Eyewear

Doc says in need glasses to wear daily.
What glasses are /fa?

General glasses thread also

Veeky Forums glasses are whatever looks good on your head. We can't just tell you buy glasses X, they might look awful on you.

1. Warby Parker
2. SALT
3. Anything else that isn’t Luxotica

i've had these for like 5 years now and i really like them. get a lot of compliments on them. i knew when i picked them tho that i'd get a lot of "harry potter" comments but i didn't really care, i thought they looked dope as fuck. never regretted it.

if yer gonna get something like this make sure you're confident, otherwise it'd look a lil weird.

if you can't tell for yourself i made a guide for you

anything with thin frames and thin lenses, but watch out for aviators and edgy rectangles

only Veeky Forums glasses are the Batemans

For daily use you want a thin wire frame, something light that won't put a strain on the bridge of your nose or your temples. Also, stay away from the big lens meme, 46 to 47mm is the most you'll wan to go for most frames on the lens, 48 already starts to look clownish, and more than that is only ok for sunglasses, up to 50-52.

also, get clip-ons, since you might need to change your prescription in the future and dont want to pay for prescription sunglasses every time

Some companies like shuron make their models in almost every sizing combination imaginable, so you can get a perfect fit. They ship a couple different samples and you pick the most comfortable, they send you your glasses and you send the samples back.

opinions on glasses without a bottom frame like this one?

forgot pic

Just get what fits your face and hi lights it's shape

yes
These are monstrous
These are fantastic

I wear this model :v

But mine has detail on the top of the frame, a small black line because someone couldn't keep the design clean.

>Just get what fits your face and hi lights it's shape
cuck logic

wear what you like

Let me guess, you like aviators...

It bad, at least the branding isn’t too obtrusive

*not bad

Sorry, but acrylic frames are out

Currently these (when outfit works) otherwise I have a pair of red/blue Tommy Hilfiger for office and some black replay.

I know that advice gets thrown around a lot, but you two seriously need to murk more and post less

and by murk I mean lurk, obvi

you probably look like the guy from ballad of gay tony

I quite like

I have similar ones
They look good but the problem i have is

The upper side of frame rests on the eyebrows
And that sometimes gets irritating

Do you have the same problem?

Some of us have properly developed faces

You're only kidding yourself...
pic related the actor on the left is wearing 46 mm lens frames while you on the right are wearing something closer to 50 mm and looks accordingly twinky

there's no reason not to, they're basically a staple at this point

Wearing glasses makes you look old and weak. Switch to contacts asap

might as well come to a fashion board to boast about your fondness of nike... oh wait

i have a pair like these and i’m not convinced that they’re Veeky Forumscceptable. i tell myself it depends on the person wearing them

I wear either Kuboraum or Jacques Marie Mage. I'd recommend both

Can someone help me pick out a pair of glassess that would fit my face? I have no sense of Fashion at all and I've had this pair currently for like 5 years and need something new.

Any help appreciated.

Not a big fan of Kuboraum, but Jacques marie mage makes real spectacular pieces, no pun intended.

Bigger faces need bigger frames. You are the one that's kidding themselves.

>m-make sure to get children's glas-sses!!

I'm not saying this is a hateful or toxic way.

IF you lost weight you could be good looking. I know you're looking for fashion advice but sometimes life needs us to hear these things.

I don't take offense at all. 6 months ago I was 225lbs at 5'8" and now I'm at 165 and still going strong. Trying to get to about 8% or so Body fat.

Is it autistic to wear glasses only to be fashionable? I've never been diagnosed with a single optical-related sickness

I only wear them as sunglasses but yeah they're awesome. For the Kubos it depends on the model, but the one I have is awesome, the Mask K17. I've changed the all black lenses to some gradient ones ( dark grey to white ) and they're wonderful

Idk but it sure is autistic to phrase it that way

Adult males typically don't wear glasses with lens sticking out on the sides of their face, but by all means you do you

>Adult males typically don't wear glasses with lens sticking out on the sides of their face, but by all means you do you
Because adult males don't have the proportions of a manlet.

I hate to say it but you sound like your phtyloestrogen levels are through the roof

Holy shit, this.
People need to stop getting these huge frames that go past their faces. It looks childish and stupid.

>Things my mamma told me.
You know her cheap ass just bought you a pair of glasses your face would eventually grow into

Big plastic frames are a good way to spot people who dress how they are told. Prove me wrong

I would reccomend the pair that look the most like a paper bag

maybe its just me but i feel like a total loser wearing glasses no matter what, i only wear contacts now and i would never go back

I've always loved serial killer glasses but not sure if they will ever be acceptable. effay?

