What does 'progress' mean to you?

What does 'progress' mean to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/problem-of-many/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Technological advancement, increased military efficiency, cultural domination and increased output of the arts, greater ownership of assets and resources.

In essence, how it works in Civilization games.

n+g

t. econ master race

Another dead nigger

Birth from anal sex.

Nothing. All change is progress of some sort.

my quality of life becomes better and I can do more things

Technological improvement and people not killing each other as much.

Superstitious nonsense.

A linear time line.

Progress is a myth

>believing in grand meta narratives

two dead niggers

'spook'

Shitposting on a Cantoneese Wack-a-mole forum through a web of interconnected devices to another tribe across the sea and discussing our waifu's

The number of social policies I've unlocked.

Anything that benefits the political interests of the intelligentsia as a caste.

If my most pressing problems go from being starvation and war, to gay rights and gender orientation.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/problem-of-many/

"progress" is a bar that reads from 0 to 100. It is measured as a percentage of the working class that has been distracted and divided by new age thoughts such that they cannot protest unlivable wages, low upwards mobility, and lack of alternatives.

Good post

How about you cost benefit analyze my foot up your ass?

please user the truth is too harsh and i can't afford to be any more bitter.

a word idiots use to avoid rationalizing concepts and decisions they generally want to foist on others for what they perceive as the greater good.

driving humanity through technological advancement towards our complete and total self-genocide.

Can't wait for when we make that final leap into the dark to experience the greatest collective headtrip of our lives

space colonies an shieet

Less suffering, more happiness, and sustainable.

How exactly do we measure this?

>metanarratives
>2016
smdh tbqh lad

I'll add prosperity in the sense of economic equality, with most of people having enough to live and we're good

Not that poster, but it's not something you'd really consider in terms of quantitative data. It's more a case of establishing a set of bare-bones social conditions (basic human rights, standards of living, democracy, ecological protection, sustainable resources etc.) which will be in a perpetual state of improvement so long as technological progress and economic security is sustainable.

good old solow model

A Gotham that no longer needs Batman

The buzzword lesbians, gays, transexuals, liberals, etc. use to justify their degenerate views on how society should be

It's a buzzword used to glorify whatever the ruling elite at the time wants

It's the exact mirror to "degeneracy"

We said progress, not miracles

The rise of the middle class

A term used to further ones political ambitions

The only correct answer

Nonsense.
Progress happens but the problems of earlier times still remain as well change forms.
It's also used as a type of rebuttal on the left and right as a form of denial.