I really like Johnny Depp's glasses, but I wonder if they're too soyboylisious or not

I really like Johnny Depp's glasses, but I wonder if they're too soyboylisious or not.
Your thoughts?

shut the fuck up kid

moscot lemtosh are good glasses, fuck off with these insecure "soyboy" worries

You didn't answer the question before you posted your needlessly pointless post.
Are his glasses perceived as "soy"?

May this please be the day we say "NO" to bait.

Here, some fine glasses for a distinguished /pol/ack. These will help you stand out in a crowd of soyboys.

>tfw I used to wear these for a long time

I had no idea, I just assumed they were a minimalist design that didn't draw attention to what was on my face. I didn't realize I was wearing autism central for so long. It was weird because I still had some attractive girls date me and stuff, and none of them said anything about them.
My current gf and fiance likes to point them out when we look at older photos of us when I was still wearing them and laugh about them.

Don't ever wear rectangle wireframes, they are so bad.

I like them. Im pretty sure "soy" is more of how you carry yourself.

This is a serious thread guys, stop fucking around.

I want to know if you saw someone at a grocery store wearing the same glasses as Johnny if you would think they were nu-male tier or not.
Obviously Johnny is an attractive enough man that he pulls it off, but what about others?

Shut the fuck up insecure loser, just buy the fucking glasses. This nu male soyboy rethoric only lives on Veeky Forums and the internet. If you let it influence your offline life you truly are a victim.

Your entire thread is "needlessly pointless"

OP sounds like a dumb soyboy nu-male c u c k tbqh

if you have a jawline like his, it's fine

who the fuck cares just get them if you like them you insecure little bitch

only serious thing here is your insecurity

Moscot Lemtosh are classic glasses that aren't "soy". Soyboys don't wear them. They wear big rectangle glasses.

Ugh, John Oliver is one of the most annoying, worthless pieces of liberal trash out there.
We fucking get it, you hate America and think your precious Islamic State of Great Britain is better. Why don't you fuck off back there then if you hate is here so much?

Depp isn't wearing Moscot, he's wearing Tart Arnel.

Nope. Depp wears Moscots, he's said so himself.
Moscot gave him a pair of Lemtoshs to use in The Secret Window and he liked them so much he kept wearing them as his personal style. Although in the movie the lenses are probably 48s or 49s, his personal pairs are clearly the smaller 44s.

to be honest the only soy things relating to glasses are having smart ones that fit your face shape and not acting like a douche in them.

Can you explain? I don't wear glasses at all, but what's so bad about these

They're just universally seen as ugly and boring and mostly associated with STEM major autismos who can't talk to people to save their lives.
Go to any university and walk around the engineering and computer science section of campus and you'll see these everywhere being worn by overweight people with ugly beards and guys wearing white New Balances.
I had them for a while because I didn't know any better, I just assumed wireframes were good for being minimalist, not realizing how hideous they were.
Also, they're so totally bland and boring, there's nothing Veeky Forums about them at all, no way to dress them up to compliment any sort of outfit. And anything you do wear, no matter how nice, will be brought down by them, whereas thicker frames can compliment them especially if you get something like tortoiseshell or brown or another color of frame.

I could go on and on, mostly because I was that guy wearing them, and now I look back and absolutely cringe. I HATE seeing old pics of me in them.

depp has been wearing arnels for years. those are completely different frames from the arnels in op's pic. if you know eyewear you can see the subtle but obvious differences in the details between arnel and lemtosh.

i thought they were tart arnel

show me a pic of johnny pre-2004 wearing these. he didn't start wearing them until after he was given a pair to wear for the movie

what differences? oh wise one, please point them out to me

and no, James Dean didn't wear Tart Arnels either, because I know he always comes up in this discussion

bump

I used to wear them too. We can share solace in our terrible choice. Mine were brass in color, which may be even worse since they were less invisible.

>soyboylisious

just wear what you want and stop seeking approval for Veeky Forums fucks. no one outside of the kinds of people on here look at something and think “soyboy”.

this

>muh soyboy meme

Ugh, brass ones are even worse.
I trust you've learned the error of your ways and bought a proper pair now?

this pretty much. they're just bland and boring and commonly associated with people out of fashion. look at any regular joe in the 2000's and they probably wore these glasses. its 2018, they're pretty outdated and only really worn by people who don't care about their appearance.

that dude's been in great films, my favorite being The Ninth Gate, but his overblown tendency in real life to wear the most retarded accessories known to mankind is more than a little irritating.

Just buy the glasses if you like them you fucking faggot

your description made me want to buy another pair of my autismos. Functional, minimal.

I decided to get stylized glasses because I could get away with larger lenses, but damn do I want to look like I dont give a shit.

this thread made me trans

moscot lemtosh, he's also known to be in japan a lot picking up smaller brands or stuff from kaneko

what qualifies glasses as being
>soyboylisious

>soy

taking pol memes seriously means you are a soyboy

does drinking soylent make me a soyboi?

this

I am soy

They're not just memes though

This is considered """white""" in Americuck land lmao

Haha nice

would moscot / thick frames be good for a brown boy w/ an oval face, high cheekbones but slim face w/ a cute smile?

seriously would they be a good look?
i've always felt like anybody could pull off eyewear or a garment as long as you're confident/attractive

Rather than drop a couple hundred on a pair and realizing they look bad, just go to any optical store and try on some in a similar style and similar size.
If you think they're fine then go home and order the ones you like. Better than buying them and then realizing they aren't good

It's not even a pol meme.
It's out in the wild world.

They're not rectangular and cheap generic shit; you'll be fine.
"Soyboy" specs are just the cheapest, most common shit you find at those discount frames shops that are popping up everywhere.
If anyone actually bought costly frames that looked like then they're fucking retarded.