So this meme where if you work with a company for 40 years they give you a cozy desk job with a pension as a reward for...

So this meme where if you work with a company for 40 years they give you a cozy desk job with a pension as a reward for your loyalty. Something like Manager supervisor or Supervisor Management etc

Does that still exist? I know my grandpa had it

Why the fuck would you ever want to work for 40 years?

Pretty much no, at least not in America. Pensions are horribly expensive to maintain, difficult to manage, and expose both the company and employees to many risks. Score of people lost their pensions when individual companies or whole industries (railroads, steel, airlines) went through restructuring in the past. Even those few jobs that do have pensions (teachers, police, other government employees) are fraught with political and financial problems.

The 401k has pretty much replaced the pension in most private businesses. A 401k is not subject to the credit risk of the employer, and absent actual fraud, your money is going to be safe even if the company dies. They're also cheaper and easier to maintain and manage since each employee is entitled to exactly what they save, no more, no less.

>Why the fuck would you ever want to work for 40 years?
98% of people with full-time careers will work for 40 years. Stop trying to be an edgelord, faggot

String of 75% chances all day

if you worked at same company for 40 years, wouldn't you eventually become CEO at some point

Both pensions and company loyalty are a thing of the past

>if you worked at same company for 40 years, wouldn't you eventually become CEO at some point?
HA!

objectively correct

Probability of killing one or more people choosing path going up
85%

Probability of killing one or more people with path going down
76.26%

thus more likely to murder one or more people choosing the path going up

also if the string of people had a 68.5% chance to neglect all damage it would be even odds

But what about the probability of killing two or more people?

My parents both retired when they were in their late 30s. Only suckers slave for their entire lives.

chance of killing 2 or more is at 36.72%

while the chance of killing less than 2 is 63.28%

So you still have a higher chance of a better outcome going for the string of 75% either way you look at it

So your parents are retards or you are full of shit. I will let you figure out which one you want to go with.

Only suckers retire. You want to have a job you don't want to retire from.

I find traveling and going on vacation incredibly bleak and meaningless. So many stupid cunts take a job that they hate just so that they can start "living their life" as old people. Fuck that meaningless existence man. Live your life to the fullest now. Get a job that you love to work at, get a job that you want to do every single day until you die.

Ivians >>>>POWER GAP>>>>>> people who retire early > wage slaves

There will be no fucking jobs in 40 years.

Are you retarded? The chance that no one dies if you pull the lever is 15%, the chance that no one dies if you don't is 0.1%.

Top lever.

The top has 85 points of death.
The bottom has 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 = 125 points of death.

Meaning, if you ran this simulation a thousand times, the bottom would result in the most deaths. About 47% percent more deaths.

I can run the computer program if you don't believe me.

>Get a job that you love to work at, get a job that you want to do every single day until you die.
Literally does not exist if you're an autist shut-in with social anxiety like me.

Not in the US. The boomers are filling those jobs, and medical science funded by their taxes means they'll outlive your under-fed ass.
There's also the fact that when they reach retirement age, they'll take a look at the economic situation and decide 'I'll just work another 5/10 years since I'm still in good health', and do so while you wait for them to retire.

I dont believe you

How do you calculate 76,26%? I am bad at math.

Question:
What is the difference between getting an index tracker ETF from Vanguard or somewhere or 'trading in indices' directly. Now, I don't think I'm putting it the right way but when I say trading in indices directly I mean when I log into etoro, there is a section on indices, then I can choose for example the S&P 500 and buy x number of shares. What is the difference between this and getting an index tracker account that tracks the S&P 500 with Vanguard or any other company?

Mathematically incorrect. The chance that no one dies if you don't pull the lever is 23.7%

(0.75)^5

Same way you calculate the odds of a coin coming up heads 5 times in a row, except replace 0.5 with 0.75

In the 70's that could have worked out but now that we have boomers in management positions don't be surprised if you get laid off right before you're pension qualified.

>401ks
>safe
Bankster thief detected.

>I find traveling and going on vacation incredibly bleak and meaningless.

So do I. Fucking around on a computer on my own time, not caring about whether it makes me money or not, however, is fun as hell.

All of that beats the hell out of the stress of travel. Rush to the airport for the privilege of waiting in line for an hour to get my balls groped. Best case scenario is I have another hour to wait in the lounge before the plane boards. Then I wait on the plane to get to wherever I'm going.

If you actually like what pays the bills, more power to ya, but fuck travel. Shitposting here or playing vidya beats the hell out of vacationing.

>Shitposting here or playing vidya beats the hell out of vacationing.

You could at least post some more trolleys with your unsufferable bullshit