Why is r/femalefashionadvice so shit??

Pic related is of an inspo thread, and there's nothing but support in the comments. Another inspo thread I just browsed through complained that all the girls were "straight sized white girls" reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7toc8h/inspiration_ugly_thrifted_items/dte7gqp/

Why can't girls just have a nice thread for fashion without it turning it into a feminist/sjw hub :(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yaoC1Ts9-VE
imgur.com/a/2DZ9I
reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7tl1py/waywt_january_28_2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Late to the party huh, not knowing that feminist trash are infecting everything.

I was just the casting call for vikings tv show a few days ago and they required a woman of a certain size and the feminists were bitching about it. They want vikings to be 300lbs purple haired dykes, I guess.

When they make a casting call for a certain male type, no men complete or bitch ever.

Honestly, what is it about women that is so unwilling to step up and change oneself for the better instead of trying to redefine the standards? Race I get, but body type is something you can change.

I'm gonna get really skinny, grow long hair and dress as feminine as possible just to rebel desu, I've already started watching etiquette videos because it feels like I'm somehow breaking the feminist normidom ideals.

Females generally, on the internet especially, are lazy, vapid, sjw trash. We need another Hitler, but for whiny self centered cunts instead of Jews.

Same desu. I really love being pretty and feminine. Although I am glad it's not the 20's anymore and I won't get sprayed with a hose for wearing pants.
Feminism was a great achievement but IMO the pendulum has swung too far. Now you're anorexic if you want to be skinny, people assume you're a jesus freak if you wear dresses too much, all throughout college girls shove beers in your face and tell you to "loosen up" "just liiiiive maaaan"

I dunno. I think you get what I'm saying. It's happening all over the place, not just feminism. What used to be liberating and empowering is now the standard, and YOU'RE the weird one if you're not shaving half your head and day drinking instead of going to queer theory 203

youtube.com/watch?v=yaoC1Ts9-VE
Zizek has a lot to say about it.

>imgur.com/a/2DZ9I
>this is supposed to be inspo

S A F E S P A C E
A
F
E

S
P
A
C
E

This subreddit is filled with normies who don't care at all about fashion. Ironically enough, the few actual female posters are on r/malefashion.

Oh god I just browsed their WAYWT before posting my reply. I do not want to repost any of their pictures because I do not condone cyber bulying, but this is truly awful. I do not even understand why they post this on a fashion board, it is OBVIOUS that 90% of them do not even try. And the worst part is that they all get nothing but supportive comments, no matter how terrible the outfits. You cannot improve on this subreddit, it can only drag you down and hold you back.

The funny thing is that they are pretty much the polar opposite of Veeky Forums. Here the fits are garbage because the board is full of underaged tryhards, and the criticism is shit because people are clueless and harsh. On r/ffa, the fits are garbage because the board is full of clueless underachievers and the "criticism" is so consensual that I refuse to acknowledge its existence.

In the end I do not believe it is due to the female population of the board though. I have been on numerous great boards where I saw amazing female posters. But the common point between those boards was sharp criticism and will to improve. People there were either motivated beginners or knowledgeable veterans. R/ffa clearly lacks most of that. The beginners clearly have no will to actually improve, they only post here to seek peer approval, and there has never been knowledgeable posters for them to look up to. My guess is that the subreddit was created by a bunch of clueless girls who initiated this shithole, which never appealed to good posters and led to the current cringe fiesta we can all see.

reddit is shit in general

male fashionon reddit is filled with soy boys wearing uniqlo

and the female version is a ton of womens march beta females that don't even want to soy boy hilary supporters

holy shit they're saltier than the dead sea lmfao

reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7tl1py/waywt_january_28_2018/

THEY ALL LOOK LIKE SHIT LMFAO

I expected more hambeasts and/or problematic glasses, to be honest.

A lot of them did have the coke bottle feminist glasses. But it's just a collective of your everyday unattractive girls.
.the girls you walk by and never noticed in your day to day life because you're starring at the 8/10 in leggings

Yeah, fair. They look normal, for better or worse. The funny thing is how they're all going nuts over each other's pics as if they haven't seen anything like it before.

Zizek as usual has interesting criticisms and no solutions.

That said, I'm not entirely convinced by your solution either. If you want to be feminine of course by all means do that, but from my own perspective I don't think dressing conservatively (i.e. trad/menswear because I'm a guy) would feel so transgressive. I feel like this is partially because of different standards for men and women - there are more cool or acceptable styles for women but men are much more likely to dress all the same in my experience, and this is true throughout high school, college, and adult life. I feel transgressive enough wearing combat boots or wool trousers with sneakers but maybe I'm just being complacent.

Women think that they are competing against other women.

