Slav imperialism

Veeky Forums
Did Eastern Europeans( Bulgarians, Poles, Czechs,etc.) ever participate in the colonization and conquest of other continents?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonial_policy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonization_of_Nicobar_Islands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hungarian_North_Pole_Expedition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couronian_colonization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, but only as setlers and mercenaries.
Russia was the only slav empire that had territories outside Europe

Bump

Bulgarians tried to take Constantinople, if that counts as invading another continent. Czechs didn't have their own state until recently so nothing to comment on there.

Poland tried to conqueror Russia when it was in the middle of civil wars and a famine. I think it included parts of Asia at the time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonial_policy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_colonization_of_Nicobar_Islands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hungarian_North_Pole_Expedition

The sailors of the austro-hungarian imperial navy were all croatians of Dalmatia (and italians of Trieste)

German poles pretty commonly went to Germany's colonies abroad. Qingdao and Samoa were pretty popular for them.

Russians conquered and colonized a good chunk of Asia.

They even set foot in Manchuria until the Japs kicked them out.

Also i forgot Alaska.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couronian_colonization

Courlande (today Latvia) as part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth colonized Tobago in the Caribbeans in 1637 (to 1690) and Banjul in Gambia in 1651 (to 1664)

But as far as I know the courlandish elite were German Balts ( I hope that s the proper english term for Deutschbalten)

I think read something somewhere about Chzech setlers in Rhodesia and South Africa

Can anyone confirm?

Baltic Germans*
German Balts would be guys like pic related

>Czechs didn't have their own state until recently so nothing to comment on there.
Czechs had own state for 128 years since the discovery of Americas, but you simply can't colonize anything if you are landlocked.

That's the reason they don't have immigrants

Poles never did.

>Poles never did.

Poles are too subhuman for imperialism.

>Czechs didn't have their own state until recently so nothing to comment on there.
>bohemia don't real

> /pol/

Poland-Lithuania's vassal Courland had a colony in the Carribean

Also at the Versailles Conference some of the Polish delegation wanted a piece of the German colonies