Importance of fashion IRL

How important is having a fashion sense in order to have charisma and confidence in real fucking life? I have been a sort of hikkikomori all my life and I finally got the confidence and determination (and a lot of determination, let me fucking tell you that) to talk to people and change my situation, but I don't know how much my clothing will fucking affect peoples' opinions of me, all the while I have to worry about the fact that I have no fucking money. What are your thoughts, does clothing change people's perception of you?

Fashion makes you more confident in yourself, more confidence in yourself leads to talking to people more, talking to people more leads to development of charisma, and from then on its having a real life.

if you do the bare normie minimum you'll get by fine. if you start to take an interest in it you'll slowly attract other people that are a bit more like you.

it's a process. you'll become more comfortable in your own skin little by little, and as such you'll gradually feel comfortable to leave the normie basic dress style and start to look good and unique. with this phase, you begin to pull off your clothes, not simply wear them. you'll come off as confident and more importantly you'll feel more confident.

the first step is to dip your toes.

>Fashion makes you more confident in yourself, more confidence in yourself leads to talking to people more,

Hmmm... Seems to make sense.

The few times I have wore a suit (this slim suit that I spent more than I should like to admit and hours and hours of online shopping) I felt like the most confident man I have ever been in my life, I felt almost authoritative. Thanks user! :)

>you'll come off as confident and more importantly you'll feel more confident.
Ok user. How many suits do you think a man should own?

i won zero (0) suits though that's really because i don't work in a field where it would be typically worn.

just look at how people on the street are dressed. people that seem confident, people that seem to have a life that you want. take it all in and take cues, see what you like and what you don't like. take it as the first step and buy some clothes. not every purchase you make will be a great success, but slowly you'll learn more about your own taste.

To have a postive impact on others you need a minimum amount of it but besides that it won't improve too much because it doesn't off balance your flaws.
For a positive impact on your self the bar is higher but not that much because you just reach a point where you are content.
Then if you have actual interest the bar is always higher and this can be good or bad, depends on the person.

> not every purchase you make will be a great success, but slowly you'll learn more about your own taste.

But what if I have no money though? I am browsing the internet right now looking for the best deals for the clothes I want because I don't have much money but this is tearing my mind apart. The Paradox of Choice is real. I can't fucking decide how much I should spend and how much I should buy. Should I just buy 1 color, or 2? Which one is better, the one from this shop or this other? Do I really need this to look fashionable? Yes or No? It is tearing my mind apart, I can't take it.

Read the sticky, and go to second hand or thrift stores. Not everything has to be having a suit. Try the clothes out, feel the fabrics adn more improtantly see if they fit.
I repeat
>READ THE STICKY

Also don't sperg too much, if you like it you like it. It's like getting a dessert: You had the pie and it was nice, you could have chosen the ice cream, but both were good and there is not a big reason to get sad cause you could have had something else. READ THE STICKY

>don't have much money
>doesn't sink every paycheck and student loan into ethereum

I was already reading the sticky as we spoke because I'm a newfag to Veeky Forums

He looks like a stuffed weiner

I find clothing makes a huge difference and tells a lot about someone. You can tell an aspie based on clothes alone. Im not saying you should be a fashionista but its not hard to do better than vans, blue jeans and a H&M hoodie.

We can tell.

The whole point is to stand out. It takes balls to do that. look at the pic you posted. he stands out. eyes naturally gravitate toward him. most people dress preppy or GQ or hypebeast. it's bland. you have to experiment. don't be afraid. it's a process.

these are the most basic boring outfits on earth. these sorts of people are posted everywhere in magazines and blogs because they are already very attractive. 90% of people don't look like that. use your clothes to set yourself apart from the rest

it's importance is dependent on who you are in pic related

>use your clothes to set yourself apart from the rest

Being this much of an attention whore.

If you wanna be different, do something different and be someone different instead of dressing like a clown, faggot.

Didn't you ever wonder why socially competent chads wear boring normie clothes and asocial nerds wear fedoras and 1920s larp gear?

I'm also a newfag. I would also recommend to get some kind of style you want to aim to.

I know it sounds childish but I would like to feel as cool as I think Squall is, that is why I like to wear pants and jackets, however I deny only/most dark clothing because it makes me look like an emo wannabe.

(Still in process of self discovery, I'm having fun nevertheless... I even got into the fragance general)

>The whole point is to stand out

no it isnt, this type of thinking is very symptomatic of fashion victims / fashion fans who get lost in the sauce

reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. are you a Chad? do you look like a Chad? read what I wrote again. every fashion forum loves to post simple outfits by celebrities. Paul Newman or Steve McQueen or Brando in a white tee and dark denim. do you look like that? probably not. those guys can wear a garbage bag and still look good.
Fedoras are a good example of standing out in a bad way. you can look obnoxious or great. experimenting to find your own style is key.

key to what exactly?

I guarantee you if you saw someone wearing an outfit posted in one of the inspo threads IRL you wouldn't bat an eye, you can take a good photo of a shit outfit and it'll look good.

It's kind of a joke, so just wear stuff in front of the mirror and see if you like it or if it looks good. Looking at a single outfit in a pic will nearly always make it look good (unless it's absolutely hideous)

It's very important.

Not only do you feel more confident, but people treat/look at you differently.

I've certainly noticed this.

>see something on someone
>it looks nice
>tries it out myself
>i look ridiculous
>back to zero normie boring clothes

anyone experience this?

Literally every time I go out shopping at a store. Is mostly why I buy stuff online.

>How important is having a fashion sense in order to have charisma and confidence in real fucking life?
it's important. having a sense of style increases confidence, which encourages you to go outside and talk to people, which increases confidence even more. and i'm not even talking about high fashion. Just wear well fitting clothes and keep an eye out for clothing you find aesthetically pleasing, then combine them. you just need to remember that fashion is secondary and doesn't compensate for a lack of personality. have passions and interests, and let your style be a reflection of that - not the other way around

>i have no money
go to thrift stores. check ebay, etsy, grailed.

>how much does it influence others
your style says a lot about you, and can make you seem more interesting, inviting, mature, etc. but it's nothing compared to how you actually carry yourself and converse with others

I feel good wearing sick fits, I spray some cologne, and people compliment me and are generally nicer to me. If I don't wear a nice outfit or spray cologne or try, I feel a general haze and people I interact with are much more dismissive of me, less smiling, less conversation in general, etc. Dressing nice just changes me for the better.

Cause you're trying to imitate THEIR style. It could take years trying to find your own touch in style.