- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O6iNoAAj1eU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What should I do for seborrheic dermatitis?
It's on the sides of my nose, and a bit on my scalp.

Go to dermatologist and they'll prescribe some ketoconazole topical for you. Clears that shit right up.

Acne fag here. Am I supposed to use this on its own with water or do I use it scrub in my face salicylic acid facewash? Also should I use every day or just a few times a week.

Which one do you have

Just a cheap one I found on amazon that had okay reviews

ty ty

Can I get a critique of my current routine? I've got weird skin (can be easily dried out, but is typically very oily).

Morning: Micellar water (bioderma), then Cerave moisturizing lotion (PM)

Night: Cerave foaming facial cleanser, bioderma micellar water, Cerave moisturizing lotion (PM)

I get acne that seems to be hormonal/drool related and nne of this stuff seems to help with that unless my sleep quality and hormone balance (limited fapping) is kept in check.

My arms and shoulders are super prone to breakouts, but I moisturize (with goldbond) religiously after showers. When I began doing this about a year ago, it cleared up about half of the problem, but the other half is really stubborn and won't leave.
Anybody know how to solve this issue? If I should use a special body wash, do you have recommendations? My face products haven't helped below the neck at all.

what about ice pick marks and hyperpigmentation

Would you recommend the Cerave lotion? I've heard mixed things about it.

For all /acne/ fags: stop wasting time and money in useless shit. Go see a dermatologist and ask for isotretionin. It will be way cheaper and more effective.

Besides, drinking plenty of water is the best skincare advice ever.

Anyone knows how to treats melatonin spots?

How do i get rid off birthmarks?

Why? Birthmarks are God's tattoos

This is,,,, not good advice.

born again

I don't know if this is where to ask but how do you clean your ears? I heard that qtips are bad for you and now I'm confused

Use q-tips you fucking mongoloid.

Does these work better than merely using your hands?

So I've been using Dove soap for years now and I don't think it's caused me much problems, as I have eczema. However, my acnes pretty bad, albiet it's gotten better recently due to using a cleanser again and adapalene. My friend told me that dove isn't technically soap, and that it clogs your pores and causes acne, even citing an article on it (basically a blog post). I'm wondering if Dove soap really is that bad, and what are some alternatives?

I like the PM one, but I know they made a newish one that is very light and with SPF. I'd go for that one instead.

I don't know of any alternatives, but try to use products that are non-comedogenic.

The skin on my face has always been clear af but I get really gross pimples all over my back and chest. How do I stop this?

Is using Salicylic Acid together with Epiduo overkill?

stop roiding

Is the water thing legit? I've been forcing myself to drink more water and I'm just pissing all the fucking time

benzoyl peroxide causes premature aging, right? can I remedy it with moisturizers or should I just stop using it long-term altogethe?

Any suggestions of what to do for rough, somewhat dumpy skin on my upper chest area (male)?

is it worth it?

Stop buying expensive skin care products.

this. but people just like to spend and try a thousand things before submitting to the acutane overlord for some reason

The risks of using acutane are not worth the rewards.

Why

>is drinking water, one of the healthiest things to be drinking, legit?
Well reread your question through my question kiddo.

You are wasting your money.

The risks aren't gonna happen, I've done Accutane and my best friend has done Accutane and aside from altering our chemical balance and making us both extremely sad for a couple years without any reason, my friend developing IBS, and reoccurring horrible chronic vivid nightmares I think it was worth it.

I mean, I guess you could say the same for almost any pleasurable purchase or hobby purchase. If I can afford "expensive" products why not? I mean you mean to tell me you only use generic brand CVS skincare products?

I didn't have a bad experience with accutane. No unmanageable side-effects and took care of most of my acne although i still have hyperpigmented spots. That said you should think long and hard about doing it.

Does anyone have experience with sebaceous filaments? I scrub 3-4 days a week, and unless I intentionally "clean out" my nose with my fingers the scrub doesn't do shit. Help

Stop buying clothes.

Exfoliate (I personally use bha) two to three times a week. Scrubs haven't done anything for me; they probably just scrape off dead skin. The morning after exfoliating though? Smooth nose for the rest of the week.
You run the risk of making the problem worse by picking at them, by the way.

Fuck u

I'm one oily motherfucker and I'm not sure how to treat it. I'm a male in late adolescence and it's not uncommon for my forehead to look like pic related.

I was using some bullshit skin products for a while that were just dehydrating my skin and causing it to produce an unnecessary amount of oil.
I started to use a new skin care routine where I use a light cleanser and moisturizer daily (not completely sure how often to use either, I've tried once and twice a day for both) and exfoliate a couple of times a week.
However, this really hasn't been a solution. I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks and my skin looks much clearer and healthier but still greasy as shit.

What should I change? Have I just not been doing my new routine for long enough?

