Luxury Brands

Is Veeky Forums a fan of any luxury brands? I have a Louis Vuitton wallet but the quality isn't too up to snuff, thinking about copping this. Thoughts?

Anyways, luxury general I guess

Considering this

Don't.

How come?

Unless you're Johnny Depp you cannot wear stupid shit like that

>not solely enjoying the luxury of self care and nutrition
>buying expensive items

Clearly a fashion-beta statement. You can honestly wear what you like, and as long as you have confidence doing it and a small amount of sense, you will most likely be able to pull it off.

Only assholes actually think that
In 03 it was pink polos, in 05 it was FCUK shirts and trucker hats, in 07 it was ed Hardy, now, apparently, it's whatever you think is cool

>just be confident bro!

Speaking of which, are there any luxury brands that aren't associated with niggers? Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and D&G are obviously out, and even Goyard has been stolen by Kanye

Lemaire
Most popular brands associate with niggers and are mentioned in rap songs

Loewe, Agnona, Bally.

I like it despite my hatred for gucci

None of these dudes are confident. Look at their body language

Well rings have been around forever, pink polos hasn't.
These guys have an average age of 15 or so, what do you even expect.

no way in hell this was an actual meet up. Yall are lying to me

Which one should I get? I just love the gaudiness of these two, and they are both exactly the same price...

>DUDE WE GET AWAY WITH MAKING DISGUSTING LOOKING STUFF BECAUSE IT'S EXPENSIVE LOL

and i don't hate gucci or anything, have some good looking shit.

LV

I like Louis Vuitton way more than Gucci.

Louis looks better

take gucci

Definitely a fan of luxury brands - although I'm all the more picky about what I buy when I'm gonna spend several hundred €. Absolute favourite is Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini, just ordered another dress today (just from their sale tho, didn't want to pay the full price since there's a 50% chance it won't suit me). Will also buy a pair of Valentino boots within the next few days.

Not a big fan of the most creme de la creme top-notch luxury brands tho. Dior, LV, Chanel, Gucci - to be honest they release at most 2 items per year I cannot resist (latest example: the Gucci Sylvie bag). But the rest is pretty meh.

gucci all day, LV is TRASH

The quality of luxury brands has gone down because the brands have figured out Arabs, Chinese, and niggers just buy them to flaunt their shit and don't care about quality.

So don't.

it's real but he posted the shop

be my effay gf ok ill buy you designer if you buy me designer of equal or higher value

Is Burberrry not luxury?

desu i like bucket hat guy's style
would be better with some skinnier jeans and boots tho

how about you don't waste your money on ugly wallets to show off and instead invest in another nice high quality wallet for a reasonable price.

then maybe you will have some money left to put in your new wallet

chavs ruined it

Suggestions? Links? The previous thread about wallets the guy said Burberry doesn't last though.

Ngl I'm thinking about it

God, I wish there were good fakes of these.

Or at the very least, an alternative. I don't even care about the fact that it's Gucci, I just want a slide w/ that fur that comes in size 11.
It is.

Thoughts on Banana Republic?

When I first saw these I thought they were the ugliest fucking thing in the universe, now I want them

It's premium version of Gap and you are posting in the wrong thread, Banana Republic is not luxury

>take the same old gucci shit from 5 years ago
>put the gayest generic embroidery you can find on it
>sales go up

I love this world

I dont use a wallet

He also said he purchased that wallet a very long time ago; quality changes throughout SEASONS for some brands. It's very possible that the newer stuff is higher quality

Well im girl, i love luxury stuff from chanel and louis vuitton. Gucci just look like a cheap design now idk why

Hillfiger, lacoste, ralph lauren polo

>Fendi
>Thom Browne
>Bottega Veneta
>Hermes
>Burberry (now that its out of its roadman phase and into its asian phase)
>SLP (Blacks can wear it but I wouldn't call it a 'nigger brand' yet) Recent seasons are heading further that way though
>Cartier
>Loewe
There's also a whole bunch of lesser known luxury english/american heritage brands that are almost exclusively white.

It is, just avoid anything with a visible check patterns, except for maybe their scarves.

>Fendi

I don't think so, here in Latin America Fendi is associated with the trap and reggaeton artists.

Fair enough. I don't know about latin america, here in Australia it's worn exclusively by asians.

>There's also a whole bunch of lesser known luxury english/american heritage brands that are almost exclusively white.
Which? I want to buy.

Canadafag here, I can speak to how the brands are represented here (In Toronto)

>Fendi
>Thom Browne
>Botega Veneta
All claimed by rich asians. To them, these brands are just pieces to mix with streetwear.

>Hermes
>Cartier
>Loewe
All pretty white still, seen a couple asian cuties with Hermes bags but its super rare.

>Burberry
Just like Gucci Aces, nearly everyone wears fakes. Its pretty fucking pathetic but when you see some full H&M brown guy(Not hating on skin color ofc) with his Chelseas and burb scarf you just know. Same thing with older Filipino women, its popularity tainted the brand and makes it seem cheap and trendy. The same shit happened to LV and its pretty sad honestly.

