Do these types of shavers leave more stubble than shaving with an actual blade?

do these types of shavers leave more stubble than shaving with an actual blade?

Yes.
You couldn't have just, like, Googled that?

faggot

Mine doesn't

Yes, but personally I've had less issues with razor burn using one.

Yes I have both and the electric razer leaves so much I wouldn’t even call it stubble.

Just buy a panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 for 200 bucks, works fine with my thick hair. Everything else, even braun is shit.

Shaving with a electric razor is much healthier, don't listen to the thotboys here.

oy vey

>200 bucks
:/

>Shaving with a electric razor is much healthier
They pull like an absolute motherfucker if you go for more than a day or two without shaving. I don't have to be clean-shaven for my job so I usually shave every weekend. Electric razors fucking hurt.

They're also more of a pain to keep clean in my experience. I mean really clean, so that you're not spreading old oil and shit on your face. And I refuse to believe you're able to get a clean-shaven even with an expensive one as you can with a shitty disposable safety razor.

Fuck electric razors.

Nah man, i got really thick curly hair. Bought some shitty elec razor before and experienced what you described. You need to invest in a good elec razor, otherwise you will fuck your body up.

But, let's be honest, absolute the same with shaving wet. Problem with shaving wet is that you blast your body with a shitload of chemicals, found in shaving cream, gel pads in razor etc. -> same effect like anti baby pills.

I agree that shaving cream is pretty worthless. Chemicals aside (I wouldn't know anything about that because I barely ever use it, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn it fucks some people's skin up), there's just no reason for it to exist, splashing your face with warm water and then using soap or even shampoo as a lubricant works fine. Shaving cream is one of those products that somebody invented and then advertisers convinced us we needed, it's not something anybody was crying out for.

Maybe you're right and I'd have had better experiences if I spent a little more on an electric razor (my hair isn't curly but it's also extremely thick) but honestly I'm not sure why I'd do that when I can just spend a quarter of that on a decent safety razor that I can also use for years and is dead easy to clean. (I also hate those gel pads, I'm not seriously suggesting anybody buy shitty disposable razors.) Hyperbole aside though, I'm glad you found something that works for you.

Yes, just use disposable razors. Electric razors don't give you anywhere near a close shave. They are for lazy people.

Yes but I like the look of stubble so I use one to achieve the look, if I want to clean up with a close shave I use my safety razor.

TFw bought one for like 100 € but turns out i can't use it because it burns my skin

I have an electric razor and a straight razor. It's a tough comparison, because everyone's hair is slightly different in terms of coarseness and density on the face.

For me, they're both fine, but they require completely different techniques. With the straight razor, it's impossible to get a close shave with only one pass on my face...I absolutely require 3 passes (with grain, sideways or against grain, then touchups).

With the machine, I simply need to make as many passes against the grain until there's nothing left...sometimes it's 2 passes, sometimes it's 8 or 9.

As for soaps and gels, there are definitely packed with chemicals. My face is perhaps average in terms of oiliness...so it's fine to just use water and soap, or 'shaving soap' from those hoity-toity companies. But Gillette or any other shaving cream that comes out of a canister is to be avoided by me, not because of any biological problem, but because for some reason they don't work as well as the soap on a badger brush. The lather is the problem...the ones out of cans feel oily to me..but the soap doesn't.

But electric ones are fine...just learn your growth patterns and shave accordingly. Shave with a straight razor or a safety, and you'll learn your growth very quickly.

>shampoo
Don't do this - it can cause acne. Soap is fine, though.

The best setup for me is your traditional wet shaving prep with a modern cartridge razor. Shaving soaps and old school creams that need to be lathered are nice.

ive been using these since i was 13
i just throw them out after i use them once
am i doing it wrong

>since i was 13
>13

What the hell? Are you a paleotenic abomination?

nah, just pakistani
it only like once every 2 weeks or so
by the time i was in tenth grade it escalated to about twice a week

>just pakistani

?

What is that supposed to mean?

Maybe he's a high test arab jewboy.

i'm south asian, i grow a lot of body hair and facial hair
whats the confusion?

Being Pakistani has nothing to do with the fact that you have the genetics of a troglodyte.

What I do if I've let it go is run the sideburn thing over my face or use my clippers and then shave.

i was under the impression your genetics generally come as a result of your parents and your ancestry, which in my case is pakistani / south asian.

That's because most shaving creams are shit. Get a shaving balm/oil/cream/soap with lots of fat to lubricate

Pakistani is a nationality, not an ethnicity, nor a race.

"South Asian" is a demonym, not an ethnicity, nor a race.

You need to make sure that your face is dry to use an electric razor or it will burn big time.
I got a gilette one for 60$ with a foldable trimmer and it's that part that I use for shaving.
I

i actually didnt know that, my entire life ive told people 'pakistani' and they seemed satisfied

what should i consider my race then?

How should I know?