I'm getting $500-$1000 for my 21st birthday [spoiler]from my mum[/spoiler] to get some clothes and set up wardrobe...

I'm getting $500-$1000 for my 21st birthday [spoiler]from my mum[/spoiler] to get some clothes and set up wardrobe. I mainly wear clothes from highschool that were almost entirely purchased by [spoiler]my mum[/spoiler] as you can see by these ugly t-shirts. What sort of basics should I be looking for to not look like a child?

buy 10 adidas tracksuits

this is not good advice user

Why would you think spoilers work on Veeky Forums? Maybe you should just take your mum's advice on what to wear, the clothes she's picked suit you.

First you should buy a basic but clean wardrobe, with pieces that all go together. Focus on the fit of the pieces. Once you're done doing this, you'll find a style that you like and will be able to purchase statement pieces

Read up on some guides or the sticky and if you're not really into fashion and just don't want to look like an autist I suggest you to buy only the basics, read up on some basic colour blocking and get some white sneakers like white stan smiths or reebok c85s or some vans old skool

Do I look like I ever post on this board? I dress like a fucking troglodyte you dickhead

And it suits you. Ooga booga.

adidas stan smiths
Black, and dark blue slim jeans
White black navy blue and red colored t-shirts, sweatshirts, and button up shirts
Also a grey hooded sweatshirt

this plus a couple of pairs of chinos and some proper shoes

buy 2 pieces of Rick

Personal advice
Denim/Pants -> Carhartt
T-Shirts -> Champion,Carhartt,Comme de garcon
Shoes -> Reebok, Adidas Stan Smith
Sweatshirts -> Stone Island, Carhartt,Champion
Jackets -> Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face
Watch (yes its fucking important)-> Vincero for beginner, Seiko(Presage) if you have extra money.
Never buy shirts that have autistic prints on it. Keep it basic. A simple brand logo is enough.
Tapered jeans are the best choice. Cuff them.
Wear a simple leather belt (Hugo Boss). Dont wear rediciulous sneakers.
I obviously understand that you are pretty limited with that money so i suggest that you first invest in decent jeans and black/white basic shirts that fit you ( too loose and you will look like an autist). Buy cool Reeboks and some basic champion hoodies/sweatshirts. You will spend till this point about 250 Dollar. In the future you buy cooler shirts and sweatshirts . You only need 4 pairs of jeans and 3 pairs of pants. Buy a watch. Work and buy better clothes.

>vincero
disregard this post

Get a normie hair cut. Trim your beard. Use moisutizer, peeling, sun protection. Apply neutral anti sweat products. Use parfume and not deodorant. Use quality shampoo that wont fuck your hair up in a long run, also it prevents from getting bold quicker. Cut your nails every second weak. Buy some teeth whitener. Avoid soda. Drink lots of tea(green,oorlong,herb) and water. Work out 3 times per week. You will increase Tesosterone and become more manly. Quit degeneration by trashing anime(One Piece and normie shit is fine but most animes are not). As you work out more and more you interest in video games will disapear. Read books. Improve you life. 22 is not to late.

Those shirts are horrible...and I'm an idiot that wears children shirts, but even mine aren't that bad.

Its a fucking cheap brand with low quality. Regardless they sell fashion watches at a low price that are looking decent. OP obviously doesnt have enough money to buy a Seiko or anything with quality. If i was Op i would buy a Vincero for literally 80 bucks, change my style and later start to save for a good fucking watch.

22 isnt even close to too late lol

And you don't need a lot of jeans and bottoms user. You can make by with one, but around 3 or 4 is better.

I think the biggest factor is that the fit on everything you buy is flattering. Especially if your rocking basics.

Don't get a watch, it's not necessary, op. It doesn't make you classy or manly or whatever these fools meme about
It's okay if you want one, but really it's a secondary item

>literally improves your style
>people see you differently
You will look more smarter, fashionable and serious. If you have a serious watch on your wrist everyone will notice and it will charm the whole outfit. A watch makes the difference between a well throuthought appearence and a lazy one. You can give a fuck about what i just wrote but people will always look better on you if you have a watch.

Is this sarcasm or a form of irony?

A watch is the only acceptable jewelery that literally every man can pull off. Its in human nature that people appreciate good looking things/jewelery/.. . Must be a fool to miss out on that one.

My grandfather gave me a rolex, in addition to other old expensive watches I wear less occasionally

I get compliments on all of them, but whoever says it changes your lifestyle or makes people love you is a wage slave or such a tool that people have to gravitate to what's on your body more than your personality

Only acceptable male piece of jewelry in the 20's. No one cares nowadays except a small percentage of conservative bigots

>Watch (yes its fucking important)-> Vincero
what the fuck
and hugo boss too
disregard everything this person says they're not in a position to give advice

Yes it its

Get some plain t-shirts and flannels from Uniqlo. Get some cheap jeans that are comfortable and some Blundstone 500 boots.

Use the rest on underwear, socks and getting a haircut. Then head over to the skincare and fragrance generals.

>Plain basic t shirts
>Jeans in black and dark blue
>Chinos in tan, navy
>OCBD in white, blue
>maybe a couple of flannels
>Couple of plain crewneck wool sweaters
>Plain white sneakers
>Boots
>Few pairs of plain chino shorts if you're in a hot climate
Focus on the above as a starting point for basics, and then gradually add to it once you develop your own tastes. Go for minimal to no branding/logos and prioritise a good fit over everything.

Uniqlo is probably your best bang for buck for basics.

armani exchange should be your begin all end all for wardrobe basics. just dont overdo it with the AX logos or else youll look like an ethnic douchebag

It's what middle schoolers would wear. In 2008.

Shot in the dark, but Uniqlo. Op, if you also have loose/baggy pants, then you should go find some pants that look halfway decent and slimmer.