Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/nyx.ttt/
youtube.com/watch?v=HNCAzake9eU
instagram.com/danielrozo_tattoo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

face tat inspo? i wanna get one

absolute degeneracy

nah bro, honestly.

Unless you already have a lot of visible tattoos don't.

unless you're a rapper or professional criminal, don't

brown eyed mongoloid faggot

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>MUTILATING ONE'S BODY.

Ok, so I'm going to need a bit of a rundown on tattoo culture from you guys. I've always admired tats/piercings and for most of my life I've been too hesitant, insecure, w/e to go out and get some (mostly because I was pretty overweight, but now I've lost a good 90lbs). I recently got a helix and nose loop piercing, so I'm slowly becoming more comfortable with these sort of things and now want tattoos.
I've been lurking these threads for a long time and have saved probably 100 images that I really like and mostly wanted to know how to approach getting a design. I know probably the best way to get a tattoo is to design it yourself so your not biting some artists w/o credit, but what about altering a current design? I see so many tattoos posted in these threads that are awesome, but honestly a lot of them are very similar in theme and style and I wanted to know how shameful it is to bring in a drawing and just have them alter it to fit you more. I probably won't travel across the country for a specific tattoo from a specific artists, at least not right now.

I guess I just want to know what you guys think is some good tattoo acquisition etiquette. Thanks

I feel like getting a face tat is more or less saying you would like to die by the age of 30, as you won't be contributing much to anyone or anything after that

Here's an example of a simple tattoo I always see posted here. If I were to replace the crow with an owl and probably change the symbol on the tombstone would that offend a tattoo artist?

Honestly I really like the collection of smaller, black&white tats like and is probably what I eventually want to go for. Sorry to be basic lmao

You're the most annoying poster on Veeky Forums, but this time you're right.

wanna get my first tat soon. Thinking of doing the pantone color swatch I saw on a thread a while back on my forearm, since its small and discreet enough that it wont fuck my job prospects but still look cool. Thoughts?

I'm thinking on getting myself tat'd by this guy. Opinions on his work before I commit?

More stuff at instagram.com/nyx.ttt/

im into eastern orthodox tattoos, very humbling, very nice

goat skelly

That's sick af

this is a really cool documentary

Face/neck tats can only be pulled off by men who actually look intimidating not these 110lbs twinks who couldn't beat up a child

Do you know if there's a longer version than this yt video? youtube.com/watch?v=HNCAzake9eU

Also I drew this pic

agree with except gosling. hes deff not a twink lol

hah I'd never put that on my face but I like the design of it

do some research and find tattoo artists in your area whose style you like. email them and let them know what you want/what ideas you have. if you have some inspo, attach the pic to your email to give them some idea of what you want and where. theyll usually be able to draw something new for you in a similar style. just make sure to be as specific as you can and dont be afraid to ask for alterations to his/her art since its going to be on your body forever

Yea but the gosling tattoo was just for a movie

I dont think they look that good

What do you not like?

I dig that man. All that matters is that you like it

Mine.
I love this thing

I get a lot of compliments on this thing. Planning on getting a geometric anatomically correct heart on my arm for a wear your heart on your sleeve idea

Too random

The simple drawing style only works on small tattoos

Find an artist that you like, email or call and set up a consultation to discuss what u like.. style, location, etc. Make sure you ask how many hours to finish and how much $$. Get a feel for the artist as a person, don’t force the issue if you and the artist don’t “click”. In the end it’s just a tattoo.

user, i've got some bad news for you

I based the colors on the Aurora Borealis

I suffer from anxiety amd it calms me down when I stare at it

I find the reverence of an artists “intellectual property” to be cancerous.

Hahahahaha

Well, that user has his opinion.

Just copying something that will be printed in your skin is something good tattoo artists won't let you do, so I would say find the ideas and show them to your artists, and try to merge them into something special to you. That is what I did with mine. Having a source of inspiration =/= Copying.

Here's my end result for my first tat and...

and this was one of the multiple images I showed him to give him a reference.

My next ones are being referenced by my own drawings, it depends on how much you value your creativity, and how well trained your artists is to design something aesthetic too.

Love that line work man

He's an extremely skilled local artists, and also a close friend.
instagram.com/danielrozo_tattoo/

Also I recommend trying to go to tattoo conventions to meet more local artists, going into local shops to check out their styles and price ranges.

>instagram.com/nyx.ttt/
dope

Cannibal plague

Based

I believe in an interview with the goose himself he said he regretted putting on a face tattoo for the film. If he of all people felt regret from doing just a temporary tattoo, imagine the regret you may feel if you do it.

