What does Veeky Forums think of Doc Marten's?

What does Veeky Forums think of Doc Marten's?

They're fine if you need cheap boots

I like them, I'm broke tier so these are at the top of my price range. I've had mine for about a month and I'm very happy with them so far.

theyre ok. personally i hate minimalism so theyre a no for me, and the contrast stitching looks bad. they should have made it gray or brown. and the heel tap is ugly too.

been wearing sneakers my whole life so i might cop some 1461s soon just to change things up a bit

>minimalism
??

These were $170. Sure they are not some $1000 Italian leather boots but I'd hardly say they are "cheap"

i got a pair of vintage boots on ebay for $30 that are better quality

they make a good boot, they'll last for a longg time and always look good

>170
>not cheap

pick one

whats an alternative option sub $150 for all black leather combat boots? docs are too shiny

You overpaid my guy

1460 Monos are literally 140 on the doc marten website, and probably the same in any store, if not cheaper

surplus, dummy

Honestly how do you fit your pants in these boots? When I do it always inflates them so much taht it looks like I am some 2000s scene teen.

I have a pair of the vintage oxblood ones. I've been studying in Russia this year. Very slippery boots, and a piece on the inside is coming apart. Also freeze my ass off even with two pairs of socks. But they look cool

Veeky Forums in a nutshell

Bought into the solovair meme, and they are much better than docs.

Is 1461 mono comfortable enough to wear all day? Thinking of picking one up for work.

no

and if you do, break them in first before you work in them

probably CAD

I bought a pair for $40 but every time I try to break them in I give up after a day.

They're hideous, incredibly boxy, generic plasticy leather, and look just as awful, on anyone older than about 16.

They're cool but my ones broke after only a month of wear. I bought them at the stat of a month long Europe trip and a month later the stitching along the left hand side of the right shoe is fucked and the sole is starting to come off. Might buy a made in UK pair in a few months.

They're a bitch to break in.

what's up with threads about docs popping up recently lol

Fucking hate that ugly yellow stitching and tab.

Why this boots not available in my size? What size i must choose if i have 28.5 cm feet?

Babby's first boots. (it is the newfags)

Im interested in copping a pair of their sandals too see how comfortable they are.

I really dig on leather backed heels and toe loops on sandals.
These are closed toe so i can wear them at work.

They are feminine boots. Only the brown ones look manly

You can also wear them to the bdsm clubs people will ask if you frequent.

The Stan Smiths of 2017 and 2018.

These look like goth jelly shoes, but you do you user.

thoughts on the shiny doc 1461's?

how would you incorporate that into an outfit?

Poor mans Blundstones.

And yes, I know that in 2017 Blunnies are now a poor mans pair of RedBack's.

I have a pair of Doc Martens Serenas and they hold up very well in the Finnish winter

not the guy that you asked but i have some similiar ones and i dress like this sometimes

They're always half price. The MIEs get as low as £60 on ebay. They're good for a shoe to trash.

I wear them most of my life, the last pair lasted me untill I wore out my soles.

Don't polish them faggot and they will be matte.

You have a 6 month universal guarantee faggot, take them to the store.

I wear them since 1988.

What are you talking about faggot?

mine broke in after around 3-4 days of wearing all day
still not the most comfortable derbies, but they don't hurt at all anymore

Im getting the hardy temperleys, opinions?

Only the area above my left ankle hurts for my 8 eye docs. The other boot feels comfortable, any tips?

how much more expensive are they? kind of want to cop but there are no brick and mortar retailers in australia (i think???) at least not where i live

got mine for $210 compared to the $150ish that I see on doc martens official website. For $60 US more, I find that to be worth it. Plus on the website it says they can be resoled, so I'm hoping to have these for a long time.

Redback is more effay than blundstones? I love mine, but always saw them as function over fashion.

