Who was in the wrong?

I see both factions being equally vehement about the others being absolute barbarians

who are the aggressors? Was the Azeri invasion this year justified?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Azeri_language
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll sum it up: The land has always been Armenian and was over 90% Armenian at the end of WW1 when both countries were annexed by the Soviet Union. Before then the British Allied forces had betrayed the Armenian forces who controlled the area by saying it would be given to them at the Paris Peace Conference, but in actuality wanted to give it to the new Tartar state called "Azerbaijan", taking the name of the Iranian province it is not part of, in order to access their Caspian oil reserves in return. Stalin also wanted to put the region under the Azeri SSR both because he wanted to create conflict and good relations with Turkey.

During Soviet rule, Artsakh Armenians were treated as second class citizens in their own land (Karabakh is the name foreigners use). Lots of churches were demolished, the use of the Armenian language was discouraged, and lots of Azeris were settled in the area. By the end of the Soviet period the region was about 70% Armenian.

The Soviet Union was falling apart and independence would soon be given to its states. Armenians wanted Artsakh to be joined wih Armenia, and in response atrocities were committed against Armenian civilians living under the Azeri sphere. This led to war for the region. Armenians were on their own. Russia funded both sides for money. Azeris recived lots of help from Turkey, Chechen and Paki jihadists, and Israeli bankers, but they all got BTFO and the Armenians of Artsakh declared an independent republic.

>Israel

Azerbaijan was in the wrong

Armenia.

Nice to see them not get absolutely annihilated for the first time in history

Armenia doesn't belong in the region, they should all be deported to Russia to be with their fellow "orthodox brothers".

Who do I believe? Comparing it to other conflict involving Turkics/Muslims, the "Azeris are peaceful victims" claim doesn't seem to hold much validity

Armenia has been Orthodox Christian longer than Islam has even existed.

Azarbaijian isn't even a real country. The Soviets just made it up out of nowhere, the real Azerbaijan is an Iranian province to the south and actual Azeris are just Turkic-speaking Iranians. It's like the Macedonia of the Caucasus.

Armenians are the peaceful and honorable side. They committed few war crimes, which were essentially exclusively committed by Azeris. The Azeris even had to massacre one of their own villages and blamed the Armenians for it. Lots of dumb international "intellectuals" likewise go out of their way to ignore Azeri war crimes and exaggerate/make up whatever they can against Armenians because they're afraid of not being neutral by pointing the clear and obvious aggressors. Don't be a pseudo-neutral idiot.

>Armenians are the peaceful and honorable side. They committed few war crimes, which were essentially exclusively committed by Azeris. The Azeris even had to massacre one of their own villages and blamed the Armenians for it. Lots of dumb international "intellectuals" likewise go out of their way to ignore Azeri war crimes and exaggerate/make up whatever they can against Armenians because they're afraid of not being neutral by pointing the clear and obvious aggressors. Don't be a pseudo-neutral idiot.
where's the proof for the false flag massacre?

also thanks for all of your information, Veeky Forums, I had my suspicions already (the way Armenians answered my inquiries vs the manner in which Azeris rebuked me for daring to question their justfulness)

"Azerbaijan" should just be partitioned three-way between Armenia, Russia, and Iran.

It's not like it was ever a real country before 1918, not to mention that the region itself wasn't even known as Azerbaijan before the Russians conquered it.

>Commies moved Azeris to the north
That happened to Armenians and Azeris.

>Turkic-speaking Iranians.
>Millions of Iranians just decided to switch to a Turkic language
Sounds legit

Notice how in every conflict between Christian and Muslim nations, Israel and the U.S. sides with the Muslims.

Nigerian Civil War, Bosnian War, Kosovo War, Armenian-Azerbaijan conflict etc

It's already some kind of Russo-Iranian buffer state at this point.
Kek Israel sure does love helping Shias despite how much Khomeini says he hates them.

Considering that Armenia is one of the oldest nations on earth and Azerbaijan is a country invented by the soviets, I'll say it's easy to decide.

"Shias"

>Israelis helping Muslims gain their sovereignty
What a funny world we live in.

Armenians of course, it's been their land for a thousand years.

Plus fuck those Muslims.

How is it that Israel came into this conflict?

ITT: Everyone forgets the Iranic chiefdoms that ecisted there, the Islamic Emirates as well as Qara Qoyunlu
tl;tr Azeri do have a legitimate claim but cannot enforce it so it is a frozen conflict

>It's not like it was ever a real country before 1918
It goes further back than that user.

see >the new Tartar state called "Azerbaijan", taking the name of the Iranian province it is not part of

You are literally WE WUZing a people that still exist. "Azeris" are next level niggers.

>"Azerbaijan" is a turkic nation that stole the name of an iranian province
The first mention of Azerbaijan as a country is preceded by the Selucids, a Turkic nation, which colonises the region. Persia (re)enters the picture later, and only then has a province named after this ethnicity.

Britain isn't a even a real country. They stole that name from pre-Roman nomads. The real Britain was a bell beaker society and actual Britains are just Franco-Anglo-Saxons. It's like the macedonia of western europe.

>Turkic

Turkics didn't even exist in that region during the Seleucids you retarded cockroach.

And yes Azarbaijan was a term used since the 5th century, the difference is the "Azeris" who lived there did not speak a Turkic language, they were ethnically Iranic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Azeri_language

>Millions of Iranians just decided to switch to a Turkic language

This isn't something new or crazy, it happened in Anatolia, where millions of native Anatolians adopted the language of the ruling Turkic class.

Not to mention there's strong evidence of the Azerbaijan region being Iranic before the Seljuks.

>I see both factions being equally vehement about the others being absolute barbarians

this thread certainly confirmed that statement OP

The Selucids are Turkic.

Also, if they were already there and only switched the language after the selucids came, then they aren't WE WUZing because they already lived there.

You realise that ethnicities are nebulous and dynamic right? I don't think there's a single country in the world that hasn't been influenced by many countries from multiple origins. Plus this all happened about 900 years ago.

>The Selucids are Turkic.
what...

>Jews supporting Arabs.
Wut.

>Who was in the wrong?
if you think about things on this scale as being right or wrong you should kill yourself by choking on Ayn Rand

None of those countries are arabic. What are you smoking?

>Azeris
>Arab

Stay triggered Azerifags

>Arabs
Nigga Jews are closer to Arabs than to Azeris fcs

My bad, I meant the Seljuks, not the Seleucids.

>Notice how in every conflict between secular nations, Israel and the U.S. sides with the Wahhabis.
Fix'd

It's not unheard of.

Hell, Israel even helped Iran of all countries hugely so, during the Iran-Iraq War (iran isn't arab but it's a good example of pragmatism in that area)

Without Israel's Operation Opera, Saddam would've had a nice nuclear deterrent from the West, and who knows what kind of fuck fest that would've brought about.

Iran isn't arabic either.

Yes I know, that's why I said
>(iran isn't arab but it's a good example[...]

Makes me wonder why the west didn't care about him getting nukes back then only to get triggered about even the thought of it latter?

That's because Western foreign policy is the political equivalent of six kids in a special ed classroom eating crayons and pissing themselves, shortly before spazzing out and attacking someone for literally no reason

You're right, I need to sleep

>muh ethnicity
>muh national integrity
Who was wrong? They were all stupid plebs believing in spooks. If I lived there my #1 priority would be to save a bit of money and get out, I'd move to Brazil or something.