Is thrifting effayy?

Is thrifting effayy?

I found a Norse Projects parka once

it can be extremely effay depending how lucky you are. I heard of someone getting an ORIGINAL RL snow beach jacket from the 90s and reselling it for hundreds

In Canada its pretty shit.

Best find I've had at a THRIFT store has been some APC, plenty of decent North Face, and some Patagonia.

Consignment shops you can find plenty but you mays well be using Grailed or eBay and stay in the crib at that point.

its for poor people, i dont associate with them

It's fun and cheap I love doing it.
I find designer stuff semi-frequently but it's almost never your size and something you like
Where in Canada?

Depends on what you get.

NS. You?

You can find decent stuff but you have to be willing to really spend the time looking for it. I once got an Oscar De La Renta button up shirt for $10

trev
chips
let's go

I work in a thrift shop in a pretty wealthy area (east of England). We get a load of designer stuff but it's almost always size XXL.

Unironically live on this guys street

Found this at the Salvation Army yesterday, as well as a Marmot vest. Both for $10

Sounds like you wasted 20 bucks my dude

Both for $10 senpai :)

i live in brazil and all thrift stores here are shit

Alright wasted 10 bucks then, same difference

You can make $10 an hour in a semi-decent job. Making $20 an hour is relatively hard to find

Yeah
Thrifting in SoCal sucks though
everyone around here just throws away their clothes and it's hard to find anything worth wearing that isn't some 2011 graphic hoodies crap.
But I have gotten good stuff too.

of course it is. depends on where you do it though. i worked at a thrift store near the west village or something and we'd always get people who were well off financially donating designer shit all the time.

>wasting an hour of work on ugly ass jackets

you're not helping your case senpai

what good crap you get?

also, where do you tend to go for t hese things?

the ones in pasadena are crap. i dunno where else to go

Wtf I HATE them now

Yes, because it's not for everyone. I mean, it's not enough going, you need to know how to create outfits from the clothes, know which is valuable, which has good quality/design, etc.

Let's play a game Veeky Forums. Post your

>State/province
>How good the thrift game is there

Minnesota
everybody is poor here, so every thrift store is picked over
I have bought a few late 80s / early 90s sports t-shirts that were cool though

>Kentucky
>It's all dadcore stuff, I found a cool corduroy sport coat though for 3 bucks.

Socal
Kinda garbage in my area but its probably better down the hill.

MD. nothing to brag about but ive found okay things. no designer shit though unfortunately

do you ever get to nyc though?

>Tokyo
>God tier

Well, that used to be how it was for me, I'm in Indonesia now and I don't think thrifting even exists

im broke so i dont get to go often but when i do i stop by platos closet. got a few cool things from them but when i go up i usually have to spend what little money i have on hotels/buses/food/drinks

Recently copped some Givenchy and some Dolce & Gabbana wool trousers for $10 each

>when you go to straight to the source to hone your thrift game

isnt malaysia right next door? I'm always buying overpriced vintage designer shit online from those bastards over there

>Mexico City

Meh, is regular to find nice clothes, the more common are clothes from sport brands as Champion, Adidas, Nike, Reebok, etc.

So when your family in America does your shopping, what do you ask for? I think it's funny when Mexicans come across the border and go straight to Aeropostale or Joseph A Bank to shop for their family in Mexico

So Cal
Pretty good, never fail to find something that fits my aesthetic for a good price. But the best thrift stores I've been to are kinda out of the way

Pennsylvania, hit or miss but mostly 5/10 catches

Veeky Forums makes the worst cops at thrift stores, you all have terrible taste

I thought I did pretty good
12 bucks

literally looks like something off the clearance rack at old navy

Well I mean the picture rotated by accident, might look better if you turn your head

>phoenix, AZ
>once you know where to go you can find some good shit. 75% of my closet is thrifted.

Rural VA, there's some pretty nice clothes from the old people that die. Excellent for a Kramer kind of look.

Well, when I was 12 - 14 years old I asked frecuently for Abercrombie clothes.
Now I ask for nothing, because at least in Mexico City there are all brands that I use now (I do not use Abercrombie anymore).
And yes, in Mexico there are not the sense of fashion. If you dress decently, the people will judge you for be a faggot.

I got a pair of unused shoes a while back and I grabbed a few unused sweaters and pants.
A lot of the stuff still had a tag on it.
Windbreakers and stuff

Kentuckyfag here. Same experience.

Alaska is great for vintage thrift, too.

Ahhh shit man where ya from? 859 here

>North Texas
There is nice stuff in the richer areas, lots of dress clothes and skirts

Raised 859 too, but living in Louisville for school.