11.5 to 12 i think

I think they are not so good
they are expensive, the sole breaks easily, during winter they are very cold, and they are very slippery on snowy ground

i think the open toe makes a big difference though

not bad. buy a shoe horn

had this pair a year and already falling apart

was not worth fucking up my ankles and feet to break them in

$170 is very cheap, doc martens are also cheaply made of cheap materials

Plastic over leather will do that

saw a granny nurse wearing docs, good for her but it ruined this brand for me 2bh

blunderstones are ugly as sin

okay i know the leather is uncomfortable

but it says it has air in the sole, is the sole comfy? i need a nice cushion, addicted to comfy life.

Yes. I've been wearing mine almost daily for three years

I've asked this question like 5 times and never once got a response. Are Doc Martens wearers brainlets? It's a simple question. HOW DOES THE SOLE COMPARE TO OTHER SHOE CUSHIONS.

Fuck it's not an impossible question. More or less comfy than Cons? Vans? Other shoes you've worn? Fuck.

The sole is very comfy imo, I haven't worn converse in years but compared to a pair of Vans the Docs are much better in terms of comfort.

bought 1461, been trying to break them in for a weeks now to the point where my heel has gotten ripped to shreds and infected, my whole foot is swollen right now
this is what i get for listening to memes

I have flat feet, so Vans and Converse are more comfy than Docs for me, but Docs are still pretty comfy.

true i didnt notice the closed toe but anyways i think that you can pull it off with some vibes like pic related

got these for $45 used

If you're going to get a pair I recommend the UK or Tai versions over the Chinese one.

w2c shirt?

I got these back in September and they pass off as great dress shoes.

only gay and nazis wear them where I am from

>they pass off as great dress shoes.
wow, the competition must suck then

Thank you. I guess I'll buy a pair off the internet to try them out.
You're talking about fit, not cushion.

Formerly bovver boots, now primarily worn by """broke""" college students who want to look edgy.

Hard to get much worse imo

haha nigga are you trying to larp as a roman citizen from 300BC or some shit?

They look nice to me.

tf i just ordered these

all docs can be resoled by a competent cobbler btw. theyre all goodyear welted except some of the odder womens models

you seem real nice, makes me wan to help you

you seem real intelligent, makes me wan to kiss your ass and beg for your worthless fucking opinion.

>$170 is cheap
hehe y-yeah

i think *you* got used

Take your meds ya silly autist

>This

your feet must stink

I like them, bought a pair of 1460 smooth a couple of months back. Not the most comfortable, and a bit of a bitch to get on.
I also have this problem. I just let my pants hang naturally. Sometimes they cover the whole top of the boot, sometimes they get stuck on the back tag. I feel like stuffing them in the top looks like you're trying too hard.

The whole "bouncing soles" is complete bull shit. They feel very firm to me. Mine aren't too worked in yet, but I've worn them on some long days so I think I could judge them now. I would say any sneaker has a more comfortable sole than these.

I also want to mention that I've worn Vans and Converse a lot. Converse, even though it's just a thin piece of rubber, feel more comfortable to me. But yea, I've heard these boots take a long time to work in so maybe that will change.

Damn if it’s worse than converse I don’t want to fuck with these

Yea, I expected more to be honest. If you're looking for something comfortable, my gut says to look for something else. Maybe others will have a different opinion.

Are you able to pull those off if you are 5'10''

Male btw

if you have small-ish feet then yeah, large feet and you will look like a clown

Yea, and they'll make you look about 5'11"

maybe it's just cuz i'm britbong, but i'll never not think skinheads when someone says doc martens.

I like them but the stereotypical people that wear them I want to smash in the head with a baseball bat. I'll stick to monos.

Well I just got a pair that I ordered off amazon, been wearing them around the house. The sole is not bad, a step up from clarks desert boot and most dress shoes i've had. It's about on par with air force 1 for compression, so I'm okay with them. Nothing amazing but they're wearable, I think they'll be good for long days when I need support.

The leather fucking sucks though. Digging into my heel so bad.

>Digging into my heel so bad.

Hopefully that goes away. Mine used to dig into the top of my feet, but now they don't.

why? docs cost over a hundred new

probably the only decent thing to come from supreme this season