Budgeting

I have $500 to spend on some new clothes. Is it a better idea to cop a few high quality pieces, or get several lower quality options?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_wardrobe
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on how your wardrobe is now
Ask stupid questions in fuccboi general instead of starting a new thread

High quality

My wardrobe now is mostly basics, I was hoping for more of a discussion on the pros and cons of each rather than one cut answer.

that shirt is such a joke how can you even think about buying that

if you need lot of new shit for your wardrobe, I'd try to narrow it down to 2 more expensive pieces, which you should get from sales that are still going and then buying the rest of what you need form uniqlo or again from sales from cheaper brands

nice shirt but you could get the same one from H&M for $15

shirts actually pretty dope famalam im not sure where you're getting your taste from

Thrift stores and Online thrift. Unless something gets released from a company that really catches my eye I don’t buy clothes any other way anymore. Something about it is much more satisfying, like hunting. And the stuff is cheap as hell.

U will be kicking yourself for buying quantity over quality in like 3 years. Just drape yourself in full MIJ and chill

Buy basics that are versatile and that you need, thrift a lot, check good budget options to pieces that are important, reusable and pieces that you can buy in decent quality without breaking the bank (Levi's jeans, palladium boots, dickies etc).

And if you have some extra money, buy a nice piece or a nice jacket

With your limited budget, you cannot afford a $170 shirt. I recommend you reset priorities. The provided link should give you good advice on how to plan a versatile wardrobe, with limited funds. Choose well, dress well, user.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_wardrobe

It's a plain and regular plaid shirt with nothing remarkable about it in the least. You could get one that's indistinguishable from the one in the op at any salvation army for 25 cents

What the fuck are you talking about? It's loose weave gauze. Have you ever touched this particular Norse shirt? It's really quite nice.

>dope
>famalam
>getting your taste from

>$169 for a plaid shirt.
Wtf

Please explain how pointing out words he used is in any way refuting his points.

He only has a $500 budget for his entire wardrobe tho

Keep it simple, build your staple items first. You can get the pricey stuff later.

Shop within your budget. Don't get two $250 pieces, and don't settle for a bunch of cheap shit that you'll end up wearing down in a while.

This.

Buy used high quality versatile and essential pieces like jeans/chinos, sneakers/casual shoes, t-shirts/button downs, sweaters/outerwear (depending on your climate)

Ebay is good for jeans and shoes

Thrift stores are good for shirts and many other things, but to the ones in the better neighborhoods in your area and go early on MONDAYS when they get new stuff in

Acne or APC jeans can be found for cheap used on ebay. Get a black and dark washed indigo one. Chinos in basic colors like navy, tan, gray, black.

Basic white and black sneakers, boat shoes, maybe some derbies depending on what you want/require

Neutral colored t-shirts and button downs: black, white, gray, blue, brown, etc. Maybe some basic patterns too like plaid, stripped, or things like that

Basic crewneck sweaters/knits can be found at thrift stores in abundance too

Ebay for coats

Also grailed