>13110704
>Fat people in inspo albums
OMEGALUL

Don't you think this is the pinnacle of fashion?! Lmao

While I like what feminism has done to allow me to go to school and vote etc, I do feel like now that we have relatively less problems concerning sexes, women are jumping onto the feminist bandwagon partly because it's popular and it excuses them from correcting their flaws. It feels so disgenuine to read posters berate OP because she only included a certain body type and race, or if she used the word "trashy", when there are women getting their ears chopped off.

These women are under the illusion of togetherness and solidarity, but they're even worse than Veeky Forums because Veeky Forums knows that it's shit, but r/ffa deludes themselves into thinking that they're open when they're really just angry little trolls that can't accept that they fit is shit partly because their body type is objectively not ideal.

Just what the fuck IS this? How is this included in an inspo thread unironically?? How do fat people trick themselves into thinking that this is okay and they actually look good?

The entire album itself isn't bad, but I suprised myself by repetitively getting less happy by seeing ham beasts time after time. No clothes will make them look decent.

>reddit.com/r/femalefashionadvice/comments/7tl1py/waywt_january_28_2018/
I'd let this little hipster have my abortion

That's why I never ask for fashion advice anywhere, much less post what I'm wearing. It's always "Are you anorexic?", even from white knights posing with their obese GFs in their avatars. Yuck!

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Feminism has become the catch all excuse for shrieking harpies who feel like they've been slighted for every misdemeanor. You're immediately shamed for having different values so the hivemind is very strong. Feminists ignore actual issues because wearing a $400 Dior Feminist shirt is easier. FFA is so bad because it's just a huge circle jerk where you get bonus points if you're black/Muslim/trans/fat. We all know they're actually all huge bitches behind all the forced positivity.

It's pretty bad but not that much different from other waywt threads online including Veeky Forums. I found at least two posters with good outfits. Can't really expect it too be very high fashion since reddit (and Veeky Forums) isn't the type of place to attract such an audience.

>dreadlocks
>fluorescent colours
>bowtie
Sweet Mary Mother of God

>I found at least two posters with good outfits
There are 3, maybe 4 decent fits in the whole thread and none of them are great

>Can't really expect it too be very high fashion
r/malefashion is full of designer fits and there is a whole subreddit dedicated to high fashion enthusiasts

Being thin is nice, its not like we're trying to say being fat is bad
Its fine, i mean-whatever suits you
But i honestly want to wear dresses, skirts and i want to bring back some 1960s fashion

Alot of them are super boring...idk thats just my opinion
its like they're going for the boyfriend style, i guess as in boyish look?
It just seems...watered down
Whats so bad about wearing cute dresses or skirts? They all dress older than they actually are, its a little sad
Again this is only my opinion, im not entirely great at fashion either hahaha

>r/malefashion is full of designer fits and there is a whole subreddit dedicated to high fashion enthusiasts

I'm hardly impressed by the clothes on /r/malefashion and /r/mfa but reddit is male dominated with 70% of the user base. They can afford to be harsher critics in order to up the quality of their posts. The girls are working with limited users, it's a lose-lose situation. You welcome everyone and try to foster a positive environment and you get super basic outfits and slightly out of shape bodies that are not fashion forward. If you try to raise the quality and level of critique you risk alienating the majority of the (minority) posters and killing the sub.

>I'm hardly impressed by the clothes on /r/malefashion
Oh please

I just opened their frontpage. The very first waywt is from a chick that is treated like some kind of goddess on Veeky Forums. The 4 next ones are mixing issey, rick and chapter. When you open Veeky Forums waywts, you are immediately overwhelmed by mediocrity.

Also your whole comment was absolutely irrelevant to the post you were replying to.

>The rest of the world can't know I'm like this
KEK, it's genderflipped !

muscular truthbombs

some people are still stuck in the early 2010s when mfa was a complete shithole and Veeky Forums was up there as one of the best fashion websites rather than the other way around

mfa is still trash but r/Malefashion has some great stuff now and then.

I've never seen her posted here, only on reddit, and I'm not the crazy about her clothes. tbf I only visit a few threads here at a time I don't check everything so maybe she is some type of Veeky Forums goddess but I've never seen her anywhere on this site.

I also sporadically check reddit's fashion subs with /r/womensstreetwear being my favorite (even though i'm not that into streetwear) So i'm not just some chode that only visits Veeky Forums. I even said there were two decent fits in
/r/femalefashionadvice waywt thread.

My comment wasn't irrelevant at all. I don't think you know what irrelevant means.

>going to reddit expecting good fits
The site by nature breeds the most boring minimalistic style that appeals to the average person. The only really aspiring female fits I've seen came out of the Stylezeitgeist community, where people actually know shit and give constructive criticism.

Every single thing that you wrote is irrelevant. The point was that reddit is full of high fashion and you literally said nothing to disprove it. Try to take your head out of your ass, it seems to impair your mental abilities.

and it was an opinion on high fashion not always equaling quality styling or fit. Not irrelevant, get your head out of your ass and stop acting like you don't know how conversations work.

we need a new hitler to purge redditors