How long do you keep your nails? what makes some hands more attractive than others?

how long do you keep your nails? what makes some hands more attractive than others?

twigs>>>sausages

I keep mine short and I find short more attractive. About 1mm tips is good in my opinion.

Tfw piano player with short thick fingers

just keep enough nail to grip things, long nails look bad

I have no nails, i pulled them all out.

Kaneki ken detected

Why am I so attracted to women’s hands?

childhood trauma

I keep my nails a little less than 3mm, its all about proportion. Currently french tip.

I bite them off when they get too long and spit them onto the ground

I prefer a natural manicure, not that plastic shit gooped onto the nail.

Something like this

i tend to cut my nails almost every week, i hate when they get long

do you crack ur knuclkes, if so how often and for how long have u been doing it?

Not very often but ive been doing it on and off for a few years i guess

kys

wtf my left hand is gay and right is straight? i could have sworn it would be the inverse

Is there something you would like to share?

gotta keep mine short for work but I think is about ideal

I keep my nails short because they tend to pick up dirt beneath them when they're too long. To answer OP's question about what makes some hands more attractive than others, I will share my observations (blog post incoming):

The hands I tend to like the most have slender fingers. It helps to have less noticeable wrinkles on the joints. The joints themselves shouldn't be much wider than the phalanges -- some people have bulbous joints that detract from the shape of the finger. The finger should taper very slightly, enough so that the tip forms a pleasant "U" shape. One of the most important constituants of a nice hand is the shape of the nailbeds -- I can't stress this enough. It makes or breaks. The ideal nail is longer than it is wide, always. It needs to have an arch to it, from the lateral to medial sides; a flat nailbed is just unfortunate. When viewed from the top-down, there musn't be too much or too little skin visible at the sides of the nail. About 1mm of skin visible at the sides is where you want to be.

From what I've seen over the years, brown girls seem to be the most consistent in having nice hands. Indians, pakistani... South Asians, basically. They always seem to have the nicest nail shapes, with graceful fingers and a smooth dorsal side of the hand. Just like described above. Once you go further east and look at the hands of asian girls, though, you'll find they're not as good. Some asian girls have nice hands, but others tend to have square nailbeds, in that the width is similar to the length. Their fingers also seem to not taper much near to the tips, so their fingertips often look like a rounded square instead of a "U". I've seen that some Chinese girls have too much skin at the sides of their nails, when seen from above. All this in combination gives their fingers a stubby appearance, which isn't so flattering. White girls are fairly average, no complaints in particular, you'll see a lot of variety there.

Does it show, or something? I've been cracking my knuckles daily for years now and never noticed anything different.

how do I stop biting my nails

Just don't do it.

As simple as it sounds it's not really as simple as that, that isn't a good statement

Tbh I'm brown but I think Asians (Korean and Japanese only) have nice hands. Their undertone is nice, their skin is pale and their fingers are long and elegant.

I usually keep my nails a few mm longer than my nailbed. When they get 5mm they tend to break

Honestly pay money to get your nails done once every two weeks or something. You'll feel bad about wasting your money if your nails and cuticles are always wrecked.

Also try practicing paying attention to what you're feeling when you bite your nails and be mindful of what you need in that moment and whether or not biting your nails gives you that

This is a really detailed description. I wish I had longer nail beds! I find nails that are tooo curved off-putting though

Continually?

Same for me, although it's pretty accurate t b h

>most of this applies to me
>male
good thing I have excess skin

Im A but gay, what happened?

Yeah, the colour of a nailbed is something that I didn't get into but that does have a lot of importance. I do like that a lot of Asians have nailbeds that closely resemble their skin tone, so it gives a uniform, almost immaculate appearance.

Hey, it's not exclusive to girls. I didn't write about them at all, but I've seen some guys with really nice hands, too. For men, there's an entirely different set of characteristics that I find attractive. I'm a little lazy to get into details like I did yesterday, admittedly, but my general preferences make me lean towards slender "piano-player" hands in men. There's also something really cool about subtle impressions of a network of veins on the dorsal side of the hand.

I agree with you. A too-curved nailbed is just as bad as a flat one. It's always a balance, with these things. On another note, I'll never get how girls can have their nails at, say, 5mm like you wrote in your post, and not accumulate copious amounts of dirt underneath them, or generally maintain a clean appearance.

you aren't a real gay