>SLP
I only see the sneakers on people. Good mix of Black, White, and Asian tbqh

>Australian
kek
you low tier Anglo people opinion doesnt matter here when it comes to fashion

bump

If you go to the slp buy sell trade group on facebook, slp is 75% white 20% asian and 5% black imo

This is how it is in Europe and Australia as well in my experience. Wasn't listing 'white' brands, just brands that weren't 'claimed by blacks'.

t.

Not luxury at all if that's what you're wondering, but if you're a tall skinny guy their clothes fit like an absolute dream. My go to for basics for sure.

The Gucci one will fall apart

>mfw black and love thom Browne.

chinos with all money and no taste and nigs who follow culture shit up brands, as do many groups of people e.g. chavs and stone island

Yep. From personal experience a lot of the luxury brand wallets use some sort of plastic/PVC for their signature design which turns into a absolute crapshoot after a couple of years. And if it doesn't the edges or corners will fray or the binding will go. Luxury wallets, unless its 100% full leather, are pretty shit-tier quality to lifespan wise, IMO not worth the $200+ price tag.

should I cop or is it too much of a meme at this point?

I have several Gucci print washbag from the 80's that were my grandpa's and the canvas print is literally in perfect condition. they're in better condition than most of his leather shit from that era. The canvas will not fall apart, if anything does it'll be the leather on the top after many years. Fair enough if you don't like the design, but gucci canvas print doesn't fuck around.
Pic related. This bag is 30+ years old and while the leather is showing its age, the canvas is absolutely perfect.

>Gucci
>from the 80s

it's 2018 dude. not the same product

>not posting the original

Sure they've probably changed a lot with their manufacturing in general, but do you have a source that they've changed their canvas material? The recent gucci print I've seen feels exactly the same.

it's not the canvas, it's the entire construction. and yes it does feel inferior, much more rubbery and cheap. the monogram just fades after a while

every Gucci product I've bought in the past 10 years has fallen apart to some degree. Prada stuff in comparison is borderline indestructible

Fair enough I'll take your word for it. I don't really fuck with Gucci much anyway, it's too played out. All the prada I own is indestructible like you say, but that's because its all black nylon.

leather, nylon, wool, whatever. Prada stuff can't die. Gucci just rides on the brand and the aesthetic. I personally don't like their design philosophy, all this arts and crafts bullshit and poorly drawn nature patches

It really does feel like they've recognised their time at the top is limited, and they've decided to churn out as much bullshit as possible to bleed it dry. I still rate their 1953 loafers and every now and then there's a piece or two that looks fantastic, but it honestly just feels like a case of 'if you throw enough shit at the wall, eventually some of it will stick'.

Not the person you responded to, but I have a few Gucci items that are in good shape after multiple years of use. Granted, they aren’t wallets and I don’t wear them nearly every day. I would never get a Gucci wallet. I just want to point out not everything they make is total shit. I feel like sometimes people have unreasonable expectations when it comes to how often you can wear well made items without them falling apart. Give your shoes days off, put shoes trees in them, etc. It’s more complicated than good things lasting forever and shit falling apart after 5 years.

On the topic of long lasting, though, if you get a tweed suit from a good old English company that shit will last forever. Those things are nearly indestructible.

yeah I feel like Alessandro has some real talent but his first collection blew up so much that they're not letting him do something else, and they're doing a bunch of really cheap ass applications by slapping his designs on the classic monogram print shit and calling it a day

I always thought luxury brand = quality? If a $30 wallet can outlive a $400 with daily pocket wear isn't there a problem with the luxury brand? I buy a pair of $500 shoes I expect them to last longer than a pair of $50 new balances, right? Or is my logic wrong?

In general yes, but you have to compare products with the same materials. A $50 nylon or garbadine wallet will probably outlast even the most expensive designer leather wallets, (it just wont look as nice). Similarly, Your $50 New Balances might last longer than a pair of gucci loafers if you were taking them hiking or in the rain or shit like that. That said, $50 new balances shouldn't last as long as expensive designer trainers if they're used for exactly the same activities.

luxury brand = hype (and possibly quality)

most of the price is hype, construction-wise most luxury items aren't all that expensive to make. that's why you see stuff get marked down 70% in high end department stores. they can sell those items for a fraction of retail and still make money.

the only real way to figure out what's good and what's crap is to try something yourself. not everything that a luxury house makes is equal quality. Take Burberry: their outerwear is really good, but their shoes and wallets and belts are bollocks. Similarly Fendi makes world-class furs and good bags, but you'd have to be retarded to buy their clothes

What says,basically. If you just want something that will last, you go synthetic every single time. More expensive materials tend to look more interesting, feel better, and buy you some of dat dere social capital. You buy wool socks because they’re warm and moisture wicking, but they’ll get wrecked in a year or two if you put them through the hot wash once a week. This is basically why I wouldn’t ever drop big money on a wallet. You know it’s going to be subjected to a lot of abuse with opening, closing, sliding in you pocket, compression, expansion when it gets full. In contrast, a sweater you wear once or twice a week on average can last forever.