Detective-core

Will dress up as a detective for carnival. Already got a trench coat, a hat, trousers, jacket etc. Post some detective inspo.

Good idea for a thread user.

Thanks man, here's the full get up

>inb4 shit quality

kek'd

Mark Ruffalo's pants, holy shit I need them!

Humphrey Bogart's character in Casablanca during the train scene

Joe Costello from Le Samourai

Michel in Godard's Breathless

Film noir and classic Hollywood films from the golden age in general

>not noir-core
Are you even trying?

cure 1997, sorry for the shit pic, just grabbed one off youtube. 90s japanese cinema is Veeky Forums
>tfw expect a japanese neo-noir but got a surreal hypnotic horror film instead

thanks for the recommendation, both the inspo and the movie
thanks, almost all detectives in film noir dress in the same manner, why is that? I can understand men's dress code wasn't as diverse back then but the trench coat is a staple in every detective film.

Burt Lancaster wears a nice suit in Criss Cross

nice one

>man bracelet
No.

not my favorite either but can be pulled off

does anyone know where I can get a leopard print leather coat

he was the man

really liked babylon berlin

p. sure Max's outfit was a belted leather coat on top of an unbuttoned floral shirt. Borderline sleazecore.

The trench coat over a cheap suit was a staple for showing he was a working class character, wearing an army surplus raincoat.

Not every raincoat is a trenchcoat. If it doesn't have epaulettes, a belt, and a cross-flap, it's not a trench coat.

You will never be a Woody Allen detective with a flip phone.

This long into the thread without Loki?

Roger Sterling, Stan Rizzo and Bob Benson

Waiting around watching people from outside in the rain while blending in with the crowd and being inconspicuous.

Pacino in Heat is kind of the opposite of the Private Investigator ideal whereas DeNiro tried to get it down in all aspects of his life, in Heat that is. In Zodiac the actors are all hipsters playing fancy dress-up make believe looking like they stole their wardrobe from WKRP in Cincinnati.

*fedora core

nice try faggot

watched last night, what a fun movie

>today OP did not fuck up
nicely done user

Newman is so fucking Veeky Forums

McQueen too, goddamn

>Newman