Livin' the effay lifestyle

what makes someone effay, other than their clothes? reading french novels? listening to classic jazz? drinking whiskey? going alone to the movies to watch reruns of old films? enjoying your own company? thoughts...

not changing their lifestyle based on the approval of people on the internet

Being very attractive, that way your dullness will be mistaken for a dreamy introspection.

Just look at all the male models making le trying to think face.

Spending most of their time sitting in front of their computer
Living with their parents
Not knowing how to drive
Being in school, working a minimum wage job, or being a NEET

Having enough bohemian tropes in your life to fit into the category but with a personal take that makes it diverge enough to not be stereotypical.

There has to be an element of unstudied eccentricity which is hard to simulate if you don't have it.

yeah nice. what kind of tropes you talkin'

be /fitlit/ and youre set

good post in shit thread by vain and affectacious as fuck OP

>read french novels to seem cool

I unironically do all of these
>french novels,
>jazz
>whisky
>movies alone

But it's genuine. If you're trying so hard you will never be what you cretins call "effay"

I imagine OP ordering whiskey and wincing at every sip, looking over his shoulder to see if anyone notices how cool he is

do what you like doing and have a reason for everything you do. be confident in it and be attractive/fashionable as you do it.

>reruns of old films
Wtf do they do this somewhere? Why do i have to live in this god forsaken part of the world, where i have to watch my french art films from a television screen?

"effay lifestyle" is lame and depressing

go make some fucking friends

Just be cool lol

Cool/fashionable is an attitude. It doesn't matter what you're into.

You can be a cool motherfucker whose only hobby is reading manga about girls with penises. Just depends on how you carry yourself socially. Looks help though.

fucking this just be yourself

/thread

It’s too complicated to make friends past 20

This is maybe the most vapid pseud shit I've ever seen on this site

Its really much easier to tell whst isnt cool.

But i much prefer the uneffay suburban couples who unironically enjoy a good pizza or seeing a few movies per year than the uneffay who work maybe in media in a large city with milquetoast liberal opinions and see 2 french movies per year, eat banhmi and really love it, and clothes that look to a mother like cool clothes (think something urbanoutfitters, maybe a bit better)

You probably have to be born effay.

nobody likes whisky at first so you have to persevere to like it, which means at one point you were drinking it to be cool. same with cigs, same with coffee. everything 'cool' is a result of trying to be cool, which means that anything that is cool is actually COMPLETELY UNCOOL.

/thread

Banhmi are delish please stop

All that could be meant when referring to someone as fashionable is them having exceptional personality and character, one's lifestyle is a direct consequence of this and though it can serve as an indicator, it too often gets mistaken for the cause

If we were to have an effay lifestyle, it would have to reflect your style.

most major cities have arthouse cinemas. highly recommended, you also meet interesting people there

I listen to classical music and I play violin. Am I affé yet?

Me :-)

>acquires hobbies based just for aesthetic value
Fucking pathetic. If you can't be who you are with your own genuine interests, then you are a pleb. The people who are Veeky Forums I'd say are people confident enough to make anything they do Veeky Forums.

be yourself faggot, if you do that shit just to be cool you are a fucking tool

As an user said earlier, everything cool is an acquired taste.
You try to be cool, then eventually it becomes second nature to smoke, drink coffee, listen to jazz, etc. People think you're cool because you don't try and they know they couldn't deal with it long enough to like it.
But just doing "cool" things makes you fucking annoying. Sure, listen to jazz and smoke, but don't pretend to hate soccer or basketball for it, do it all. People find being genuine is the coolest thing possible.

went to the movies by myself 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Bow down Veeky Forums I am your god now

HEY! that's minimum wage to plus tips to you buster!

Lol i never take those people seriously. Like, you CAN’T like jazz, that’s too unlikely. Honestly if a person is attractive and dresses decent and just listens to popular music and dislikes indie movie and has an attractive gf and has a lot of good looking friends, that’s a ton more effay than any of you pretentious overcompensating faggots.

I enjoy gigs, art exhibitions and seeing how many times I can jerk off in a day and then beating that record the next day.

>same with cigs
nah, i enjoyed cigarettes by my second one. first one was when i was like 11 and stole one from my dad, second one i smoked with friends when i was 16 and didn't cough so i got a head rush. immediately liked it, heavy secondhand exposure probably helped though.

as for an effay lifestyle, if you're trying it's not effay.
one of the most effay girls i know lives in a complete shithole of an apartment and sleeps next to a teddy bear that has *dubious* stains on it.
objectively this life sounds unhealthy but in the context of her appearance and personality it looks desirable.

whereas, if OP were to let his place go to shit and start humping his stuffed dog he'd probably just look like a mentally ill furfag.

>you CAN'T like jazz
wut mean?

>haha a-at least im not as insecure as you guys...

no way That group of people drank that much beer

>4 people can't kill 15 beers
How's freshman year treating you?

It means you just can’t naturally find jazz to sound good. It’s impossible. You’d have to force yourself to get into it, because you romanticize the kind of people that enjoy it.

If i was a nonwhite, would the girls be as attracted to me?

kek, had a good laugh at this m8.

this board is populated by loser teens in suburban high school who think girls will notice them if they manufacture a 2deep fake lifestyle by wearing third handdesigner rags from grailed.com, streaming french new wave, hanging out at art galleries and smoking marlboro lights (but carefully so mom doesnt smell it when she picks them up in the minivan outside before curfew)

Can I have pictures of this art hoe daddy issue slut?

>implying Chas didn't chug all of those himself