Skin care thread

post your routine

also thoughts on this brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

paulaschoice.com.au/skin-perfecting-2pct-bha-liquid/201.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jeans from Imogene + Willie

Wtf are you doing

Could someone point my in the direction of a nice moisturizer and some nice Exfoliant?

best moisturizers are the ones without a lot of fragrance and random filler shit. clinique makes good hypoallergenic ones for diff skin types, but expensive. good cheap drugstore ones are cetaphil, cerave, or nivea stuff

[weight in lbs/2]oz of water/day
(weight in kg)oz water/day
64oz= Gallon
33.814oz = Liter

aesop is a meme

for a daily moisturizer i use the clinque for men face moisturizer. unscented, no bullshit. afterwards i put on a high spf sunblock made by shiseido

every other day i'll use a japanese brand hyaluronic acid serum before the moisturizer and sunblock.

once a week before bed i use a prescription retenoid cream as a chemical exfoliant, followed by at least two layers of cere ve cream, with a final light coat of aquaphor.

How to fight excessively oily skin? Been using Cerave cleanser + moisturizer in the mornings and hyaluronic acid serum (with no additional lotion) before bed. Been doing this for months without any improvement.

A gallon in 128 oz dipshit

I keep my hands and feet soft by smearing on Aquaphor (which alongside Vaseline is the strongest general purpose moisturizer) then wearing cotton gloves and socks over them at night.

Areas with large pores like on the nose and cheeks are dabbed with Walmart brand salicylic acid, entire face gets a thin application of Differin. I moisturize over all of my face with Lubriderm Daily Moisture.

I bathe with unscented bar soap which is quantitatively better at washing away muck than fancy body washes and other gimmicks, but is also the most drying. I use Lubriderm over all the trouble areas soon after showering.

I avoid shampooing if I can help it so usually I will shampoo three times a week at the most, usually after a workout. Just ordinary Head and Shoulders classic. After the shower I apply - guess what - Lubriderm right into the hair. Anyways, I have tried progressively more expensive products only to discover the cheap stuff works better. I don't have a particular thing for Lubriderm but it works for me, and I don't doubt Aveeno or Cerave or whatnot work just as well. Basically my entire skin care life is an unending war against dryness and fragrances.

t. Eczema bro

If your skin wants to make oil it's going to make oil. Keep a pack of baby wipes around and wipe yourself off when you look too shiny.

Does dermarolling really make fade some scars?

I run outside in the mornings to get sunlight and open pores.
If I go to the gym that day I do 10-15 mins in the steam room followed by gym soap for my face.
I just use body soap for my face and have minimal to no pimples (age 21).
When I was a little younger I would use 5 step cleaning washes, anti acne medicated creams.
The best thing for me is regular sunlight, steam, and LOW STRESS. Emphasis on the last bit.

Oh, and one more thing I do that's a bit different from the norm. When I shower, I set the water to as cold a temperature as I can withstand.

Would just regular daily skin care heal this sort of thing or would I need something more acne centered or heavy duty? It bumps up when I shave

I'm in Asia at the moment so there's a lot of supposedly good skin products. Is there actually any difference between an $80 and $10 moisturiser?
My gf is Asian and has perfect skin and swears by these expensive products but that could just be her Asian genetics

shave around it or you're going to fuck your skin
proper care could help, as could medication if your pimples are particularly bad. I'm not a dermatologist so I can't really comment on whether you need it or not, but treatment can completely stop acne altogether, albeit with some shitty side effects

for me stress is a very big factor i my acne but I am easily stressed and feel a lot of it every day. Could you point me some tips?

I'm a noob with a cetaphil cleanser+ cerave moinsturizer. I don't get much pimples anymore but this keeps my skin good enough. I wish I had enough willpower to look into exfoliating to fade some scars I have.

>Update
For me the solution to that was cleaning up my diet

any advice for rosacea? im going back to the doc soon 'cause my 3-month treatment with doxycycline didn't do shite.

accutane :-)

Azelaic Acid

>$50
What a scam

Opinions on using cleanser twice a day (morning and before bed) or just once a day (before bed). Which is better?

this, was on it two years ago and had flawless skin ever since

>aesop is a meme
Y tho?

The handful of products I've had from them work well. Price isn't really an issue.

Rosaceafag here

I'm gonna be blunt: you're going to live with it and it's going to suck. Pick up a tinted moisturizer and a good acne cream for breakouts.

It's essentially overpriced snake oil. The are similar products that achieve the exact same effect for a fraction of the price.

>>similar products that achieve the exact same effect
So...nothing? You've basically described all beauty products.

What are you having trouble understanding? That shit is overpriced (meme) that achieves the same effect as lower priced products. Bottom line. Stop wasting your money and falling for the scam.

