self bump

Also known as softboys

Fundamentals:
Vans/Converse
Light wash denim
Black denim
Stripes
Cropped pants

That russian swastika monkey had her tats removed, there's a video of it too.

Veeky Forums being this laggard

youtube.com/watch?v=ozPK6pXUfTg

What are some good jackets for this style?

Did you post in the wrong thread?

Also good for her.

Carhartt work jackets are pretty gud

Agreed with , denim jackets are pretty standard too. Maybe a field jacket if you make sure to keep your whole fit away from military/punk stuff - something like a field jacket over a thick knit sweater.

I think art hoe style is allowed either a military jacket or combat boots but not both or you'll just look like 2013 Veeky Forums

id on jeans ?

coach jacket

Coach jackets. Light denim. Tucked teeshirts with jeans. Slim fit pants while being thin enough that they're still loose on you. Septum ring. Nostril ring. Black ink/silhouette tattoos, especially on forearms. Converse. Canvas skate shoes. Crew neck sweaters. Buzzcut. Undercut. Circular lense glasses. Keys hooked into belt loop with obscure lanyards attached. Driving japanese economy sportscars from the 80's, bonus points if restored/in good condition. Being an actual artist. Interest in music, films, animation, painting, reading. Laid back but happy and reserved personality. Poverty to middle class. Into an alternative sport usually (skateboarding, bmx, drifting, etc). Casual drug use (mdma, weed, opiates) without ever becoming an addict. Usually into photography. Good social track record despite not going out of his way to meet people (friends in different states, knows interesting and skilled people, etc). Travels or wants to travel to foreign countries. Usually has a decent amount of girls after him despite not being traditionally manly. Good facial aesthetics, average to below average muscular build, low bodyfat percentage. Usually a fan of weird niche hobbies/toys (kendama for example). White, mixed race or hispanic usually. Uncommon for asians and blacks. Well spoken, usually without an identifiable accent if american. Uses words like "rad, dude, homie" unironically. May not be strictly liberal but does not harbor hatred for other races, or simply doesn't care enough to. Possibly even politically unaligned. May have stupid facial hair but usually doesn't.

Summed up the profile of the male art-hoe for you.

she got her face tats in general removed, retard

>May have stupid facial hair but usually doesn't.

lmao

I am upset by how accurately this describes me.

what a vapid cunt.

I think ASAP Nast can pull art hoes, his wife is a model. You should check out his IG he's got dope pieces.

What the fuck

levi's 501 I imagine

We should play bingo with this.

I believe that's called alt-bro-core

I-I'm asian so it doesn't count

How to tell if 501 or 505? Not necessarily for OP's image, but in general. There have been a couple of movies where I've been unsure (ie To Live and Die in LA)

501 has a button fly with slightly different stitching

Well shit, all I need is the clothing and body mods and I'm good

All I need is a social circle and the body mods and the drugs. Fortunately I'm not into photography but damn. Why am I the victim of a schema? I want to be a REAL human being. I don't want to belong to a schema, I want to be an individual. I want to be real. I can't stand reality because I feel like no one else is real. Becuase everyone is caught up in something and I'm not. Even though I fit your profile to a T (I mean, I'm not into an alternative sport but back in high school I ran cross country which is niche), I hate it. I don't want acceptance into this world, this subculture or to the concept of the schema despite my acknowledgment of its truth. I can't stand the truth- it's vile, malicious and infringes on my ideological beliefs and freedoms. Objective standards are restraining and are opposed to my transhuman feelings. I want to throw up

You sound too pretentious to be this archetype

It's not like I voice any of it to anyone UNLESS they ask. I just find the lack of complexity in most people disturbing. Subcultures are like boxes of cereal- yeah there are different colored fruit loops or different shaped marshmallows, but at the end of the day they're ALL cereal. I was hoping I didn't fit into any of these boxes, but just as user described, here I am.

Even your struggle to be a true individual aligns you with the schema

No escape my man :)(

I agree. In fact, I recognized through the power of observation present in all humans to recognize the specific schema you described and distanced myself from THEM as well! It appears that in doing so I stumbled into yet another schema. So I guess the only alternative is to address one of the core concepts for my belief system: schemas. However it is so obvious in my everyday life and so prevalent in my observations, I don't know how I will begin to discredit it. I feel like the only person I've defeated is myself. I'm sorry for being so self centered in my posts, but Has shaken me to my core. I don't know what to do now

fuck you dude

Don't let it get to you. There's so many people in existence that you can't actually be unique. Just because others are similar doesn't make it any less legitimate. You're a person, you're you. The only one whose lived the things you've experienced. The things I listed there are material. They're not you. You like them because they represent you, and other people liking the same things doesn't change who you are.

Sincerely,
The dude who wrote that post, and described myself as well as you all perfectly while doing so.

How is it possible to be an individual within a schema? And I don't mean one specific cornflake that is shapen slightly different from the others- or the fact that it is a particular unit seperate from the others, solely due to the fact that you can islolate specific cornflakes?

You can't. Don't worry about it, just enjoy life.

You'll be unique to the people who know you personally along the way.

He writes brief yet incredibly detailed characterizations wherein a flash of eyes or a tilt of the head somehow reveal large chunks of suspicion, motivation or plot come to the surface.