I would recommend it. However, in my experience, it takes a lot of pumps to get enough lotion for your entire face. Considering it comes in a small bottle, it's a hassle to keep guessing at how much lotion is left (and if you need to buy a new bottle).

Also, it doesn't come with SPF. I personally like this aspect because the SPF irritates my eyes and I don't get much--if any--sunlight due to my job.

Try using a hydrating toner. Only using a moisterizer just adds to the oil, but if you balance it with more water you will see a difference. Dehydrated skin causes excess oil to be produced, so keep your skin hydrated.

I have acne marks all over where acne was. I tried c-serum but that did noy help. Killing myself, pic related.

How do I fix this shit?
I've got a tiny one on my chin and one on my eyelid.
I moisturize daily. I thought maybe daily cleansing + exfoliating was causing it so I reduced the frequency to every two days, but it's still just as bad

I just got done with month two of accutane. First month was 10mg, dermatologist recommended month 2,3, and 4 on 20mg. It hasn’t done absolute shit besides making my pores where I don’t have acne a little smaller and making me thirsty as shit all the time.

I’m washing my face at least twice a day, doing one peel off mask at least once a month, drinking more water than I should, moisturizing every morning and night, and I still can’t get rid of my cystic acne on my jawline and cheek.

for showering i've been using bar soap and a wash cloth since i was born

i literally never wash the wash cloth, i just assume it's clean I guess because of all the soap. i air dry it on a rail inside my shower, same with the soap
i'm starting to think it's a bad idea now. should i switch over to liquid/gel body wash and use my hands? so all that bacteria isn't growing on the cloth and soap

thats ringworm.

that's not really a good picture, just the first for "dry skin patch face"
it looks closer to this, just a little redder

It takes time. Just wait, nigga. Your dosage is low af tho.

I only had audio hallucinations for the first 72 hours after starting for a week, then the daily nose bleeds for a week or two after, then it settled down. Skin has never looked better.

It's not about the water itself, it's the amount

I keep getting these hards bumps and whenever I squeeze em (bad idea I know I've stopped doing it) this small shard of something comes out.
I'm 25 and shouldn't be having these fucking skin problems. Can I buy a mask or cream or something to stop this from happening? Never had any skin issues outside the zits you get during puberty.

I'll read the wiki later.

Drink throughout the day, although I like to knock 500ml out soon after waking up.

Make sure you aren't diluting the minerals in your body. If you are peeing like crazy, it is possible that you are lacking in minerals and cannot retain water.

Kind regards, Jordan

>I only had audio hallucinations for the first 72 hours after starting for a week
Jesus christ how terrifying.

What did you hear and why the fuck is this medicine legal?

probably not

If it's persisting like that, get an eczema lotion. Sounds like eczema.

Use it with face wash. Also make sure to let it out to dry on its side. I have a clarisonic and used to always put it down face-up, only to clean it one day to find a ton of MOLD underneath the brush part. I didn't know you could take the brush and turny bits beneath it off, so be sure to give it a deep clean like this every few months.

Yes, they exfoliate much better because of the bristles and I think the vibrating helps gunk come out. You're only supposed to use it every few days at most - I personally use a konjac sponge to exfoliate every few days, and then use the clarisonic about once a week when I'm doing a deep clean spa day.
I can't vouche for whatever this is, but seeing a dermatologist will help better than anything else if your acne is severe. I had such bad cystic acne in high school to the point where I would cry about how hideous I looked :~( But then I saw a dermatologist and she gave me cephadroxyl pills with some creams and it cleared up pretty much immediately. If I went to one sooner I wouldn't have any ice pick scars to deal with.

It's probably too drying and is causing your skin to produce more oil which clogs your pores more than just using water. I use alba botantica pineapple enzyme face wash - Works wonders.

Try AHA and BHA liquids from Paula's choice and Vitamin C serum from TruSkin (make sure to keep this in a cool dark place). I'm and doing this daily combined with healthy diet/water and green tea helped immensely. I had the absolute worst discoloration where my skin was literally purple and looked like someone carved into my cheeks, but now my marks are only noticeable in certain lights. I'll post before and after pics shortly.

Worth a buy

This is the best pic I have of how bad the scarring was, I was wearing makeup in the first picture too so it was actually even worse. There's hope, just stay committed to a routine and it'll fade. I can't praise AHA and BHA enough.

Any UK fags recommend a good brand for daily face wash and acne products with Salicylic Acid.

I've been improving my sleep patterns, eating healthily, exfoliating, cleansing and moisturising my face daily and sleeping with a clean towel over my pillow every night. As soon as one spot has been cleaned another's popped up somewhere else. It's like my face is alive.

one of htese is a dude ones a girl? wtfs going on

Yeah it's a bad pic haha, I'm just behind a male friend in a photo. This should make it clearer.