Snake oil by definition doesn't do anything. So you're telling people to eschew one product that does nothing for another cheaper one that...does nothing. I was just quipping (perhaps ignorantly) that maybe all beauty products are snake oil.

Snake oil or not, you keep missing the point I am so desperately trying to get across to you. You are wasting money on a product that achieves the similar effect. Stop wasting your money. Cannot you see I am trying to help you?

I use the Aesop hand cream and lip balm and I like them for the fragrance more than anything. I have a hard time finding things like hand cream that have an interesting frag. I have a facial booked at the Aesop later this month, I'll let you know how it goes.

This is my current "routine"

AM
>Dermalogica essential cleansing solution
>Dermalogica multi active toner
>Pure + Simple hydration serum (not sure how much I like this, but I've been using it for about 6 months now, suggested by the woman who does my facials)

>The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid + B5 2%
>Dermalogica intensive eye repair
>The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA or Dermalogica barrier repair if it's windy outside
>La Roche Posay Anthelios dry touch gel cream sunscreen

PM
>Dermalogica precleanse (considering changing to a micellar water to remove makeup)
>Avène mattifying foam cleanser
>Dermalogica multi active toner
>The Ordinary HA + B5 2%
>The Ordinary Buffet
>Dermalogica intensive eye repair
>The Ordinary Plant-derived squalane
>Dermalogica intensive moisture balance moisturizer
>Clarins lip oil

Exfoliate 2x a week with dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant

If I ever need to spot treat, I use The Ordinary SA 2%

No, I'm not missing your point (I don't buy Aesop or anything), but my jab apparently went whooshing over your head. If Aesop does nothing—that is, if it's snake oil—then a cheaper product that "achieves [a] similar effect" will also do nothing. You're telling me to buy a cheaper products that has no effect. I wonder, why buy anything?

Right, you're arguing semantics. Good for you?

i'm such an aesop victim desu. this is embarrasing but it helps my skin so whatever

Oh dear...

I should have mentioned my friend used to work at aesop, so whenever I'd buy one or two products, he'd slip in a couple more + a handful of testers. Its why I have a lot...

>La Roche Posay Anthelios dry touch gel cream sunscreen
would you rec it?

Is paulas choice still a go to when it comes to bha exfoliants?

You should report your friend for stealing.

Get rid of energy vampires in your life.
Make exercise a daily regimen.
Find a low stress job.
Make sure you feel like you're in control of your life.

Can you give an example of an "energy vampire"

I just cleanse daily with a bioderma sensibio cleaner (it's great). I also used the Neutrogena Naturals one when I was in Canada which was great too but I can't get it in EU.

Exfoliate every 3 days in the shower after a shave with the louis widmer (no perfume or other bullshit)

Moisturise with a cheapo random moisturizer that farmers also use to keep the udders of cows nice and healthy.

That's about it, I may alternate from moisturizers from time to time but I mostly use the above and sometimes just a homemade blend of oils (castor/jojoba oil with 5% peppermint essential oil)

I used to worry over my skin care so much and wasted tons of money. I'm trying out just warm water and nothing else. It's been 2 weeks and my skin has been the best it's been in a while with only a few small pimples that I put light BP on at night. I'll keep going and see what happens

get an electric razor my bitch

mom

saved to my comfy folder, thanks!

Not really. it's gentle on my skin and it serves its purpose, but there's nothing special about it. If I'm not wearing makeup it leaves a weird bluish white cast over my skin. I'm going to try the glossier sunscreen and maybe switch to that since it's a clear gel formula instead of a cream

My nose gets really oily so I have to bring blotting sheets everywhere. What can I do to stop being so greasy? I just use the Cetaphil facial cleanser, moisturizer, and this matte sunscreen I get from my dermatologist. I cleanse again at night and occasional use glycolic acid to exfoliate.

What's the scent difference between the deodorant and the herbal deodorant?

The herbal deodarant smells like herbs.. lol.

Can't remember how the other one smells.

Also I would not rec the deodorant actually, it didn't really do anything. Might as well spray your pits with herbal water.

If you're looking for a deodarant I'd rec YSL L'homme. works well smells well.

Fair enough. I figured it was possibly worthless. Any good Aesop recs? Looking to build a nice selection. Love everything thus far (the parsley seed stuff, I need a serum though)

the exfoliant paste is great. also the B & tea toner is one of my favorites, along with the parsley seed facial cleanser. Then again, it's tailored for my skin type so when you go to one of their stores, they'll usually assist you based on your skin type

anyone use paulas choice products?

About how long does the exfoliant paste last you? I can't ever seem to gauge Aesop products because sometimes the size is misleading because you don't use much.