Either way your life not mine. I say if you have a scar to cover up then it's acceptable

thoughts about calvin and hobbes tattoo? thinking about this

fucking autistic loser lmao

Yo, what up!

i think they look okay on my fingers. i'm satisfied with them

Where should I get this?

I would really like it somewhere in the arms.

It depends, do you plan to get more stuff in your arms?

t.

he's trying to go for the woodcut/etching tat aesthetic but can't really nail it. the floral is alright, but the other ones I feel would look better if they were...done by someone else.

these are very cool

It'll probably be hard to mess up, but pretty basic, t b h

Such a gay fucking emo band... damn that's embarrassing. This is something I'd get in middle school

Tattoos are for degenerates.

Lmfao jesus fucking christ hahahahahahahaha holy fuck hahahahahahahzhahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH HO HOHO HO HO HO HO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHURRHURRHURRHURRHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHDUMBFUCKHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
hoq do you even many in day to day life, manchild? Gay pride tattoo
.... oh god
Lets look at that tattoo again.
Oh no.
OH NO NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGGAHGAHAHGAHAHAHAHAHAGGAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFAGGOTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I think you are reaching.

just make your phone background some flashing lights then you spastic dont get a shitty tattoo

Aurora borealis, at this time of year at this time of day in this part of the country localized entirely on your arm?

>not a fan of the average edgy Veeky Forums tattoos that always get posted.
>American traditional is just cringey at this point
>realistic black and grey tattoos seem a bit too normie and boring

I've been considering geometrical stuff for a long time, but I'm unsure if this is cultural appropriation or not. It's also becoming a bit too cliche maybe.

Anyway, thoughts on geometrical tattoos?

Shit.
Classical paintings reimagined as tattoos a GOAT

>drawing it yourself.
Are you retarded?

For god sake user, if you take drawing even only a little serious, don't draw it yourself.

Ideas for my next ones. This is made from a patch, that's why the lines are so rugged. Would get it without the heart though.

this one is pretty rough too, I just took a NASA picture and turned up the contrast.

Thinking of getting something based around this album cover, either just the middle part in black and white or maybe arranging some of the symbols around the middle part in a ring type pattern idk. Thoughts?

most recent 1

Thots on this for a tattoo? I'd probably axe the people, but idk what to do with the chain. Maybe leave as is pointing down to the XV?

another newer one when it was still juicy

Dont you sand people mutilate your bodies when you kaboom yourselves for allah and pussy.

Ok awesome that's what I was hoping. Sadly I don't live in a huge city but I can go to Seattle, WA pretty quick, so I'll look up artists there and see how they can add their own style to existing pieces.

Yeah I feel you. I guess I was worried about certain artists just being straight better than others to the point their work couldn't really be replicated.
I do really enjoy doodle styles like pic related, but you're right, I would prefer to draw my own

anyone know the origin of this? All I can find is it's from some 1953 newspaper

Most tattoo artists really don't care all that much. It's bad etiquette to just rip a tattoo directly and make the artist give it to you as is. You usually want to give your artist some creative freedom. e.g I want a black and white skeleton tattoo, draw a design for me please. Some tattoo artist are pricks and will only do originals or are very specific in placing etc. Don't really mess with these artists that much. Imo, they are usually just egotistic and not as good as they think they are.

This is not the most common tattoo ever, but it is pretty common. I want it myself. I would ask the artist to try and add something to it. Give them a chance to change it around. They are an artist after all. Tattoos boil down to an artist being commissioned for drawing something. Give them some artistic liberty and it will pay off (no shame in telling them you just don't like it). Best of luck.

Two on the right aren't bad, but they just aren't good. Seems like he can do landscapes pretty well though. I'd say if you're getting something related to what's on the left then go for it. In terms of more realistic looking things, maybe look else where (that is if there are better artist nearby)

Hate to say it, but I feel like that idea is really over done and feminine. A traditional heart would look better imo, but its your arm.

Your artist is great man. Excellent line work, shading, and everything is just perfect. Quality tattoo.

Still seems pretty new, but it seems like there is a decent amount of scarring? I like it, but it just seems like your artist bared down pretty hard. Take extra care of it and you should be fine. Might need a touch up in a few years though.

does anyone have the image of the girl with the black hannya mask on her stomach?

Im going american traditional with a geo pattern in the bottom

Some people aren't made for tattoos

I'd like to get something small and in the same area or roughly the same area as his fake tat.

The way I look at it is I want one for me, regardless of the stigma surrounding them. Someone's opinion or potentially not getting a job because of it doesn't bother me as it's my choice. However, I understand taking that into consideration as unfortunately people still view face tattoos with wrong/bad.

Why are all these tattoos bad? Someone pls start a better tattoo thread now desu

Cringe thread?

Tattoos aren't Veeky Forums

From yesterday.
Feels a bit empty, but i like it