That’s fucking scary as fuck how you described me dude. My alt sport is long boarding and jiujitsu. I’m also vegetarian

His prose seemed familiar to me. Sounds like the results of the Big 5 Personality test honestly.
The only way to be real is to remove the systems the schemas are founded upon. That or discredit the concept

This is me as fuck, but why so many anons mad about falling into X or Y archetype? Most people do just because of how many niche schemas as you all are calling them are defined in some way these days. As long as there's more to you than these semi-vague descriptors you're fine

man I wonder if we would have been bros
never really met somebody else hat fits this archetype but this post reassured me that the world is pretty fucking big
we are all art hoes homie

We'll, I guess we're just shocked about reality. Personally I'm mortified. I can't believe that this whole time I fit a schema. At least descriptively. We are much more than these words- but it's like you look at a meme like this and realize you fit it nearly perfectly- how can reality be this way, esp when you thought you couldn't possibly fit in anywhere? What described...in my flyover state I've never met or seen anyone like that. Yet I've developed into it. Reality is so surprising. It finds new ways to disappoint me everyday

Yeah, I guess not coming from a city it makes more sense to be surprised. A bunch of dudes from my group fit some parts of that description or another so I actually sent it over when I saw it, they got a kick out of it. I think it's kinda cool to me that "outgroup" type people like this can pop up just anywhere being influenced just by whatever internet subcultures instead of taking after people they know irl...but again I can totally see how it'd be weird
I dunno, people are crazy

he's black, you cannot be art hoe and black at the same time

user there's nobody like me in my town so I'm disturbed. How is this phenomenon explained? Help?

You definitely can, it started out as a black thing

I'm no sociologist but I'd guess you were inspired, consciously or not, by e-celebrities, influencers, maybe musicians what have you who are relevant to your interests. This works for both interests/hobbies - you see them doing something, try it out and take a liking to it, and ways of dressing.

RIGHT. Yes I agree. But it was random. I used my own aesthetic tastes to do make up this look. I was influenced sure, but the parts were seperate, not all in one cohesive group (like a style influenced by Yung Lean and early SBE). I can't think of a single prototypical celeb for this . Can you? Where spefically do we get it from?

doesnt seem like casual/oversize shirts are indie/art as much as they used to but its 90% of my wardrobe

No, but it doesn't need to be inspired by one person. I think people who find partial inspiration from the same influencer will likely be attracted to the same/similar other influencers.
Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, it's late here and there's confusing language to describe the phenomenon.

>tfw caught somewhere in the middle between art hoe and fashionable chad.

I've got broad shoulders and a robust jaw so I can't pull the softboy artsy look but I've got all the personality characteristics ticked (besides going to the gym six days a week).

>Attract stacy's but lack innate chad behavior to capitalize
>Wan't Natalie's but they automatically assume I'm a fucking douche
>Life in limbo is suffering

ugh i just hate how unique and different i am like my life is so hard cause im such an individual and nobody understands me

if you are like this do everyone a favor and neck yourself

See you get the idea

Yea you can.

That's kinda why I can't fucking stand this 'trend' you feel indifferent and detached by choice
you aren't actually special, everyone has it hard, the only difference is that for whatever reason you decide to wear this shit on your sleeve and define yourself through it instead of thriving for better

That's good shit

and just guessing but the people who feel this trend hits close to home are either in their very late teens or early 20s
yeah, feeling bit lost and overwhelmed when you are 23 is totally unique state to this very age we live in and you totally should define yourself in this kinda tender age through looking like last years streetwear trends while looking aloof in hip internet way and smoking weed every day, that'll definitely help you find answers in life

You're assuming a lot of things about an anonymous individual on the internet. I'd say I'm very happy with my lot in life. If you think not being totally committed to either end of the art hoe-chad spectrum is inhibiting me from living my best life you're mistaken. Also it's the fucking internet, I'm dramatizing my life isn't "suffering".

>"suffering"
never said that
that kinda slip doesn't really make me convinced but good on you if you are happy, for real
you gotta actively work to keep it that way

Being vegetarian is hella lame.

Don't actually use that as some sort of cred.

Either be vegan or fuck off with your shit.

was referring to my original post, bottom line wasn't a slip and I hope you take this in the least hostile way,but stop assuming so much I'm just here to blog post.

Also thanks I hope you're leading a life you're happy with as well.

I hate you

Nah, i like myself. If people being into different things than you makes you so angry, i've got some bad news about life for you.

Maybe you should save yourself the trouble of having to deal with it and do it yourself.

this is the saddest attempt trying to burn someone I've seen
just as expected from someone in to this shit

It wasn't an attempt at a burn. Just stating a fact.

If you can't handle people being into different things than you, well you're in for a really depressing life. Funny that liberals get called snowflakes when you're type feels offended to the point of telling someone to kill themselves because they wear different clothing than you.

Fuckin' loser.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

>maybe you should
that's a suggestion not a fact, google the difference if english isn't your first language
>Funny that liberals get called snowflakes when you're type feels offended
how in the fuck did you manage to bring politics in to this
what the fuck is wrong with you

all i'm hearing is
"I can't handle people being different from me because i'm an actual toddler"

varsity jackets

and yeah, sorry for making it political. I'm in that kind of mood because /pol/ is spilling over into other boards and making them absolute garbage.

Other point still stands though. If someone innocuously being into things that you're not into actually pisses you off, you've got some issues my man.

>pisses you off
it doesn't, thank you for your concern

it obviously did though. Unless you just tell people to kill themselves because you're happy and in a good mood.

In which case you still probably have something wrong with you.

embarrassing post

this reads like Fitter, Happier by Radiohead

>this is me but im black
what does it mean?

You are Steve Lacey

kek

Agreed. You all think it's really cute that you fit into a kitschy little archetype, but everybody who is actually like this is insufferable.

S H E R P A

this just describes like 70% of people that aren't autist losers

Wait is this thread about art hoes or soyboys?

not me but sounds like a cool dude desu. would chill with

This is exactly my boyfriend. And he likes the art hoe aesthetic too so sometimes he suggests different clothing for me to wear that I'm kinda not into. I'm from /cgl/ so idk how this happened.

I love this picture

>usually without an identifiable accent if american
This is literally impossible.

>This