Should I have a skin care routine? The only thing I do is wash my face twice a day and I never wear makeup (rarely I apply homemade clay mask like once in two months or so). My skin is very smooth and soft, everyone always asks me to touch my cheeks because they're baby soft, never had any problems with acne and I usually get one pimple during that time of the month but I leave it there and wait till it's gone, never popped a pimple in my life and the idea of doing it grosses me out desu. Now I was wondering maybe I should use sunscreen since I live in a relatively warm place and don't want to age quickly even though I look way younger for my age for now at least. I wish I had a skin care routine but I have no idea where to start and don't want to buy hundreds of products and never use them or get oily skin or make my situation worse. I'm not even sure about the difference between a moisturizer, exfoliator and cleanser, and which you apply first etc. If it really makes your skin better I'll give it a go and I've read the sticky already, I just want to be sure it doesn't irritate my skin if they have any chemicals or alcohol.

As a man what steps should I follow in the AM/PM as in what products (just generic like cleanser, toner, etc) and order should I work toward?

They are great I use the skin perfecting AHA gel and the daily skin clearing treatment and have seen great improvement.

complete newfag here. Please help. 18 currently, had these things since I was 16. They come back when I try to clean them by hand

Bros, how do I deal with enlarged pores and blackheads on my face. I don't get a lot of acne but these pores always get clogged and it's annoying. Also my nose is full of blackheads too

bump

I cleanse and moisteruse ever morning before/after my shower, and I've read that you're meant to cleanse and moisturise before spot treatment (e.g BP) at night.
I get why you should cleanse in the evenings (to remove shit that's accrued on your skin throughout the day) but I don't really understand why you're meant to moisturise then as well. I haven't been doing this, but should I start?

morning
>splash of water
>stridex pads
>olay regenerist cream
evening
>insta natural glycolic cleanser
>vit c serum
>olay regenerist cream
>generic eye cream from amazon
once a week I'll use a indian clay mask or mud mask

i think it's because skin tends to dry out at night when you go to sleep

Bought my first one this summer and I still have some left but it's getting there.

That said, I'm using it simultaneously as my Facial Cleanser, depending on my skin. So that has helped make it last that long

Fatty alcohols break me out really bad. 99% of drugstore moisturizers seem to have them. Thinking of trying Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel but it has cetearyl olivate and I'm scared that will break me out and I'll have wasted my money.

I would like to start Differin but I know it's drying so I need a moisturizer I can use. Any recs?

How do I fix this part of my nose? It's usually more redder and porous than the rest.

laser treatment

STOP ASKING FOR HELP IF YOU DONT HAVE AT LEAST A BASIC SKINCARE ROUTINE

AM
>cleanser
>moisturizer lotion

PM
>cleanser
>AHA, BHA or both
>moisturizer cream

good brands are cetaphil, cerave, the ordinary, paula's choice and clinique. the first two are the cheaper options and work almost exactly as good as the other products. The ordinary is a very cheap but VERY good choice for AHA, BHA, topical retinoids, serums (niacinamide, vitamin c, etc). yes, 15 euros/pounds/dollars may seem expensive for a large pump of cleanser or moisturzer or whatever, but they last for months and months. I've tried TONS of products from expensive shit to cheaper alternatives. here are my general foundings. of course my opinion is subjective. my skin is a little sensitive with a more than regular oily T-zone.

1/2

Me too I'd like to know how to get rid of them as well. BUMP

>store brands
cheap and effective, but harsh and doesnt feel nice

>cetaphil/cerave
goat goat goat. i have limited access to cerave but, but i tried their cleanser and moisturizers. currently use cetaphil cleanser (face and face+body are the same), cetaphil lotion and cetaphil cream mosturizer. all regular, so no foaming or with SPF whatever

>clinique, paulas choice
not really the same, but similar price ranges. both are very effective, but not every clinique products are worth it. i tried some 60 something day cream which was REALLY GOOD, but not that good for the price. package only lasted like forty days too. paulas choice is very "scientific" but expensive

>the ordinary
GOAT GOAT GOAT, use a fuck ton of their stuff. not all of their products are good, so look through the reviews a little bit. other products by DECIEM (main company) are shit imho. their products are really fucking cheap too.
currently use advanced retinoid, lactic acid + HA, salycilic acid 2% and niacinamide + zinc. also argan oil for muh hair

>nivea
uhhhhhhhhh meh cheap but not too effective. all (i think?) exfoliants still have crunch thingies in them, which is a huge big time meme and literlly fugss ur skin. other shit is scented and their moisturizer isnt even that good.

