Why do people size down on Red Wing boots?

Why do people size down on Red Wing boots?

I see it often advised but I've been wearing them for years and just get the same size as my sneakers and they fit great.

if I want a cusioned footbed then I size up.

am I missing something?

the used ones I see on eBay always have the comment that they regrettably sized down and the boots were too small for them

What's with this size down meme? same thing happened with APC jeans and jeans in general. I used to read some of the most retarded sizing down advice but never had issues getting pants that buttoned up comfortably.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Red-Wing-Heritage-Blacksmith-Vibram/dp/B018TL4MM8?th=1&psc=1
amazon.com/Red-Wing-Heritage-Blacksmith-Briar/dp/B00J1O8A8A/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1517699315&sr=1-3&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=Blacksmith red wing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do you go by UK shoe sizing my man?

nah my regular US sneaker size.

red wings are in US sizing as their main sizing aren't they?

basically if a shoe is in UK sizing I get a 9uk if it's US sizing I get a 10us.

most people seem to get a 9us in red wings even though they are normally a size 10 us in other shoes. sounds retarded

I wear a 13 in sneakers and sized down to 12 for my Red Wings and they fit fine

Maybe it has something to do with how they compress the boots in boy's sizes

just bought a pair of 8111s. best boot ive ever owned by a wide margin. they say buy a half size down but i got my normal size and there perfect

Never size down you kuck

WHY ARE MY FEET SO FUCKING SMALL NOBODY SELLS SMALLER THAN A 6 AAAAAAH

Most brands of boots say "size down lol" but the smallest they sell is a 6 which is about my exact size. I'm so jealous of you bigfoots

USA based Western internet forums came with "size down on Red Wings idea", it's a regional thing and I believe OP your assessment is correct.

They're probably abnormally shaped or something like that. I'd guess that it's just a precautionary thing so people don't get uncomfortable shoes.

Or maybe it's a meme. Who fucking knows or cares?

I was looking at 8085s and 3343s but cant tell whats a better boot, any suggestions?

The reason to size down on leather boots is that leather softens and stretches to an extent with wear. You can call this process breaking them in. If you start with a stiff piece of leather that 'fits you well' and then it softens and becomes loose, your foot is gonna slide around. If you start with a boot that is just barely big enough then it'll fit perfect when the leather is broken in.

>shoes where the platform is too narrow for your foot, so it actually is off the edge

Is that going to break in? What brand of shoes should us with gorilla feet wear? Narrow at the heel, wide as shit at the toes, and they splay out a ton. Pic very related, if I don't get something that fits, my feet and the way I walk tear apart the shoe in 6 months tops, and it winds up all busted up.

Red wings are still using the same specs from way back when, so the numbers don't always align depending on size. I wear size 10 reds and size 11 everything else. so, ymmv I guess

If you dont like clown shoes you take the right size which is one size down.

I have the same issue. My feet are just too manly.

They size down relative to their measurements on the Brannock. Your sneakers may also run larger as New Balance does and you may be used to poor fitment. No, sizing up changes more dimensions than what an insole requires. Yes, you are clearly missing something. I guarantee that you are not wearing the proper fit.

What you are relying on is a cross-section of eBay sellers that likely bought boots signt unseen and do not understand about different lasts, widths and . . . well, they haven't a clue.

APC jeans run large because, as they clearly state in their Size Guide, the stated size is less than the actual width of the garment. Is this too fucking complicated? The actual garment is 33" across but the size name is 31. If you have items from another manufacturer that follow the same convention then you wear the same size for both brands.

Most men have absolutely no idea what their proper fit is.

>USA based Western internet forums came with "size down on Red Wings idea", it's a regional thing and I believe OP your assessment is correct.
Well you're fucking dumb as a slice of toast.

Damn, I’m a size 9 and I thought my feet were small

I'm getting some red wings, what is the difference between these two?

amazon.com/Red-Wing-Heritage-Blacksmith-Vibram/dp/B018TL4MM8?th=1&psc=1

amazon.com/Red-Wing-Heritage-Blacksmith-Briar/dp/B00J1O8A8A/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1517699315&sr=1-3&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=Blacksmith red wing

I don't get this meme of not having trouser breaks anymore let alone cuffing the damn things. All the other trends towards near tailoring etc I understand but a well executed trouser break is as important a feature of a suit as buttonholes or pocket styling

the sole

the first link is the more new updated version with a sole with some tread in the middle

main shoe is the same though

Thanks, I'm going to order the Vibram sole one.

thinking of getting a pair of these

should I go for it?

Get wider shoes. Footwear comes in different widths from B (extra narrow) to EEE (extra wide).

Not crazy about the color but roughout leather is great.

Yeah, but the EEE-EEEE stuff is hideous, but I can't wear much else. AmI fucked aside from custom made?

Hideous how? You mean because they look clownish?

Custom made is nice and probably worth it for a good pair of boots, especially if you can't deal with the offerings already on the market.

>EEE (extra wide)
>EEE-EEEE stuff is hideous
Yeah bro, just order the widest possible online and then return it if it ain't right. Makes more sense than just tracking down an actual place that stocks the item and going there to be fit properly. Different lasts and all of the other companies out there are bullshit. Red Wing is the best around the coffee shop or riding your fixie. Roughout leather is like leather but rougher. That's what you need. . . so people know you're rough and that you super heavy metal but outdoorsy without the actual music part or any camping and bugs nonsense. Seems like you only need to ask your parents for the money now. See you at Coachella hombre!

Yes

They look way nicer in person too

What drugs are you even taking?