To be fair these guys could be wearing dollar tree reading glasses and still look good

mmm no not really. i mean the bridge obviously touches the middle of eyebrows. are they bent??

mmm yah, definitely not what you have right now and i would steer away from tortoise shells too.

also second this in a non toxic way. lose some weight -- cutting out meat and dairy helped me shed some weight this last month, that always helps. also, keep your facial hair neat because that doesn't look good on you rn, and also take care of your eyebrows.

good luck user

if you mean is it dumb to wear fake glasses to look cool, yah its fucking lame as hell. dont do that.

ya got the wrong glasses, m8. i feel aesthetic and Veeky Forums as fuck when i wear mine. i wear my contacts for work and working out but glasses when i'm with my indie friends

Mine are bushy and the bridge is no problem at all
I don't know the anatomy of specs but the upper ridges of the frame on both sides always are in contact with eyebrows kinda like they rest on them
They almost hide the eyebrow at times

Oliver Peoples

>serial killer glasses
They're just 80s glasses, user

You could be excused for thinking that, but truth is men just look better with lens that fit their face than they do with oversized ones. see

small lens

big lens

Starting to notice a pattern?

Aka pedophile glasses. They look awful, and everyone i've seen wearing them have come off as a pretentious faggots

Those who are vulnerable and need to shield behind ill fitting big lens tend to be young children with severe eyesight problems, or old folks who shouldn't be allowed to drive anymore.

Those who are more confident and determined and dont have disabilities infringing on their neck movements wear smaller lens, basically.

Do these glasses look good on me? Tired of getting same style every time, want to change it up

Hi King Tony! I've noticed you posted in a thread both mentioning le-aviator-pedo-serial-killer glasses and oversized childish lenses, and yet you still chose to post this. Well I guess it's time for you to sleep in this bed you made.
If you dont catch the drift, the answer to your question is no. You're very much entitled to ignore this advice, in which case you and these frames deserve each other.

>just bought a new pair of glasses
>all self conscious now
reeee fuck off cunt I like my big specs

It's too late to wonder if you fucked up, but not to ask what you're going to do about it.
Good Luck!

I just bought them them like a week ago so I'm going to do nothing about it, I'll get a smaller pair next time I need 'em, I was well in love with them as well.

fuck you and thank you

Not Veeky Forums here. Need a rectangle frame. Don't want the black soyboy frames, though. Any suggestions?

That's not small, that's medium. These are small

What kind of glasses are these?

What kind? P-3 lens shape
What brand? who knows

Is not reading threads you post in a new thing? Give me your hand, I'll show you were your question was answered before you even posted it, dumbass.

:^) getting so assblasted on a Vietnamese anime trap board.

What a smug comeback. You sound like the kind of person who's always growing, both spiritually and intellectually. I'm glad you learned a valuable lesson today. Keep up fighting the good fight!
Best of luck to you in all your endeavours!

Opinions on these? They come with sunglasses attachments too.

not the nicest Moscot makes, but quite fun indeed. If the color scheme it good for you, def go for it, just dont go oversized

Anyone know similar classic glasses manufacturers to Lunor and Savile Row?

Dolomiti, Shuron, Moscot, maybe Cazal if you're into more edgy stuff.
Anybody else wanna chime in?

Anyone own the Moscot Frankie frames?
I'm shopping for a new frame and I keep coming back to that one.
Is it really round, like overly round? I want a round frames but nothing oversized and childish. They come in a 45 lense which is perfect size for my face so I'm really tempted

You're wearing the wrong glasses then. Why do I get the feeling you were wearing rectangular wireframes? If you're self conscious or embarrassed to wear them then you don't have the right style that compliments your face.
There are few things more effay than a good set of frames.
Try around various optical stores like at a mall of something and just try on frames. Find some thing you like and give them a try.

picked up these today

and these do i look cute

I'm not a fan of the yellow. I wanted the gold colorway but they apparently don't make that anymore for some stupid reason.

excellent choices; the tortoise and gold ones make you look cocky in a good way.

These aren't good, but they're passable.

These look absolutely terrible. They're too big for your face and make you look childish.

no...they dont

They're too wide, and cover your eyebrows. Two clear signs of someone who doesn't know what they're doing, hemse appearing childish

they both look fine ya silly cunt

Samefag pls go. I know it's you who posted the pics

yes it is me

Good one

>getting a new pair cause old one's busted and cracked in multiple places
>one pair seems to fit pretty good at the store
>copped it for ~200$ in total
>while the lenses were getting fitted i found out it's a women's model
>when I got them it hit me that they're actually too large for my face and make me look like even more of a twink
>tfw make bad decisions because of my homosexual tendencies

cute
post boipussi

that... would be right. thanks actually, you have me inspired to go out and give glasses another try. if i felt good about my glasses they would be a lot more convenient than dealing with lenses every day

I have astigmatism and my eyes are just shaped in a way that makes contacts uncomfortable. Something about a thin scelera or something like that, can't remember exactly.
I had these rectangular wireframes that we're hideous. But I was oblivious, I just assumed they were subtle and didn't draw attention to my face, since they're so thin. But I look back on pics of me with them and absolutely cringe.
I've got myself a pair of these acetate rounded ones and they're tortoise shell color and I absolutely love them. People tell me they look great too so it's a huge confidence booster. It was simply that I was wearing the wrong frames that didn't look good or compliment me that I hated glasses.
Find a style you like, make sure you get them in a good size, since nothing looks worse or more childish than oversized frames, and you'll probably be happier and better off

other user is right, having glasses you love feels so good.

Hey guys, I made these goggles awhile ago for a con, and thought they looked pretty fly. Do you think my optometrist can get custom lenses made for them so I can wear them daily?

Nah

Don't let it die

sick