surgeons. No one but you and a few others, huh? I'm not even going to touch on the irony of you posting on an imagery board all the while. I'll let you think on that.

Do you have the 'tism? I'm not trying to belittle you, you're just really failing to understand what I am putting down here. Did you see my post here:
Having glasses does not make you a soyboy but it is a soyboy trait. Meaning like, say we list off ten things and you have eight of them - you could very will be one.

Have you actually seen men in those professions you listed? Guys in those fields are not a pack of soyboys, they're typically of good genetic stock, good upbringings and value healthy eating and fitness.

So being a little wimp does not make you equal to a surgeon or a CEO, my dude.

But those same guys tend to wear glasses for the same reasons soy boys would so it's really dumb to bring that up as an example.
Anyway, who the fuck cares what anyone thinks. Traditional masculinity is mostly dead now that we all live in modern industrial society. The closest thing is working out and eating healthy and maybe joining the military. These have been watered down and modified a great deal in our world anyway. It's all just memes.

you literally described hoe I dress (minus vidya/pop culture shirt and can't grow a beard) and I drink soylent pretty regularly ... am I a soyboy and I didn't realize?

>eyeglasses
nigga how am I supposed to see?

>Being really fucking ugly
>Being a numale
Huge difference faggot

>numales barely exist in real life

Let me try a different approach. So, lots of guys have poor jawlines and need orthodontic work today. Is it natural? Is it just we're evolving into that?
No, look at this picture. It is a disease of modern living that could be prevented.

The numale is a collection of things like in this picture. He may not have one or another but he ticks enough boxes that we can sort him into the category of numale.

By the time you find out you could have prevented having a fucked up overcrowded mouth it is probably too late, right? That sucks. But that doesn't mean you say
>having shitty teeth is the modern industrial way.

It means you get as much orthodontic work as you can and it means you make sure when you have kids they don't have the problems you have.

That image is literally the posterchild of someone who calls other people beta/soyboy/cuck/hipster/numale

That is the face of a social outcast who has put fuck-all effort into being sociable and thusly lashes out at the other people who went from being outcasts to semi-sociable "REEEEEE NORMIES"

Which, ironically, parallels the SJWs calling the similar people in their group "neurotypicals" as an insult.

>*sniff* *sniff*
>Ah, sure smells like soy

Sure smells like is what you look like and you've been trying to mask the fact that you haven't showered in 2 years (Same amount of time since you've seen the sun.) by spraying 3 cans of axe per day all over your greasy, ingrown hair/acne-covered body.

This is pretty good.

I think a major factor is that a lot of the features /pol/ and /r9k/ ascribe to "soyboys" is just mainstream 20s-30s white guy fashion in most major US cities, and those cities also have a lot of left-wing men and a few high-profile memeable protestor types, and so Veeky Forums conflates the clothing and styling with the politics even though it doesn't really have any correlation in real life.

>who are you to judge, man
>like you're a hypocrite and shit

If you're fat and a fat guy calls you fat - do you become skinny?
No, you're fucking fat regardless of him. Anyway, you never heard "Takes one to know one?"