>aesop
got a few things from them. pretty much everything they have is highly scented. hand cream, lip balm and pocket sanitizer are pretty good, also because i can handle fragrance on those body parts. their facial peels, cleanser, moisturizer, shampoo etc are a big fucking meme, overpriced and dont work good AT ALL
literally only bought for the meme and looks

2/2

The ordinary is too weird with their names. It's too clinical for me I guess. Products are meh.

they use actual ingredient names rather than "exfoliant". their products only contain one, two or three ingredients have PROVEN effect on the skin, no bullshit mountainflower ingredients that probably dont do shit.

if you're too lazy to get a basic sense of what the actual effective skincare ingredients are, then good luck buying overpriced shit praised by marketing with organic and natural ingredients.

All I have used for years is straight witch hazel and coconut oil. And my skin is baby soft and clear as day. It’s the only thing my face needs.
There will be moments where I do a monthly cleanse where I use a cleanser and a mask (The Charcoal Yes To) along with my witch hazel. But every day I just use straight witch hazel

I do use an Elf hydrating moisturizer and drink for water, ever since a estitician said my face was slightly dehydrated, but that’s about the only generic face moisturizer I use.

I tend to get more benefit from basic elements like witch hazel or Aesop products than their stuff, but to each their own.

Ordered these today. I'm excited. Never used Asian skincare products before.

Anyone have any experience with Soko glam?

bump for you

BHAs are good for clearing out pores. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to reduce pore size (I don't think), so the best way is for you to clear out your pores to minimize their appearance. BHAs and salicylic acid can do this, as well as help with blackheads.

If you have blackheads on your nose, they are actually called sebaceous filaments. They are natural and everyone gets them. But BHAs do the same job here and can get rid of all the gunk that's there.

I've used Cosrx blackhead power liquid (salicylic acid) and the Ordinary''s 2% salicylic acid. Both are pretty good for pores/blackheads and oiliness in general. Be careful using these products though, you can over exfoliate your skin and just make things worse. Be sure to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized when you're using them and don't over do it.

I've used the high moist for a long time now and it's one of my favorite toners. Super good at brightening and hydrating the skin.

I'm planning on ordering the perfect milk soon too though since I want a more matte finish than the watery essence gave me.

Asian products are pretty good, they make up half my routine but most of them are moisturizers, serums and hydrators. I tend to stick to western products for Vitamin C and chemical exfoliation.

Damn it looks like you just have great genetics then. Coconut oil is pretty shit for most people's skin, it's pretty comedogenic. I wish I could do that and have nice skin. Have you always had nice skin?

clinique is trash, they pay jack shit for their shit ingredients and put most towards marketing. Please don't give advice.

BHA

like stridex pads?

no paulaschoice.com.au/skin-perfecting-2pct-bha-liquid/201.html

>tfw accutane dryness
JUST

let me rephrase that
the only thing I can find where I live (slavland) is these stridex pads.
I would order Paula's Choice but the shipping is more expensive than the product itself

oh yeah you can use them then i just find pc is a lot better

the herbal deodorant smells mostly like sage. the normal one smells way better imo. i tried both, but always just go back to the thai stone

So do I. Check out Dr. Lin Hydrating Gel. I was using the Clinique gel with good results but I really couldn’t afford it anymore.

yes dermarolling will help your indented scars. go to a derm/spa unless you do all the necessary research and precautions to not mess up your face (also you cant have any acne or other issues if you do it or else you'll inject bacteria all over your face)

get a facial once every quarter -- someone good, not a bubble gum popping acid queen. find someone who once suffered with bad skin ... they usually know what really works.

in short, hydration and consistency are key -- along with simple ingredients. Dr. Jart = pricey but good if you're looking for a moisturizer. La roche posey is french drugstore sold at Target -- get the toleraine cleanser from them. toners are kind of bs -- but I use colloidal silver to make sure my skin is extra clean before apply any product. there are so many more steps, but all you need to know is end every other day with a sheet mask --on the off days end with an exfoliator of sorts.

Dudes with facial hair: do you apply things like toner or exfoliant or whatnot to your beard area as well? I'm not sure if I work around my facial hair or not.

Maybe. If your exfoliant is physical -- yes. Chemical -- not so sure I would do that, might compromise your beard hairs.
If it's a toner, yes.
If it's a face wash, absolutely.

Yes -- Ive gotten beauty water and a Klairs oil cleanser. There good and always throw in freebies.I like many of the benton products-- especially the snail bee venom ones, and I have heard great things about corsX.

Aesop is so generic ... sold by fashion companies as the "cool" skincare... buy a hat, buy a coat and pick up a toner ... what?

Don't care. Just want products that *work*. Aesop is alcohol and fragrance loaded -- no thanks.

I like to use an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

My skin is clearing up Bros

it's all about trail and error. some fag here might claim __ product is amazing only for it to do nothing. for another user it might give them a breakout, and for another it might be the miracle elixir. i like skincare but it's annoying desu

i currently use a mix of products from deciem, mario badescu, and iope. need a new daytime moisture tho

Is anyone here using the body shop product? Whats your thought?

alright, thanks!