Is this fixable? And yea I know I need a haircut

I'm currently taking vitamins A and D3, and some Zinc supplements, to try and control my acne better. Do these things actually work and anyone have experience with them? I personally think the D3 will work really well for me cuz my acne clears up a ton in the summer when I can get outside.

is acne and dark circle and spot fixable with drinking water?
or i should just go to dermatologist?

wash ur face 2x everyday before its too late.
you dont have it that bad faggot

Dark circles are fixed with better sleep

Current routine is

>cleanser
>exfoliant containing salicylic acid (used 3x week)
>moisturiser

I've pretty much stopped having breakouts, but this blotchy redness won't go away. Should I try benzoyl peroxide, or something stronger, or just go see a dermatologist?

one good tip of advice is to stop using a cleanser with benzoyl or salicylic acid if you do because those are chemically melting your face, try doing a korean facial mask regimen for about 2 weeks, also try snail cream before bed and use Thayers Witch Hazel, the red bottle, maybe twice a day just splash it on your face.

i get everyday 7 hours of sleep, but the dark circle is unaffected.

I'm getting older and while I don't have any deep wrinkles I do have a lot of fine lines all over my face and hands crisscrossing even. They're really shallow so they aren't noticeable unless you're really close but it looks uglier than smooth skin.

How do you get rid of fine lines all over?

>benzoyl peroxide
does that sound like something you be putting near your skin? wash your face and moisturise, drink water. its that simple

reverse the ageing process

Overpriced shit that is 90% fragrance

Don't fight it, embrace it. Baby-smooth skin is for children.

it isn't. fucking retard.

might be nasal congestion, might be genetic

>dude just drink water
>just wash your face bro

Hydroxylic acid doesn't sound like something I'd want on my skin, what's your point? I've already been doing the basics for close to a year, and I've seen some improvement, but I've been stuck for months at this stage (occasional pimples, blackheads everywhere, blotchy redness over my nose and cheeks). I clearly need to step my regimen up, not go back to the basics because you have chemophobia.

Looking into korean mask treatments, ty user

Why is my skin worse now, when I'm 20, fit and eat healthy, than it was when I was a fat 16 year old? I have more pimples than before, it's always dry and my nose looks greasy.

Pretty dumb logic. Read the ingredients on your moisturizer and it'll all sound like stuff you shouldn't be putting on your skin.

Yes, see a dermatologist ASAP. Hyperpigmentation and scarring from deep acne like on your nose is a real pain to deal with if left untreated.

I'm my routine is

>Alba Botanica pineapple enzyme face wash
>Use this with a konjac sponge to exfoliate every few days, use a clarisonic or some other vibrating brush once a week
>Thayer's Witch Hazel toner
>2% Paula'd choice BHA nightly
>10% AHA every other night or less
>TruSkin Vitamin C serum daily and nightly
>2 drops of The Body Shop oils of life to moisturize
>Gently dab any acne scars with Paula's Choice 25% Vitamin C cream nightly

Once a week I use Aztec Secret clay mask mixed with half water/apple cider vinegar. I follow this with a Tony Moly mask - Doesn't really matter which ones. I like the seaweed and avocado ones tho.

The oils of life moisturizer is pretty expensive if bought from The Body Shop btw, I managed to get mine from TJ Maxx for just $5. If you can't find any at a TJ Maxx / Marshalls just find something else. It does last a long time if you do decide to go for it, I think I've been using my little bottle for about 6 months now. I used to use CeraVe moisturizer which worked fine if you're looking for something cheaper.

Also the AHA is from Paula's Choice as well. These are also a bit off-putting because they appear expensive but they last a long time and are an absolute must-have for acne / general skincare.

youtube.com/watch?v=O6iNoAAj1eU

buy a proper moisturiser 100% herbal, Nivea non alcohol DOVE.

I have always had Keratosis Pilaris on my upper arms but recently they have spread to the entirety of my arms and even to my legs. What the fuck? Few years ago my KP was starting to fade but now it's getting worse? Do I have some sort of allergy?

Sounds like your skin is actually dehrydrated and compensates by producing oil. Your routine isn't bad for that, but I would add somemore layers in there. Some toner, ampoule, serum, something like that. Maybe a mist to bring to work/school?

Hey guys. Just recently decided I should take care of my skin. I do have some issues in that a lot of my face has red blots on them. I took some pictures just now that aren't so great. Android quality plus I look like shit but hopefully they'll help.

I really just want to know what I likely have so I can find out what to do about it.

Pic 2, full face

It's really not that noticeable - your skin looks spotless and healthy otherwise. I would guess it's a light form of rosacea? I don't know to treat it at home though.

Fucking retard shut up

well in that case anyone with tips for rosacea would be much appreciated. I would love to have clearer skin.

How do i get rid of this shit

Nigga that’s a ringworm