B-but you'll get dirty looks by all the fat hogs with their range rovers and Louis bags if you walk out of your shitbox
At least in Plano

It's so easy to find formalwear since Sun City is constantly churning out stuff

Ugghh, the bins
Hope you brought gloves

Yeah, it is. Where do you live? Seems like an odd choice considering Malaysians are some of the worst dressers I've encountered.

maybe this is anecdotal but ive only had garbage experiences in vancouver

the culture here seems to be to sell stuff you dont want to consignement stores who turn around and sell them as "rare vintage pieces" for $20-$100 dollars

Not really.

I went into one one time and they had a $99.99 tag on a licensed ysl shirt from the 90's

Mexico is also a failed country.

You get sick if you get shower water in your mouth

Thrifting is great. Some things I've found:

Vtg Filson wool sweater
Borselino Fedora
Joseph and Lyman shearling coat
Many Allen Edmond's shoes
Raybans, Maui Jim glasses
Coach belt/vtg purses
Countless polo rl button downs
Many cashmere sweaters
Marley hodgeson briefcase

Just too much stuff to even recall. I sell most of it on eBay.

Shut up fatss

ew lmfao

nice

Never ever find any nice clothes in the local thrift store, but I've found great cutlery, candelabras, flower pots etc. A virtually unused cast iron fire pit/dish for a fraction of what it was worth comes to mind too.

Men ¿dónde? Yo quería ir al mercado de pulgas de Pino Suárez pero ya no existe ¿qué lugares buenos hay?

Sorry I went to bed. Moving to Toronto from UK tomorrow

kill yourself you fucking moron. what a stupid question

Robb seems like a super chill dude, but i got the feeling Mike is a total asshole in real life.

Bristol, England
It's pretty good if you put in the time. Rarely leave a shop with more than one item but I've found some pretty cool stuff

Meant to reply to this guy

Goodwill's becoming less of a thrift score since they started auctioning stuff online, they filter out all the good shit and leave the dregs in the store.
Savers/Value Village is still a good spot to hit and they're usually better organized than St. Vinnie's or the Sal.
Assistance League shops are top tier for kitschy old people clothes.
One of the best shops I ever found was a local AIDS charity. Lots of designer shit because most of it was donated by upper middle class gay guys.

I'm so sorry for your loss

Nah Mikes fine. Actually they're all pretty decent guys. The only asshole around these parts who's famous is Sidney Crosby

All we do is thrift in FL.
I found like 5 tops and spent probably $5. Sometimes I realize later I don't like them but it doesn't matter because they're dirt cheap.

>Bordeaux (France)
>Kinda good but not a lot of designer/brand stuff

>Florida (North and South because of college)
>as a 5'6 skelly, it's complete shit apart from jackets

>New York (Upstate)
>Literal dirty vacation t-shirt core

>South Florida
>Fun as a hobby, not really good.
Almost everything is size L or above. Sometimes you'll get lucky. I found a pair of MMM gats and slip on CPs today for 25 each today. Both are really good condition but neither are my size :')

Kek

Its ya boi back from the thrift.

The thrift is golden depending on where you go, how much time you are willing do put forth, and knowledge of brands and tech.

>central oregon

not too bad. I got a nice bomber jacket, a pair of brown levi trousers, black corcoran jump boots and a woodland m65 jacket from a local store.

Not central Oregon but nice guess.

There is an ACE Salvation Army in LA but I won't say where

ontario, phenomenal

Its a meme now unfortunately.
People only thrift now because its "cool"

>San Bernardino CA
>4/10 Id rather just hop on Grailed or depop desu

f-f-fresh

i bought a jacket in amsterdam for 40 euros, on the flea market.
turns out it was really expensive - tiger of sweden

Once I was thrifting in Berlin and there was 2 Rick Owens drksdw t-shirts from 2008 or something, they were selling for 39 euro and then Chinese CUNt went to this thrift shop and asked a seller for them, then he went out to call a guy and ask if he needs them or something. And then I asked a seller if I can buy them because he went out and the seller said that I should wait for this guy to come back. Then Chinese dude went back into thrift store and bought one and seller asked if he needs another one because I was asking for it and then he boyit too. I couldn’t buy those because I didn’t know that they have them they were my grail.
True story I’m not Chinese.

This might be the worst post I’ve read all year. I really hope English isn’t your first language.

this is the biggest thrifter of all time

Awesome: Columbia jackets, north face jackets, YSL mens shirt, LL BEAN, just stick to the better locations - especially by hospitals, doctors donate stuff all the time.

If you need a bro in the city lemme know. I know where some good restaurants and stuff are

Of course it's Veeky Forums, instead of everything in a normal shop looking good, and with a nice display trying to get you to buy it, you have to do a lot of the work yourself. It trains your eye to see what looks good and/or would fit in with your aesthetic.

Miami, awesome.

Looks good. That color jacket is hard to find in retail stores.