How do you feel about nopoo? I stopped using shampoo because I didn't like how thin and straight my hair was...

How do you feel about nopoo? I stopped using shampoo because I didn't like how thin and straight my hair was. I only use conditioner now

Other urls found in this thread:

thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2015/05/hair-science-how-well-do-mild-cleansers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Meme that fucks up your hair. When i had short hair it was too oily, medium hair it kinda worked and long hair i look like a hobo if i dont clean it

my hair got greasy to the point where it looked like octopus tentacles hanging off my head.

Stop!
You need to wash you hair. Whether you're black, white, asian or what ever. More so if you use product. Its not just oil but dirt, bacteria, dead cells, and dust that get trapoed in your scalp and hair. Change the frequency and/or get sulfate free shampoos if dry hair is an issue for you.
The are also things like Apple cider vinigar rinses if you really don't want shampoo. I would still at least shampoo once a month with something though.

Just a thought:

For people predisposed to MPB, hair fall comes from scalp sebum that suffocates the hair follicle, in tandem with microfauna/fungus. If you're predisposed to MPB, it makes sense to shampoo every day.

I think a lot of the people that are doing no-poo would be better served by just using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner and some type of oil after.

All these idiots saying it fucks up your hair did it wrong or didn't even attempt it long term. Don't stop cold turkey. Slowly taper off your usage over the course of months so your scalp can adjust. You also still have to rinse and scrub your scalp every day. And apple cider vinegar is a meme.

tried it , but it bc fucking oily . holy shit .
i used to shave bald , i then go nopoo and it was awesome , my skin was and body feeled refreshed .

there must be a way to do nopoo without getting oily as fuck.

been doing no-poo for 5 or 6 years now, feels good man

yes my hair did get oily after I stopped but it went back to normal after a week or so, your body just needs time to regulate the natural oils it should have been producing while using shampoo

>qt grill stays the night at my place friday night
>she asks to shower in the morning
>"hey user where's your shampoo/conditioner? can't find it
>tell her I haven't used any in years
>"that's kinda gross, isn't your hair dirty all the time?"
>have to explain every time, normies just don't understand

look you can cut down to shampoo every month or every 2 weeks but please stop with this no poo meme. It's terrible. Your hair will not thrive anymore surrounded by gunk and oil. Plus it just looks gross. I will quote the words of a wise man vehemently against this meme: "it's like washing you body with lotion" and claiming it will keep you clean in the long run. Just stop.

see,

what kind of gunk do you get in your hair on a daily basis that you need anything other than water to get out? as long as you're showering consistently and not rolling around in mud puddles all day your hair doesn't get THAT dirty

So what do you use to clean your hair/scalp?

hot water? see

>not keeping display shampoo

I workout so sweat is a major thing , which has salt, which isnt good for your hair. Besides that, dust and bacteria are always in the air. And dude, YOUR SCALP IS SKIN only it has some protection from sebum. The same way your skin needs to be washed to get rid of dead skin cells, dirt/ dust, and bacteria so does your scalp. Unless you're going to tell me you only shower with water...
Regardless, I never said because you're exposed on a daily basis that you need to wash hair daily. Honestly, NO one should do that. It should be at most, every few days even for the most oily hair types.
I'm just saying over time, these things WILL add up. Eventually, no matter how dry your hair is prone to be, and how much you rince with water and condotioner(and even ACV)you will need to shampoo it or your hair will not thrive. The same way lotion in the shower will not keep you clean over time(in this case it's a shorter time frame).

I dont know how people do nopoo. Personally I can only go three or four days without pooing.

Who else /NoTowel/ here? day 11 for me.

>Clothes are constantly damp and moldy
>Girls asking why i always smell of mildew
>Social gains have improved
>Quicker morning routine

I do lowpoo and it's honestly the best thing I could've done to my hair. My hair is naturally somewhat wavy and thick (it's straight sometimes though), but above all, it's FRIZZY.

Nopoo just made my hair build up, I need shampoo but now I only do it once a week instead of every other day. Before I shower I do a hot oil treatment and do an apple cider vineagar rinse (I found I had high porosity hair- that's what was making my hair so frizzy, apc closes the hair cuticle). I get compliments all the time now.

Not doing no-poo but sometimes I don't wash my hair for like a week and a half. Im going 11 days right now without washing or doing anything at all to my hair other than brushing. It's pretty oily and gross. Ive regularly been doing this though and now my hair stays acceptable like 5 days in of not washing. After that I just tie it up to keep it away but I'm not leaving the house or seeing people anyway so it doesnt really matter

Couldn’t do it for too long.

The cramping was too much to handle

>nopoo

Enjoy your dandruff

Same here, been a year now and i love how my hair feels

Post your hair

I tried it but I didn't really like the feeling of not shampooing. It made made my hair feel nice though.

bacteria grows on your head too retard

i laughed

this fucked up my hair and somehow made it even more dry

how many times a week did you shower with water , bc i couldnt do it bc of the oily it became . it was insane.

Male pattern baldness comes from dht converted from testosterone attacking the hair follicles that are sensitive to it. There

>not showering / bathing in cold water

Hot water dries out your hair and scalp so fucking badly. I never take hot showers, especially when cleaning my hair. The most I will ever do is use warm water to wash my body and then turn it to cold when washing my hair.

Co-washing actually does work--on oil, at least, but not on ingredients like silicone. I shampoo once a week and co-wash all the rest, but I'm mulatto so my hair's curly and dry.

thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2015/05/hair-science-how-well-do-mild-cleansers.html

I had the same result, try their Keratin Therapy I think its called. It comes in a brown bottle, it works for me. Feels good enough and makes my hair look really nice.

i would do cold showers if i lived somewhere hot, but living in northern europe at a latitude that is close to alaskan latitude, so no thanks - would if i had a sauna at home tho.

also i find ice bathing to be less of a hassle then cold showers.